posted 48 years ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

​Arris SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (Refurbished) - $49.99 at Newegg 

• Compatible with All Major Cable providers: Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, Charter, Time Warner and others
  • Download speeds up to 686 Mbps
  • Upload speeds up to 131 Mbps
  • 16 download & 4 upload channels

Views
3 Comments
Add Comment
Thanks OP, was waiting for this to come around again! In for 1.

FWIW + I am not a techie:

We have Time Warner cable + telephone.  When I changed out the rental cable modem for one of these, I still had to use the original TWC modem for the telephone.  In other words, I'm saving the monthly rental fee, but now I have two modems vs the original one.

ETA:  used 3-way splitter for from-street coax: one out each to TV, cable modem, and telephone modem (which is connected back to house telephone wiring using RJ modular cable)

Got the 35$ refurb 6141 from Newegg, it never received the signal. Returned and got this, it has been working well so far past couple days. It is slightly bigger, reviews seem to say power used is a bit higher, I don't care as long as it works and comcast keeps supporting it for a while.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017