Good price on something a bit sturdier and higher quality than a consumer-grade laptop. My boss has one of these and they are really nice. The only missing feature is a backlit keyboard. Also, Latitude laptops usually have good Linux compatibility, if that's your thing.

https://flash.newegg.com/product/9SIA9RF54S0752

This appears to be a new laptop, not refurbished.

12 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
This model is nearly 4 years old.

rated:
Nonsense. Release date is late February 2015.

rated:
The CPU is a generation or two old, but the laptop has great specs. Reviews are so-so if you dig them up. I'm tempted but can't justify it. The little laptop I use now has much less battery life and is much slower than this Dell, but my old laptop still works fine...

rated:
FYI, CPU Passmark score of this machine's i5-5300U is 3751:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-5300U+%40...

rated:
Also, the screen is 1080p (1920x1080), though I wonder how that would be on such a small screen -- anyone know?

rated:
cogan said:   Also, the screen is 1080p (1920x1080), though I wonder how that would be on such a small screen -- anyone know?
  That's not a stretch of the imagination - my cell phone has 1440 x 2560 resolution on a screen less than 5.5", and many cheaper ones have 1080p.

rated:
I have one of these for work since late-2015, though I have the standard screen. It's a great little laptop, still looks like new despite daily usage and a lot of business travel, and has very good battery life (I can usually get through a coast to coast flight without having to plug in).

I've been a Thinkpad owner for many years -- I use a Thinkpad x250 as a personal laptop and also own a Dell e7230 that I use as a home desktop in a docking station. This blows away the e7230 for fit and finish (I acknowledge the 7230 pre-dates the ultra book designs but it's very plasticky compared to my prior Thinkpads) and I actually prefer my e7250 to my Thinkpad x250 for around the house usage.

rated:
VaporGuy said:   
cogan said:   Also, the screen is 1080p (1920x1080), though I wonder how that would be on such a small screen -- anyone know?
  That's not a stretch of the imagination - my cell phone has 1440 x 2560 resolution on a screen less than 5.5", and many cheaper ones have 1080p.

Right -- what I was wondering was how easy it is to do work on a hi-res screen when the screen is physically so small. One would imagine the text could be very small and not so comfortable to read.

rated:
Got it. I needed a smaller laptop w/ fast processor and overall proven durability, SSD was a must as well as a min of 8gig RAM...Scored!Thanks OP

rated:
Great specs but pretty bulky looking; slightly defeats the purpose of having a smaller laptop/netbook.

rated:
ArmchairArchitect said:   Great specs but pretty bulky looking; slightly defeats the purpose of having a smaller laptop/netbook.
  but it weighs 2.76 lbs...and in general, the thinner the laptop, the worse the keyboard.  At least, from what I've found.

rated:
VaporGuy said:   

But your cell phone has an OS that knows how to scale properly.  Unlike Windows.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017