More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
rated:
OOS

rated:
ACandJVR said:   OOS

I don't have a need for it, but it doesn't show OOS for me.  I can get to the payment page with it in my cart.

rated:
Anyone know anything about this unit. Searches bring up reviews all over the spectrum from good to bad.

rated:
I have found the ACs that you vent with a hose out the window do not seem to cool as well as those that set in the window rated the same BTU plus you may have to empty a water pan - mine overflowed and soaked the carpet when there was high moisture in the air. As far as heat pump - it becomes less efficient the colder it gets. That is why in colder climates the heat pump systems kick off and a furnace is used. If I remember the switch over is normally at 30 dregrees. It will still heat but works harder the colder it gets. So below 30 you might as well use an electric heater.

rated:
tightpapa said:   I have found the ACs that you vent with a hose out the window do not seem to cool as well as those that set in the window rated the same BTU

I agree don't know anything about this unit but portable A/C venting through a hose does not work. I returned the one I bought at Sam's

rated:
russellt said:   
tightpapa said:   I have found the ACs that you vent with a hose out the window do not seem to cool as well as those that set in the window rated the same BTU

I agree don't know anything about this unit but portable A/C venting through a hose does not work. I returned the one I bought at Sam's

We have a window unit that we install when/if we have central air problems.  We also have an LG unit that exhausts out the window thru a hose.  

The window unit is definitely better.  However, If you insulate the hose on the portable unit (insulation/foil/tape), it works very well.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017