posted 48 years ago by
MISTERCHEAP
MOTY 2016

https://subscribe.washingtonpost.com/prime/#/ 

This is a trial, not a no-strings attached 'free' subscription for Prime members.
You have to agree to pay $3.99/month after 6 months. 

be sure to cancel prior to 180 days in your AMZ dashboard.

Washington  Post  > Profile  > Cancel Subscription
After signing up its listed at $0.00/180 days

thx canoeguy & letsgomets

Views
27 Comments
Add Comment
An important point, OP: This is a trial, not a no-strings attached 'free' subscription for Prime members.

There is NO info on how to cancel. Maybe there's more info once you agree to the subscription, but nothing upfront.

canoeguy1 said:   An important point, OP: This is a trial, not a no-strings attached 'free' subscription for Prime members.

There is NO info on how to cancel. Maybe there's more info once you agree to the subscription, but nothing upfront.

Washington  Post  > Profile  > Cancel Subscription
After signing up its listed at $0.00/180 days

i've had this before and it's allowing me to get it again.

After just getting hit for $60 for the "free" Prime Storage I forgot to cancel, I think I'll have to let this one pass. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

If only there were some kind of electronic reminder or app we could use that would alert us in 180 days to cancel...

dannyb33 said:   If only there were some kind of electronic reminder or app we could use that would alert us in 180 days to cancel...
  google calendar?

fokatkamaal said:   
dannyb33 said:   If only there were some kind of electronic reminder or app we could use that would alert us in 180 days to cancel...
  google calendar?

Used it but its not necessary to cancel it seems.

The WP offers free subscriptions to some groups of people, for example educators (with an edu email address).
Also, some local papers will include access to the WP as part of their subscriptions (for example, my local paper.)

Otherwise, this is a good deal, if you remember to cancel. Even if not, perhaps you will find the subscription worth the $4 per month.

Anyone have any leads on Wall Street Journal access? They have started paywalling nearly everything and (almost) none of the usual tricks to get around the paywall work.

I never understood paying to read news - the same crappola is free on a littany of other sites.

The thing is all those sites that have news for free are just rehashing the news paid reporters dug up and papers that cost money published.

Auto-renewal after 180? At the current rate this will be moot.

Too expensive....

The Economist is one of the only publications with actual, unbiased journalism worth reading.

WashPo is very skewed, just as much as Fox News.

outlook, Cortana, windows calender

Does WaPo get any money from Amazon if I do this or is this more like a promotional opportunity where they give it away?

btw, wapo has free subs for .edu addresses.

torpid said:   Does WaPo get any money from Amazon if I do this or is this more like a promotional opportunity where they give it away?
  Bezos owns WaPo.

Let's make sure we keep on the topic of the deal itself, and not political discussions which will derail the conversation and be subsequently removed.

I'm sorry, but I still don't see how to access the AMZ Dashboard to see the subscription so I can cancel later.  I looked under "Your Account" and tried a few areas, but there was no listing for the Washington Post sub.

Speaking of news, what are some great sites for unbiased news?

shrimpsiumai said:   Speaking of news, what are some great sites for unbiased news?
  Fatwallet?

That's about it these days.

shrimpsiumai said:   Speaking of news, what are some great sites for unbiased news?

I recently discovered WikiNews and find it to be the least frustrating.

wikileaks seems pretty dang straightforward...... WAPO is like watching Jerry Springer

I like the online Washington Post. I also like reading The Onion.

But it's scary how similar they look and read these days (and I don't totally blame the Post, either).

babalooie21204 said:   wikileaks seems pretty dang straightforward...... WAPO is like watching Jerry Springer
  Wikileaks posts only the info they want you to know about. The info may be true, but it's still completely misleading because important things are deliberately left out. It's a perfect example of how propaganda is made.

For example:
You ask me the weather. I look outside and see two small coulds in a sunny Sky.
I say "There's clouds out there"

Completely factual, but also completely misleading.

BullishDad said:   I'm sorry, but I still don't see how to access the AMZ Dashboard to see the subscription so I can cancel later.  I looked under "Your Account" and tried a few areas, but there was no listing for the Washington Post sub.
 It wasn't under "Your Memberships & Subscriptions" under "Account & Lists" -> Your Account?" If you recently subscribed, it may just not have had enough time to show up on your subscriptions list yet. I'm not subscribed, but I can see the Washington Post sub option by clicking the Shop memberships and subscriptions link from the same "Your Memberships & Subscriptions" page. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017