posted 1 month ago by
EntertheDeals
Cranky Member

Posted with ToGo

Inspire 100 Vivid
$4.99
http://www.jbl.com/yurbuds-sport-headphones/INSPIRE+100+VIVID.html?dwvar_INSPIRE%20100%20VIVID_color=Green 

In-the-ear, sport earphones feature TwistLock® TechnologyBuy one Inspire 100 Earbuds, get one ErgoSport Armsleeve for iPhone 5/SE FREE.

14 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
sure, why not. I'll try it.

rated:
its weird, reviews not real great but they are better are Amazon's website. For $5 bucks what the hay...

rated:
link for the armband, it does not look too bad, thanks OP
  ErgoSport Armsleeve iPhone 5 and iPhone SE  

rated:
in case you missed it in OP (i did) you get a free armband at checkout with earbud purchase

rated:
Got two and the free armsleeve and free 2nd day shipping

rated:
In for 2. Thank you!

rated:
I got these, they fit like crap (they actually have an insert telling you to call them if they don't fit well and they will show you how to fit them - clear indication the product is crap)

The 'sleeves' fall off easily as well

Save your $$

rated:
Earbuds are now the leading cause of deafness.

rated:
ubuntu88 said:   Earbuds are now the leading cause of deafness.
  What?

rated:
  I thought loud noise was.

rated:
BeanTech said:   
  What?

this is clearly an alternative fact. excessive volume can lead to deafness. how you get there is up to you. 

rated:
I got a similar pair for me and for my teen daughter. I thought they were "Meh". She thanked me literally just a week ago for the gift and said they're "great ear buds! I love them". The twist lock thing does actually hold them in place, however, it doesn't really seal the sound really well in my ears (which are on the small side). My daughter is of the iPhone earbud Generation, and they have to be the worst audiophiles in the world, so I take what she says with a grain of salt.

If I manually push them in a little deeper, the sound is pretty good. Frankly if I'm working out, fit security is more important to me than sound quality, and these work pretty well. There really is a technique for the insertion and it's not a gimmick, at least for my ear shape. Watch the video they have and it will help.

​When they say it lets you hear ambient sound, that is just marketing talk for "dang, they don't seal off the outside noises so let's sell it like we designed it that way on purpose."

rated:
frett said:   
​When they say it lets you hear ambient sound, that is just marketing talk for "dang, they don't seal off the outside noises so let's sell it like we designed it that way on purpose."

Well, they were designed by a triathlete specifically for running so, yes, having a modicum of ambient is an intentional feature. If they wanted isolation, there are easy ways to do that. These are very comfortable for long usage. They are not terribly durable - at least no more so than a typical $10 pair of buds. My daughter has had 3 pairs go bad in about 18 months, I think I'm on my second pair in 3 years. The wires just are not well strain relieved, or are simply poorly bonded in the set. The covers also fall off very easily - even the smallest amount of oil from your ear will make them super slippery against the hard plastic of the driver casing. And new covers are ~$20/pair with shipping. 

As for quality, they are on par with most $20-80 earbuds. Not bad, not great, but good volume (high efficiency). If you can hear the difference between these and a $600 pair of in-ears, you're not working out hard enough.    

rated:
I'll try them again based on the above - thanks

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017