• 5 10/100 Fast Ethernet ports [not Gigabit]
• Fanless, silent desktop form factor
• Plug-n-Play connectivity
• Energy efficient
• LIFETIME WARRANTY, Next Business Day Replacement, 24/7 Tech Support

8 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Great deal! I wish I had waited... but I purchased the Zyxel 8-port 2 weeks ago. 

rated:
Spend the extra $10 and get a gig switch. Unless everything you plug in is non-gig...

rated:
These were the best in their day, get a 10/100/1000 instead.

rated:
I only use Giga between my own computers but I still find use for Fast Ethernet - adding a physical access point for my guest network, driving a remote bank of network printers, diagnosing networks/NICs, expanding basic client networks... (I'm wifi-phobic). A lot of ppl around here have DSL so 100Mbps still won't limit their internet connection speed. Sadly.

Hard to beat for $3; Giga won't be this cheap until 10GbE is the consumer standard.

rated:
I have one of these and it works fine.

rated:
Mail in rebates might as well be none at all

rated:
ptrtistan said:   Mail in rebates might as well be none at all
I had $752 in rebates in 2016, $323 of which was associated with Newegg. To the best of my memory I've had one issue with a rebate through Newegg a long time ago, and even though it wasn't their fault or under their control Newegg stepped up and made it right at the time.

Some shady MIRs may be worth dismissing in general, but that's not the case with virtually every MIR via Newegg. As long as you can stick to protocol and follow directions you should be good to go; always make copies just in case.

Welcome to the site.

rated:
ManuFact said:   
ptrtistan said:   Mail in rebates might as well be none at all
I had $752 in rebates in 2016, $323 of which was associated with Newegg. To the best of my memory I've had one issue with a rebate through Newegg a long time ago, and even though it wasn't their fault or under their control Newegg stepped up and made it right at the time.

Some shady MIRs may be worth dismissing in general, but that's not the case with virtually every MIR via Newegg. As long as you can stick to protocol and follow directions you should be good to go; always make copies just in case.

Welcome to the site.

OTOH I had exactly one rebate in 2016 with Newegg ($10), it never showed up.  In past years I was maybe 50/50 with them for a few rebates.

Your time is the only commodity that is irreplaceable-you have a finite amount of it in your life, use it to the fullest.  I've decided I just won't bother dealing with bad vendors-it's not worth my time to follow up on a small rebate.  These days all I do are Staples rebates and an occasional oil company rebate (which I watch like a hawk just on general principles).

Ironically I've probably spent thousands of dollars at Newegg over the years.  These days I will buy there only if their nonrebate price is the best.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017