posted 48 years ago by
lousygolfer
Senior Member - 3K

Cabela 's has the Garmin echoMAP 43dv fish finder sonar/GPS unit normally $299.99 on sale for $179.99.  This is a compact 4.3" fish finder and GPS unit that includes LakeVu HD maps of over 17,000 freshwater U.S. lakes, 5,700 of them in fine 1' detail.  It's probably the best compact unit for mounting on a kayak on the market (Garmin also has a through-the-hull kayak mount for transducers for only $20 as an accessory that makes mounting this about the easiest fish finder to use with a kayak or canoe).  In fact, the maps alone are probably worth about $100 to $150.

Garmin echoMAP 43dv fish finder $179.99 @ Cabela's 

​However, Dick's Sporting Goods will price match this price AND today you get an additional $20 off a $100 purchase, for a total of $159.99 with free shipping, plus if you are a member of Dick's Score Card program, you get the equivalent of an extra 3% credit toward future purchases.  Dick's order system automatically applied the $20 off discount even though this was a price match and a very heavily discounted price match, at that. 

Garmin echoMAP 43dv @ Dick's Sporting Goods 

Here's details from Cabela 's website:

Garmin® echoMAP 43dv Combo with LakeVü HD

• 4.3" color display with intuitive controls
    • DownVü scanning sonar for incredibly clear picture
    • =12px5Hz internal GPS for effortless waypoint navigation
    • =12pxPre-loaded with LakeVü HD maps

Garmin's echoMap 43dv Combo with LakeVü HD comes with DownVü™ scanning sonar, that produces the clearest picture for identifying fish and structure below your boat. 4.3" color display sports intuitive controls for customizing your setup. 5hz internal GPS updates your position and heading five times per second to make marking and returning to waypoints effortless. Also features built-in 500-watt HD-ID sonar with 4,000-watt peak-to-peak power. 77/200kHz HD-ID and DownVü transducer transmits depth, imagery and water temperature almost instantly. Pre-loaded with LakeVü HD maps covering over 17,000 lakes, of which over 5,700 have 1-ft. contours shoreline to shoreline. Micro-SD slot for additional mapping. Includes transom and trolling-motor mounts.

==============

​One other thing about buying from Dick's:  Cabela 's is a major supporter of the NRA and I personally feel they are underhanded in how they solicit customer contributions for the NRA.  At the checkout counter Cabela's check-out people ask every customer if they would like to make a contribution "toward conservation."  They do not tell you, unless you specifically ask, that the NRA is one of those so-called "conservation" groups. Thirty-five years ago I was a member of the NRA, when the organization was primarily about promoting marksmanship and the safe enjoyment of the sport of shooting; if those goals, and a policy of integrity and candor were part of the organization in the 21st century, I'd currently be a member of the NRA, as I enjoy shooting.  However, nowadays, the NRA is the lobbying group for the firearms manufacturers who employ alarmist propaganda to try to promote gun sales - the only thing they "conserve" is the gun and ammo manufacturer's profits.  While it is possible that Dick's also contributes to the NRA, since they also sell firearms, they do not attempt to dupe customers into making such contributions without telling them that a portion of the contributions is going to a propaganda machine.  Of course, if you're drinking all the Kool-Aid that the NRA is spewing/serving (and there are certainly people on this board who believe the NRA's Goebbels-esque claim that they are the only thing standing between Americans' gun ownership and a Nazi Germany-style seizure of all private firearms, something as likely as the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy staging a successful coup attempt), then maybe you want to buy at Cabela 's after all.

Views
3 Comments
Add Comment
How do I price match and get the $20 off from Dicks?

Same as you would get a price match anywhere else - call Dick's at (877) 846-9997 and ask them to price match Cabela's (which they will do - Cabela's is a store on their price match list).  All I had to do was give the $179.99 price - I'm not even sure that the CSR looked it up at Cabelas.com to confirm it.  You'll have to order by phone, but they should automatically apply the $20 off discount.  Double check that the discount has been applied - even if their order system had not applied it automatically, the CSR with whom I talked stated he could apply it manually. 

Thanks!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017