Dynamic Audio Amplification for Clear & Realistic Sound
VLSC for Front Channels
DTS:X Ready and Dolby Atmos Support
HDMI 6 In / 1 Out
Powered Zone 2
4K UltraHD / HDR / HDCP 2.2

8 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Mar. 24, 2017 @ 11:43am
rated:
couldnt resist.
btw op thats 140wpc into 6 ohms and 80wpc into 8 ohms.  Seems onkyo has chosen to inflate  and mislead with 6 ohm ratings.  cutting corner to save a buck with smaller transformers.  though in this case most wont notice the difference.

rated:
excx said:   couldnt resist.
btw op thats 140wpc into 6 ohms and 80wpc into 8 ohms.  Seems onkyo has chosen to inflate  and mislead with 6 ohm ratings.  cutting corner to save a buck with smaller transformers.  though in this case most wont notice the difference.

THD is also different. 1% at 140w/ch, 6 ohms. 0.08% at 80W/ch 8 ohms.

It's an 80W/ch receiver by any reasonable measure. 
Still not bad. You'll never need more than 1W/ch of power anyway. Most speakers have approx 90-110 dB of sound output at 1 meter when driven by 1W. That's way too loud for anything other than a party in a very large room.

rated:
Compare between Onkyo and Yamaha receivers before purchasing. I find Yamaha receivers to sound better.

rated:
I owned a very expensive Onkyo 7.1 Receiver..it lasted two years...now its a door stop.
Onkyo is owned by Gibson Guitar....
I will never, every spend money on their components.Text

rated:
NOT true...the better speakers like my Martin Logan's require 100 watts per channel.

rated:
belgique said:   NOT true...the better speakers like my Martin Logan's require 100 watts per channel.
  Have you ever actually tried running the full 100W through them?

100W is the max input power spec. You don't NEED 100W to hear sound from them.

Even classical music speakers, which have a sensitivity rating around 80 dB, can easily be powered by a 50W/ch amp. Unless you intend to run an outdoor rock concert with them, of course, but that's not the purpose of those types of speakers! They're made for hi-fidelity listening, not blasting sound.

rated:
I have always had good service from Onkyo and was thinking about replacing my RC360 with this one since Bluetooth is built in but I also noticed the power ratings are a little lower (80w @8ohm) but I do agree 80w is plenty for majority of users.

We do use our zone 2 to send music outside to a large area so I could use a little more power but I'm talking about a large property, not a neighborhood. 80w would be plenty to annoy nearby neighbors. Great price, features and excellent sound available with a good speaker setup but I may wait for a deal on the 757 to get a little more power.

Also, there have been issues with Onkyo's control boards but they replaced many of those under warranty and updates have fixed others. The components used in these receivers are tough and ours has been used daily for the past 5 years. My older Onkyo's are still trucking along as well. Good choice if you want reasonable power, solid build and lots of great features.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   
belgique said:   NOT true...the better speakers like my Martin Logan's require 100 watts per channel.
  Have you ever actually tried running the full 100W through them?

100W is the max input power spec. You don't NEED 100W to hear sound from them.

If the full wattage was run I bet it wasn't for very long.....

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017