gotohouston

FreedomPop Global 3-In-1 SIM Kit + 1GB Bonus Data
$0.01
https://www.freedompop.com/offer/pennysimaffpromo 

time to say bye to ringplus

60 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Be sure to note, only the first month is free, and it begins on the day of ordering, NOT when you receive and activate.

rated:
Has anyone tried to use this FreedomPop SIM for an unlocked GSM tablet? I just need it for data.

rated:
ljderm said:   Be sure to note, only the first month is free, and it begins on the day of ordering, NOT when you receive and activate.
 Your statement is a little misleading.  You get 200mb of data free every month and another 500mb if you use freedom friends for 700mb total.  Freedom friends is easy to set up and doesn't require you to bother any of your actual friends. The text and voice minutes are also free every month. It's only the 2 free trials below that you must cancel to remain completely free. Be sure to cancel both.  Each is a separate independent package. One is located under the plans section and the other is part of the services section.  Turn off auto top up and make sure you don't exceed your data allotment.  I set my phone to stop data at around 650mb to be on the safe side. It's easy to do on Android.

• 1GB Global Unlimited Trial
  • FreedomPop Premium Plus Trial

rated:
docjoo said:   Has anyone tried to use this FreedomPop SIM for an unlocked GSM tablet? I just need it for data.
The SIMs are GSM so yeah it should work fine.  Just follow the instructions that come with the package.

rated:
Can we get the SIM and activate later or is there a requirement to have minimum usage to keep the account active?

rated:
finddeals2 said:   Can we get the SIM and activate later or is there a requirement to have minimum usage to keep the account active?
  It comes activated.  There does not appear to be any usage requirement as far as I can tell.  I had one laying around for a long time(months) before I used it and it worked.  Just make sure you cancel the extras I mentioned above so you don't get charged for them.

rated:
giqcass said:   
ljderm said:   Be sure to note, only the first month is free, and it begins on the day of ordering, NOT when you receive and activate.
 Your statement is a little misleading.  You get 200mb of data free every month and another 500mb if you use freedom friends for 700mb total.  Freedom friends is easy to set up and doesn't require you to bother any of your actual friends. The text and voice minutes are also free every month. It's only the 2 free trials below that you must cancel to remain completely free. Be sure to cancel both.  Each is a separate independent package. One is located under the plans section and the other is part of the services section.  Turn off auto top up and make sure you don't exceed your data allotment.  I set my phone to stop data at around 650mb to be on the safe side. It's easy to do on Android.

How to  Turn off auto top up? 
Anyone have direct links to cancel?  

rated:
needhelpplease said:   
giqcass said:   

You have to have a balance of at least $5 to turn off Auto Top Up.

rated:
hmm so that's the gotcha. 

rated:
FreedomPop is a Sprint MVNO, correct? Did it also partner with either ATT or T-Mobile for GSM SIM support? I am assuming that this SIM should work with Moto G4 that I am planning to use after R+ goes under next week. I also have Samsung S3. This was originally on Sprint postpaid. After 2 yrs of service, I activated it on R+ and it was working fine. Does anyone know if the Samsung S3 from Sprint (doesn't have external removal SIM card) will work on FreedomPop? Thx

rated:
i use to have a FreedomPop account, which i can still login. it somehow still have my old phone, which i no longer has.
can i use this old account with a new phone? if yes, how do i do that?

rated:
FatWKing said:   FreedomPop is a Sprint MVNO, correct? Did it also partner with either ATT or T-Mobile for GSM SIM support? I am assuming that this SIM should work with Moto G4 that I am planning to use after R+ goes under next week. I also have Samsung S3. This was originally on Sprint postpaid. After 2 yrs of service, I activated it on R+ and it was working fine. Does anyone know if the Samsung S3 from Sprint (doesn't have external removal SIM card) will work on FreedomPop? Thx
  I had this SIM. It seems to work on ATT network. But I could be wrong as I am using an ATT iphone 5s with this SIM. I did not try on a T-Mobile phone.

rated:
i have a Verizon/unlock iphonne 5s, currently on ringplus with a Sprint sim card. would it work on FreedomPop?

rated:
Does it work for all?

rated:
Calls are all VOIP, so the 200MB data includes voice calls.

rated:
javaman2003 said:   Calls are all VOIP, so the 200MB data includes voice calls.
  If you use the official FreedomPop app data used for Voice calls and txt use data but are not counted against your data allotment.  Don't forget to use freedom friends for an extra 500mb free each month.  If you use another app like sideline or hangouts to make calls that data will be counted.

rated:
They don't seem to accept the Debit cards that I get from rebates. I keep getting the error message "unable to authorize.... Please try another card."

Can anyone confirm?

rated:
confused200 said:   They don't seem to accept the Debit cards that I get from rebates. I keep getting the error message "unable to authorize.... Please try another card."

Can anyone confirm?

When I signed up last year, I was unable to use a rebate debit card for the purchase.  However, after the purchase, I was able to change the card in my FP account to the rebate debit card.  I later charged the $5 Top Up "disable" charge to the rebate debit card.

Recently, I bought the 4G LTE SIM and was able to purchase using a prepaid Vanilla Visa debit card. 

rated:
Will this work for a Sprint phone previously used on ringplus?

rated:
liljose13 said:   Will this work for a Sprint phone previously used on ringplus?
Yes but there is a $20 activation fee.

rated:
needhelpplease said:   hmm so that's the gotcha. 
But you can work around that by using a card with minimum balance on it.
I used a VISA Gift card which had 7 cents left on it.

rated:
needhelpplease said:   
giqcass said:   

This previous thread has that info and some more.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
confused200 said:   They don't seem to accept the Debit cards that I get from rebates. I keep getting the error message "unable to authorize.... Please try another card."

Can anyone confirm?

When I signed up last year, I was unable to use a rebate debit card for the purchase.  However, after the purchase, I was able to change the card in my FP account to the rebate debit card.  I later charged the $5 Top Up "disable" charge to the rebate debit card.

Recently, I bought the 4G LTE SIM and was able to purchase using a prepaid Vanilla Visa debit card. 

After the purchase using my CC I tried to change the payment method to a prepaid card but got this:
FP said: Prepaid cards can not be used. Please try using an alternative credit or debit card to complete this payment method update.
I am just going to cancel that CC to avoid any future charges (I was going to cancel it anyway)

rated:
marcopolomle said:   I am just going to cancel that CC to avoid any future charges (I was going to cancel it anyway)

I tried paying for the one cent with a BofA credit card Shopsafe number with a $1 limit and the FP system rejected it

Tried again with a $3 limit and it went thru   

rated:
Onenote said:   I tried paying for the one cent with a BofA credit card Shopsafe number with a $1 limit and the FP system rejected it

Tried again with a $3 limit and it went thru   
Some CCs attempt to authorize more than the actual charge. I've had AMEX charges for $0.89 but the pending charge was $1.89. YMMV.

What was the pending charge amount on your BofA card?

rated:
How do you use Freedom friends?.. do we really have to bother our real friends?..I am trying to increase my data to 700MB. But unaware how. Can anyone here help pls?.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   

Can anyone confirm?

After the purchase using my CC I tried to change the payment method to a prepaid card but got this:
FP said: Prepaid cards can not be used. Please try using an alternative credit or debit card to complete this payment method update.
I am just going to cancel that CC to avoid any future charges (I was going to cancel it anyway)

I am curious.  Is there a way to identify Debit cards from the numbers?

rated:
confused200 said:   

I am curious.  Is there a way to identify Debit cards from the numbers?

Here you go 

​Card Checker tool

rated:
blogpie said:   How do you use Freedom friends?.. do we really have to bother our real friends?..I am trying to increase my data to 700MB. But unaware how. Can anyone here help pls?.
 You don't need to bother you "real" friends. Just find a list of people that are also looking for "freedom friends".  Request those people and when they accept you get 50mb per person.  You don't need to do it every month.  It's a one time thing and they just keep giving you the extra data each month.  I add more the ten in case people don't accept or in case people delete their accounts.  There isn't a limit to how many people you can add but there is a limit of 500mb free per month.

I won't link specifically to a list but Google is your friend.  Use the link below to find a list. HINT: SD has a list.
https://www.google.com/search?q=freedomfriends&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=freedom+friends+list 

Once you find a list log in to FreedomPop and navigate to this url. Or click "Earn Free" >> "Freedom Friends"
https://www.freedompop.com/earnfree_friends.htm 

Toward the bottom of the page you will see "Invite by Email Address " Click it and paste email addresses you got from the list you found using the Google link I posted above.  Sometimes copy and paste has issues when you do a bunch at once so you might need to remove extra commas, spaces, and line breaks.  You don't have to use the whole list. 15 or 20 should do it.

We should really just start a freedom friends list here on Fatwallet.  I like to check the list of people that requested me as a freedom friend from time to time. Link below.
https://www.freedompop.com/earnfree_friends.htm?tab=requestsTab
We should really just start a freedom friends list here on Fatwallet.

If at any time you reach the end of a month with extra data you can play Santa Claus by giving away extra data to your Friends.  Sometimes you also get free data gifted to you from others.

rated:

rated:
Would the SIM kit work on 3G phone - unlocked Microsoft Lumia 640 (AT&T)?

rated:
confused200 said:   Would the SIM kit work on 3G phone - unlocked Microsoft Lumia 640 (AT&T)?
  Should be no problem at all as long as you can get to APN settings.
FreedomPop said: Name: FreedomPop
APN: FreedomPop. foggmobile.com
Username: None*
Password: None*
*For username and password, leave these options blank.

Turn data roaming to ON.

EDIT: As pointed out by firaz there is not a FreedomPop app for Windows phones so it would work as a data only device. In order to make calls and texts you would need to find an alternative app.

rated:
I tried the sim on a Verizon branded HTC 8x (Windows Phone) and data worked fine with APN setting and roaming, voice and text is another story since I don't think there is an app for that on windows store. Was not able to try tethering on that phone because that was locked down, but it works on another unlocked phone.

rated:
firaz said:   I tried the sim on a Verizon branded HTC 8x (Windows Phone) and data worked fine with APN setting and roaming, voice and text is another story since I don't think there is an app for that on windows store. Was not able to try tethering on that phone because that was locked down, but it works on another unlocked phone.
  Good point. I didn't think about the lack of Microsoft support when I answered the question above.  Data should work fine but FreedomPop Voice and txt require an app.  There may be other apps you can use instead.  Using VOIP you can definitely get voice working.  I don't know about text however.  There is an alpha version of Hangouts but I don't know much about it's compatibility with the Windows phones.

rated:
giqcass said:   
blogpie said:   How do you use Freedom friends?.. do we really have to bother our real friends?..I am trying to increase my data to 700MB. But unaware how. Can anyone here help pls?.

We should really just start a freedom friends list here on Fatwallet.  I like to check the list of people that requested me as a freedom friend from time to time. Link below.

Hey mods, can we do this?

rated:
giqcass- =13px =13pxThanks for the awesome info my friend.

I saw the list yesterday in google but believed that the others have to sign up for the service and they had to be in my address book to invite. you clarified both. thanks a ton. I agree that we have to start a list.  I will signup when its ready. 

rated:
Redbeard25 said:   
giqcass said:   

Hey mods, can we do this?

I got permission from the mods to set this up in Deal Discussion.

Everyone go here and add your email addresses and let's get FW friendly!

rated:
Are calls to other FreedomPop users free (not deducted from your monthly minutes limit)? 

For example, on the Basic plan a customer gets 200 minutes of talk time per month. Would a 20 minute call to another FreedomPop number bring my remaining call minutes balance down to 180 or would it stay at 200?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017