posted 2 months ago by
f2000sa
Ancient Member

Ting may be good for someone who has several lines.  Each line has $6 monthly fee and share usage. 

RingPlus customers: A lifeline from Ting 

I chatted with CS, and was told that the credit is per account, Not per line.  However,  you can create multiple accounts to get the credit, However, you can not pool usage with multiple accounts.   you can ask them to merge the accounts once the credits have been used up.   Hope they can change the policy to make it easier. 

224 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Is ting any good? seems like a no brainer if you want to keep your number

rated:
Ting also will allow you to port w/o changing out your current phone on R+. More work for them to do so but only they and Tello do that. Of course that means you are stuck with Sprint but don't need another phone.

rated:
Ting is another Sprint MVNO, and has been in business for five years. It is working with Sprint to make the porting easier. If you use Sprint phones with Ring+, you should have no problem porting in.

rated:
We'll see how this works out. I am a VERY low usage person and get my calls/sms with hangouts. That means I need not pay for minutes or txt separately. In addition I use Facebook lite and messenger lite. Those must be side loaded to be used in the US. They use less data and are less resource hungry.

Timeline: 02/06/17 3:50pm initiated porting process.
Timeline: 02/07/17 2:14am porting complete.

1) Use link above to start porting process. Ting says it applied a $35 credit.
------ To find the information I needed to give Ting to start the port I went to ringplus.
------ I clicked on the phone I wanted to port.
------ I clicked on "Port in/Out" under the heading "Account Features"
------ Top right on the next page I clicked "Port out information"
2) Wait till port completes.
3) Reset Network Settings
4) Network Activation

EDIT: Unnecessary steps
On Ting swap MotoX for Verizon Zone 3: Yes that worked! Ting put it on their GSM network. I'm a little confused but luckily I keep extra SIMs laying around and one was a Ting GSM SIM. I did not think the Zone 3 was capable of GSM but what in the heck do I know? Took a couple hours for the switch but it works!

Delete Motox from Ting account.
Activate for free on FreedomPop. ???? FreedomPop did not ask for ICCID. Confused again. No 4G so I'll have to work that out with them.
https://www.freedompop.com/byodpromo5 

Now go to bed!

EDIT: I got FreedomPop to work correctly without customer assistance. All that was required was a profile update and a PRL update. They must grab the ICCID automatically.

rated:
I am having a sense of deja vu

Things are moving the same way as they were when PTel went out of business and we got many offers from Ting, Ultramobile etc etc.

rated:
Everyone should https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/11458/attention-regarding-port-outs before they decide on porting anywhere.
R+ said: IMPORTANT NOTICE

ABOUT YOUR SERVICE

Dear Members,

RingPlus is currently in discussions with other MVNOs (wireless carriers) that are ready to take over your service on their plans. Your Top Up balance will be credited by the other MVNO as a courtesy. Additional benefits will likely be available. If you port out now, you will lose your top up balance. You will be informed on how the switch will be completed as well as the information about the carrier later today. If you are interested in participating in the process, please do not initiate a port at this time. RingPlus and the other MVNO will work out a transition process, and infom you of the details very soon. (Unfortuantely, I you have already initiated or completed a port out, you will not be able to participate in this process.)

Best regards,
RingPlus

rated:
ernie334 said:   Is ting any good? seems like a no brainer if you want to keep your number
  Ting has great customer service but you might want to wait before porting as per my post above.

rated:
R+ is not going away. The judge will keep R+ around for at least another 6 month. Ting knows this that is why they run the promo until 2/11. Long live R+.

rated:
fatxman said:   R+ is not going away. The judge will keep R+ around for at least another 6 month. Ting knows this that is why they run the promo until 2/11. Long live R+.
First stage is denial.

rated:
Denial ain't just a river In Egypt.

rated:
Any particular reason to choose Ting over Tello or vice versa? I'm inclined to port my most important number to Ting, then consolidate my other lines with the same account so they can share the minutes/texts/data pool (which will be small). With Tello it looks like I would need to create an account for each phone.

rated:
fatxman said:   R+ is not going away. The judge will keep R+ around for at least another 6 month. Ting knows this that is why they run the promo until 2/11. Long live R+.
For those of you experienced enough to remember Flip Wilson, "here comes de judge."

I'm a believer.

I'm sticking it out until R+ carcass starts to stink.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
First stage is denial.

Stage 4: Queso!

rated:
DragonOnTheEdge said:   
marcopolomle said:   
First stage is denial.

Stage 4: Queso!

¿Que?

rated:
Isn't tello.com less?

rated:
As a current R+ user and former Ting user, I can say Ting customer service is A+, second to none. You call, and a real person picks up the phone within like 3 rings. It's spooky.

That said, their pricing can be high beyond minimal usage. And honestly I always had stress over bumping up into the next usage bracket, it made me monitor my usage way too much.

The free $35 can get you a few months free to try them out though.

rated:
I feel ting is a better options for my three lines. With my combined monthly usage, I paid like about $18 per line. But with Tello, I am paying more than $20 per line. I was told by their csr that uses can set limit on voice/text/data. I have not ported out yet so I don't know whether that's true or not.

rated:
With the port in credit and credit for my Bbq brisket I'm getting $70 to use there, and $5 for 6 months. So I can't complain.
OOps..maybe I read it wrong.  It must be $35 credit/$5 applied for 7 months after that for a $70 Ring+ balance

rated:
IMPORTANT NOTICE

ABOUT YOUR SERVICE
Dear Members,

We have some good news for you. RingPlus has reached an agreement in principal with its carrier partner to allow us time to migrate you all to Ting during the next 1-2 weeks (we will let you know the exact dates soon).

Ting is welcoming all RingPlus Members. Ting will honor all Members' current RingPlus Top Up balances with a credit toward Ting service.

Each member will start with a $35 credit, regardless of whether they have any RingPlus Top Up balance!

Those members who have a RingPlus Top Up balance higher than $35 will get the first $35 applied in full. Afterwards, the remaining Top Up balance (over $35) will be disbursed in $5 credit increments each month until the Top Up is exhausted.

After the move to Ting, Members will not have active service until Ting has collected a credit card from the Member and the Member has agreed to Ting’s terms of service online.

We are welcoming Ting moderators to RingPlus Social to comment on this thread. Ting moderators will be identified with a Verified Shield, and the name “Ting” at the end of the username.

Ting will also honor this deal for Members that have already switched to Ting. But please be advised that port outs prior to the migration could be slow.

For ongoing updates on the current and upcoming Ting processes go to ringtoting.com.

Best regards,
RingPlus

rated:
For really low-usage users I think Tello is the better deal. The problem is the $35 credit. My mother-in-law just added $25 to Ring+ last month. Moving her phone over to Ting would give her two months of use for free, but then I would need to port it over to Tello afterwards as their PAYGO rate is a better deal for her usage. I wonder if this deal will eliminate any chargeback claims?

rated:
Time for all the UNFAIR YOU MUST ATONE hate arrows to be fired at ting.

Users with a $1.00 balance are getting a $35 credit, but those with a $36 balance are only getting $36. Where is the JUSTICE??!?

rated:
AlwaysWrite said:   As a current R+ user and former Ting user, I can say Ting customer service is A+, second to none. You call, and a real person picks up the phone within like 3 rings. It's spooky.
That said, their pricing can be high beyond minimal usage. And honestly I always had stress over bumping up into the next usage bracket, it made me monitor my usage way too much. The free $35 can get you a few months free to try them out though.

I have 3 lines and I can use the same R+ phones + port my number for FREE + get $35 Credit for each line.
From https://ting.com/rates: says $18 for 3 lines with 500/1K/500 Talk/Text/Data + Surcharges per month.
My question: I will pay $18+tax and all 3 line will have limit of 500/1K/500 per month. Correct? If yes, not to shabby.

rated:
zmaster said:   
AlwaysWrite said:   As a current R+ user and former Ting user, I can say Ting customer service is A+, second to none. You call, and a real person picks up the phone within like 3 rings. It's spooky.
That said, their pricing can be high beyond minimal usage. And honestly I always had stress over bumping up into the next usage bracket, it made me monitor my usage way too much. The free $35 can get you a few months free to try them out though.

I have 3 lines and I can use the same R+ phones + port my number for FREE + get $35 Credit for each line.
From https://ting.com/rates: says $18 for 3 lines with 500/1K/500 Talk/Text/Data + Surcharges per month.
My question: I will pay $18+tax and all 3 line will have limit of 500/1K/500 per month. Correct? If yes, not to shabby.

I am confused. If i have only one line $6 with Ting i get $0 (no usage). What does it mean? what do i get???  

rated:
Instead of losing my balance, I would like to make some international calls. Others might want to do the same.
Just make sure not to trigger auto top-up.

Can anyone explain how to make such calls?
And where to find the rate list?

Thanks!

rated:
knickdigger said:   Time for all the UNFAIR YOU MUST ATONE hate arrows to be fired at ting.

Users with a $1.00 balance are getting a $35 credit, but those with a $36 balance are only getting $36. Where is the JUSTICE??!?

This is basically the same deal Ting was offering before R+ struck the so called deal with them.
Regarding Justice.....you might want to ask Trump.

rated:
ocean935 said:   Instead of losing my balance, I would like to make some international calls. Others might want to do the same.
Just make sure not to trigger auto top-up.

Can anyone explain how to make such calls?
And where to find the rate list?

Thanks!

I don't think you can make any international calls.
 but I have changed my credit cards to a prepaid card with a 4 cent balance on all my accounts.

rated:
You can't compare the balance-holders like this. EVERYBODY is getting a great deal out of an expected total-loss. The low-balance holders are just getting a better deal, is all.

rated:
ocean935 said:   You can't compare the balance-holders like this. EVERYBODY is getting a great deal out of an expected total-loss. The low-balance holders are just getting a better deal, is all.
Everybody was getting the deal even before R+ struck the so called deal with ting.
It just looks like a better deal now since people think that their balances are getting rolled over to ting. 
Just a matter of perception and human psychology.

rated:
Having roaming included for t&t is pretty kewl
So it looks like my $69.70 will buy me 7 months of 100 minutes of talk.  Probably 6 months with tax
It beats porting the number to Tracfone and getting zilch. 

rated:
Marcopolo: "This is basically the same deal Ting was offering before R+ struck the so called deal with them."

Yup. The only 'upside' is the process will be sort of streamlined.

Ocean935, if EVERYBODY was getting a great deal, they would've already joined ting years ago. $6/mo for a 0/0/0 phone line is ridiculous.

rated:
You didn't even need to visit FW or SD to find the 35 offer. If you hit ting.com for any reason, like an ESN check, they threw popups at you, asking if you're coming from r+.

rated:
knickdigger said:    $6/mo for a 0/0/0 phone line is ridiculous.
Now compare that with Tello and you'll realize that IT IS the best deal in town.
You'll get 100 min and unlimited texts for the same amount of money with Tello.

rated:

That said, their pricing can be high beyond minimal usage. And honestly I always had stress over bumping up into the next usage bracket, it made me monitor my usage way too much.

The free $35 can get you a few months free to try them out though.

And you can then port out to Tello if Ting is not for you.

rated:
knickdigger said:   Marcopolo: "This is basically the same deal Ting was offering before R+ struck the so called deal with them."

Yup. The only 'upside' is the process will be sort of streamlined.

Ocean935, if EVERYBODY was getting a great deal, they would've already joined ting years ago. $6/mo for a 0/0/0 phone line is ridiculous.

Everybody is getting a great deal in the sense that we had given up our balances for lost, and had resigned to the inevitable.
This is like found money.
Heck, if I received a 12-pk of Coke in lieu of my balance, I would be happy. Something out of nothing, and all that.
This is way better.

rated:
knickdigger said:   Time for all the UNFAIR YOU MUST ATONE hate arrows to be fired at ting.

It's called wealth distribution, similar to some healthcare.

rated:
deleted!

rated:
The uNFAIR cries are already brewing, from all sides. A ting user asked the ting mod - on r+ social - to PLEASE assure that those lowly r+ worms will have to pay the 6/mo line fees like everyone else, and get NO discounts! Lollers! A preemptive strike!

I think I've figured out my strategy. Let my remaining lines transfer to ting, then immediately switch ESN to flip phones (impossible right now at r+), then hope the fpop offer is still alive for my 'good' phones. Then whatever happens with the flips, happens.

rated:
knickdigger said:   The uNFAIR cries are already brewing, from all sides. A ting user asked the ting mod - on r+ social - to PLEASE assure that those lowly r+ worms will have to pay the 6/mo line fees like everyone else, and get NO discounts! Lollers! A preemptive strike!

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/142082/#Comment_1...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017