posted 48 years ago by
therugsucker
Broke Member

Received the sales magazine today from Dell for their President's Day sale.  The doorbuster deal is this Inspiron 11 3000 for $129 starts on Feb.9 at 11 am ET.

Dell.com/earlyaccess

Views
21 Comments
Add Comment
IntelŽ CeleronŽ Processor N3060 (2M Cache, up to 2.48 GHz)
Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, English
2GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz
32GB eMMC
IntelŽ HD Graphics
11.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

was it $99 on BF2016?

Anyone have or recommend this? PLMK, thanks!

I investigated further. This laptop was $99 on Black Friday, in case anyone wants to compare the deal

Y3ll0wSlack3r said:   I investigated further. This laptop was $99 on Black Friday, in case anyone wants to compare the deal
  And when I started driving gas was 59 cents a gallon.

therugsucker said:   
Y3ll0wSlack3r said:   I investigated further. This laptop was $99 on Black Friday, in case anyone wants to compare the deal

25 cents a gallon when I started driving.  Cigarettes same price for a pack.

The point about BF is valid.
PC's go DOWN in price over time, not up, the way gas (and most other commodities) do.

You really shouldn't have to pay much more than the BF price at this point in time. Probably good to look around and see what comparable laptops are selling for, before plunking down cash.

Obviously the specs are junk, but is there a better machine for under $150 -- that's the question?

canoeguy1 said:   The point about BF is valid.
PC's go DOWN in price over time, not up, the way gas (and most other commodities) do.

You really shouldn't have to pay much more than the BF price at this point in time. Probably good to look around and see what comparable laptops are selling for, before plunking down cash.

Just because a deal is not as good as BF doesn't mean it's not a good deal.

i bought this computer on BF for $99.00. the computer is good enough for surging and light work, it loads fast enough, but isn't ideal for hard labor, Photoshop, etc. It is very light, and yes, for the price, it was worth buying it as a spare laptop.

psxzombie said:   IntelŽ CeleronŽ Processor N3060 (2M Cache, up to 2.48 GHz)
Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, English
2GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz
32GB eMMC
IntelŽ HD Graphics
11.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

My son has this machine.  It's good enough for him to do homework, email, music and light video viewing.  The specs are basically tablet like in a laptop form.  After deleting and reinstalling windows 10 (minus unnecessary stuff) and adding Office 365 there was only about 8GB of storage space left.  I added a SanDisk ultra fit usb to give him added storage for his movies and music.  For his purpose the machine is fine.  I got it before Xmas at BestBuy for $119 and it included the Office 365 for 1 year.  My 2 cents

dafish said:   
therugsucker said:   

25 cents a gallon when I started driving.  Cigarettes same price for a pack.

Careful, pal, we're giving away our age.

At this price point and size it competes well with larger tablets. Students and people on the go will want this over a tablet since it can perform light productivity task and has a keyboard ,and the much ballyhoo HDMI connector. (is ballyhoo the right word? forgive me if it's not)

therugsucker said:   At this price point and size it competes well with larger tablets. Students and people on the go will want this over a tablet since it can perform light productivity task and has a keyboard ,and the much ballyhoo HDMI connector. (is ballyhoo the right word? forgive me if it's not)
  It is harder to find a lightweight, new $150/less laptop nowadays. Not too long ago, one could easily find a Chromebook in that price range, but their popularity has seemingly made their prices soar.

In its stock config, this laptop is pretty slow.. However, the beauty of this model is that it is upgradeable (I think).

I bought a variant of this last year from Amazon for right around 200. For around 90 bucks, I was able to upgrade it to 8 GB RAM and a 240 GB SSD. Got a pretty acceptable laptop for under 300.

Now this particular variant might not be upgradeable, but if it is then this is a good deal.

Edit: this is not the same one I bought last year. I thought this was the 2 in 1 touch screen version. It is not. Please disregard my above comments.

therugsucker said:   At this price point and size it competes well with larger tablets. Students and people on the go will want this over a tablet since it can perform light productivity task and has a keyboard ,and the much ballyhoo HDMI connector. (is ballyhoo the right word? forgive me if it's not)
The word is fine. The proper form here would be ballyhooed.

peterl1365 said:   In its stock config, this laptop is pretty slow.. However, the beauty of this model is that it is upgradeable (I think).

I bought a variant of this last year from Amazon for right around 200. For around 90 bucks, I was able to upgrade it to 8 GB RAM and a 240 GB SSD. Got a pretty acceptable laptop for under 300.

Now this particular variant might not be upgradeable, but if it is then this is a good deal.

Edit: this is not the same one I bought last year. I thought this was the 2 in 1 touch screen version. It is not. Please disregard my above comments.

Editing also allows you to delete...

I'm a Chromebooker but this looks like a decent cheap Windows machine to keep around. I picked up something similar (Asus X205) a few years ago for that rare occasion when I just gotta use Windows. I turned off updates and didn't add any virus protection so it's still fairly quick and should last a long time since it's only used about 4 times a year.

Give it a few more uses every year to keep it operational.

BF is BF, nothing will come close to those deals. It's $30 more now, not a big price jump for a lightweight laptop from Dell.
Still a good deal imo.

gone.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017