posted 48 years ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 8K

Posted with ToGo

Acronis True Image 2016
Free AR + $2.99 Ship
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832200102

Back up your entire computer including the operating system, applications, preferences, history, and all data
Restore your entire computer to its exact previous state or just restore selected files and folders
Move your entire computer to new hardware
Optimized for Windows 10 and the latest OS X versions
Keep multiple versions of your computer backups so you can recover to a previous state ports the most recent Microsoft and Apple operating systems and is compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10

Views
22 Comments
Add Comment
This rebate dates back to January 28, so make sure you have not done it previously. There have been several Acronis deals recently.

Starts: 01 / 28 / 2017
Expires:02 / 19 / 2017

Has anyone used this software? Would you recommend it? Thanks

If I done it previously, can I rebate again?

I have the 2015 version and it worked a couple of times but you are supposed to be able to backup a rotational drive and restore to a SSD and it would change settings so it would take advantage of the SSD; could never get it to work.

For the price I would buy it, heck if you used it once it would be worth it.

thanks op. first done!

docjoo said:   Has anyone used this software? Would you recommend it? Thanks
  I had the 2015 version, it worked ok for a Win7 SSD setup but it didn't support Win10 with NVMe and cost me a lot of time finding that out.  I wouldn't use it again for essentially free after rebate since I converted to the excellent Macrium Reflect which is free for personal use.

great price

Worthless software and a rebate you will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER receive

Junk software
Terrible company that makes it
and
Scammers with their rebates!

I can't use this software, you can't find useful things from it.

Very clunky software. I ended up uninstalling it and throwing it out. Among other gripes, if you rebooted your computer while it was running a backup, it offered no option to cancel the backup process, nor would it warn you that it was in the middle of backing up. You'd find out the hard way because instead of rebooting it would shut down Windows and then give you a "please wait" message for HOURS while it finished backing up before it restarted. The software had numerous quirks like this one - enough that I felt it was poorly engineered and did not feel confident trusting it for my backups. To be fair this was a generation ago so I couldn't say if they improved it recently.

I'm somewhat of a computer geek.  I've used many, many different imaging software alternatives.  Acronis worked just fine when I used it a few years ago.  Not sure what these other posters are implying when they indicate it is useless software.  I successfully used it to create several disk images both through the Windows environment and also using the Acronis Boot Disk booting into a PE environment...

I've never submitted an Acronis rebate, but my experience with rebates (over 100 of them) is that if you keep copies of your submission you will ultimately receive your rebate.

With all of that said, I've since switched to Macrium Reflect as it's free and does everything I need it to do.

I ordered it last week during the rebate period. It works fine for me on Windows 10. So did the 2013 version which I replaced with this one.

Per the rebate, Newegg's rebate status page is very nice. It indicates they have already received my request. And as a bonus , I can look at their scan of my paperwork and envelope.

I have not used this software since last 2-3 years. But when I was using this one, I loved it. This software made life easy by easily cloning one disk to another.

I used it to clone a laptop hard-drive to an SSD drive. Very straightforward simple process.

With that being said, I would agree that I've had issues with Newegg Rebates that utilize a fulfillment company out of Arizona. I can't remember the name, but they are shysters and will use excuse after excuse until you simply give up!

I have 2013, and have used it to back up / clone / restore many drives. It is kludgy sometimes, unless you copy direct disc to disc.

I would ask those that say it is worthless to recommend a better alternative.

I've heard there are free solutions.

I do use manufacturers solutions to copy to a new HDD or SSD when buying one, but that means having the right brand/software combo.

ChinaRider said:   With all of that said, I've since switched to Macrium Reflect as it's free and does everything I need it to do.

Does Acronis or Macrium try to install crapware and junk browser toolbars along with their software during installation?  

Onenote said:   Does Acronis or Macrium try to install crapware and junk browser toolbars along with their software during installation?  

The full product of Acronis? No. If you use the Trial Version, Yes.
I jumped at this when it was offered as essentially the same package but with Disk Director 12 included. Since they both ship as DVD/CD, I read that you could download the Trial and install/activate with the key. The Trial Version (web installer) of Acronis wanted to install two other items on the "agreement" page. I forget what the first was, but the second was Chrome and then reset your default homepage. It was rather devious because you had to select "details" to view the deselect options.

As for Acronis, I've been using it for cloning/backup/recovery since the days of Partition Magic. I haven't had any notable issues. There are other products out there, many are free - use what works for you. Macrium may work for you or if you're a Linux junkie, DD may be your choice. This just happens to be a pretty straightforward product for migrations/point in time whole disk/partition recovery.
Another note I seem to recall is that Acronis has an issue with BitLocker encrypted drives... but then again, almost all of them should as well.

If you purchase this software, get your free upgrade to the 2017 version here: http://www.acronis.com/en-us/homecomputing/trueimage/free-upgrad...

I got mine already.

I used to recommend Acrönis, but that was back in the version 8 days (which are now about 10 years behind us).  I can not recommend any Acrönis product after version 8, having been done over by it several times.

Don't get me wrong, it's great if you want to make backups - but it's not worth the nitro to blow it to hell if you actually need to use those backups later on.

Macrium Reflect is equally good and in my opinion much better, because it works.  Problems are fixed quicker and the free version does everything a home user could reasonably ask for.

Ive used lots of these they all have better features than others , now I started using " veeam free " so far it so very simple and easy to use but yet so powerful.

I am trying to submit my rebate form at https://newegg.4myrebate.com/Claim/Registration I fill out all the info and then click save and continue. The page goes to https://newegg.4myrebate.com/Claim/RebateClaimant and then it just hangs. No info is displayed. Has anyone experienced this?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017