posted 2 months ago by
woodsnake

They just posted it Breaking news: RingPlus customers get 50% OFF when they switch to Tello! Your wish is our command! You asked for a greater discount and here it is: 50% OFF when you join Tello. Switch to Tello and use coupon code RINGPLUS50 when you place your order. The discount applies to any phone plan, for the first month and is valid until February 13.And it gets even better“What’s better than a 50% discount?”, you’d probably say. The easy porting process, the no contract and no fees whatsoever policy, the flexibility to Build Your Own Plan. Just take a look: How to port fromRingPlus to Tello, hassle freeYou already made the right decision by switching to Tello, and just like everything else here, porting is easy.You don’t have to close your account at RingPlus in order to join Tello, but you need the porting out details:

• Click the phone number you want to port out, then Manage Device
    • Your PIN will be the 5 or 6 digit number listed as MSL

Once you’ve got your RingPlus account number, password, name & address (as they are listed on the phone bill), you’re ready to start. The great thing about this? Tello has no porting fee, so no worries here.

• Create an account on tello.com
    • Go to Bring your own phone section and enter your ESN/IMEI/MEID.
    • If your phone uses a CDMA SIM, the one from RingPlus works on Tello too, just enter the SIM number and click ‘Check’.

• Last porting step: enter your phone number.

If you don’t want to keep you old RingPlus number, you can just get a new one from Tello, and that will go smoother. The porting in process usually takes about 2 business days, but due to the high volume of port in requests, it may take longer than usual. Please be patient, we are working on making the process as fast as possible. In case you have any question, our Customer Support Team is ready to help you, 24/7. Glad to have you on boardFinally, you get to the fun part: choosing a phone plan tailored to your needs! Build your own plan by adding minutes, texts & unlimited data, nothing is pre-defined and there are no contracts! Hello, pure freedom & flexibility!!!We stand by our word: no fees whatsoever, no even when upgrading or downgrading your plans! The amounts you may see extra on our invoice are state taxes that apply to every product; they have nothing to do with service, maintenance or any other fee other carriers may charge and have nothing to do with Tello.Here is our pledge to you: we are here to stay and promise not to let you down! And we’re keeping pour promise, but don’t take our word for it, see what our customers think about us. 
http://blog.tello.com/news/breaking-news-ringplus-customers-get-...

120 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
So it's only half price for the first month?

rated:
So Tello is similar to Ting - there is a monthly charge no matter if you use the phone or don't use the phone?

rated:
Tello 50% discount, or Ting $35 credit + transfer of R+ top-up balance. Hmm...

rated:
shampooguy said:   So Tello is similar to Ting - there is a monthly charge no matter if you use the phone or don't use the phone?
With Tello you can opt for the prepaid option instead of a monthly plan and all you have to do is to make one call every 6 months to keep it alive.

rated:
What Tello offers(as does Ting) is that when you port to Tello you keep your same phone that you have on R+. It's extra work for most MVNOs so they don't offer to do this but Tello (and Ting) do.

rated:
lowspeed said:   So it's only half price for the first month?
  Yes

rated:
MetroPCS is the best

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
shampooguy said:   So Tello is similar to Ting - there is a monthly charge no matter if you use the phone or don't use the phone?
With Tello you can opt for the prepaid option instead of a monthly plan and all you have to do is to make one call every 6 months to keep it alive.

Ok, I see it on their website 'Pay as you go' - thanks

rated:
soulzeng said:   MetroPCS is the best
  For you. Different strokes for different folks. MetroPCS via T-Mobile has spotty coverage where I live.

rated:
shampooguy said:   
marcopolomle said:   

Tellos pay-as-you-go seems the best option for an emergency phone, I asked some info on those plans to clarify what's included. On the $5 plan, they replied with:

"The 166 minutes, 500 text, 250 data are not all included for $5. It will be $5 each service (166 minutes, 500 text, 250 data). 

If not used for 6 months, the credit will expire and the Tello service will be disconnected. Otherwise, the balance and your number have unlimited validity as long as you call, text or surf the web.

You can make a few calls or send some text messages every few months and that is considered service activity and it will not be disconnected."

Still not clear to me if you are choosing one of the 3, so they should be listed as "or", for example. 166 min or ....500 text. Almost as confusing as R+. 

rated:
mathfaster said:   What Tello offers(as does Ting) is that when you port to Tello you keep your same phone that you have on R+. It's extra work for most MVNOs so they don't offer to do this but Tello (and Ting) do.
you mean i can use the same R+ phone to activate and port into Tello without needing to swap with a spare phone to free up the phone (like with FreedomPop) ?

rated:
lernim said:   
shampooguy said:   
marcopolomle said:   

Tellos pay-as-you-go seems the best option for an emergency phone, I asked some info on those plans to clarify what's included. On the $5 plan, they replied with:

"The 166 minutes, 500 text, 250 data are not all included for $5. It will be $5 each service (166 minutes, 500 text, 250 data). 

If not used for 6 months, the credit will expire and the Tello service will be disconnected. Otherwise, the balance and your number have unlimited validity as long as you call, text or surf the web.

You can make a few calls or send some text messages every few months and that is considered service activity and it will not be disconnected."

Still not clear to me if you are choosing one of the 3, so they should be listed as "or", for example. 166 min or ....500 text. Almost as confusing as R+. 

Tello works like this
Give them a $5 deposit in your account
​the minutes or txts or data comes off this deposit at their listed prices 1 cent 2 cents and 3 cents
you only pay for what you use,
​as long as you use even 1 cent every 6 months, you stay active
​No need to choose anything

rated:
I've been waiting since last Friday for my port to complete so they are bogged down.

rated:
what do you do if you want to switch service to Tello, but have started the porting of # to Google Voice and the process is hung (started the process on Sat and still waiting). Can you transfer the service to Tello from Ringplus?

rated:
peas said:   Tello 50% discount, or Ting $35 credit + transfer of R+ top-up balance. Hmm...
  Avoid all of these crappy so called phone companies, even for an emergency/2nd phone.  
It's probably some smart ass running them from their apartment!

Edit: Correction, not from an apartment, It's a shop next to a UPS store in a shopping center 
Put their address 4780 Ashford Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta, GA, 30338 in Google and see.

rated:
It's the current year. A Mobile VIRTUAL Network Operator (with low rates) doesn't need to waste needless cash on office space, furniture, air conditioning and coffee cups. They can have all their staff work remotely.

rated:
OP: Please change title to read "RingPlus customers get 50% OFF First Month when they switch to Tello!"

rated:
knickdigger: I agree, I'm surprised Tello's address isn't a box in the UPS Store!

=aw

rated:
dabir said:   
peas said:   Tello 50% discount, or Ting $35 credit + transfer of R+ top-up balance. Hmm...
  Avoid all of these crappy so called phone companies, even for an emergency/2nd phone.  
It's probably some smart ass running them from their apartment!

Edit: Correction, not from an apartment, It's a shop next to a UPS store in a shopping center 
Put their address 4780 Ashford Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta, GA, 30338 in Google and see.

No wonder r+ was the cheapest, they need to downgrade from a shop to a garage/apartment so I can get a better rate.

R+ was better than I expected considering their crazy plans. Many speculated their business model would drive them out of business, but they got are getting kicked off the network instead. Though these other mvno's are more expensive but this helps them stay around longer.

The best rate yet though is Google voice, free! But needs wifi.  

rated:
Yes, a great deal. I jumped in for the 30% deal for the first month, but still, don't regret the move to Tello. I ported 3 lines, my first 2 are still in process, the most recent request has actually already been approved. Not sure the reason it jumped the others, but I'm sure the other 2 will come over soon enough.

rated:
fattie123 said:   
mathfaster said:   What Tello offers(as does Ting) is that when you port to Tello you keep your same phone that you have on R+. It's extra work for most MVNOs so they don't offer to do this but Tello (and Ting) do.
you mean i can use the same R+ phone to activate and port into Tello without needing to swap with a spare phone to free up the phone (like with FreedomPop ) ?

Yes, only with Tello or Ting. That's why they're asking for your ESN/IMEI of your phone on R+.

rated:
Can you use coupon code RINGPLUS50 for Tello Pay As Go deposit? It will save a lot if it can be used.

rated:
I know the 50% off is first month only.

Anyone know if 30% off is first month or every month?

Tello Mobile 5% off your pay as you go plan CL6TMP
Tello Mobile 30% off your monthly plan C64FP5

rated:
zubrin said:   Can you use coupon code RINGPLUS50 for Tello Pay As Go deposit? It will save a lot if it can be used.
Interesting ......let us know if it works out.

rated:
zmaster said:   I know the 50% off is first month only.

Anyone know if 30% off is first month or every month?

Tello Mobile 5% off your pay as you go plan CL6TMP
Tello Mobile 30% off your monthly plan C64FP5

First month only.

rated:
knickdigger said:   It's the current year. A Mobile VIRTUAL Network Operator (with low rates) doesn't need to waste needless cash on office space, furniture, air conditioning and coffee cups. They can have all their staff work remotely.
  First what year is it? The fact that it would have been easier to write the actual year makes me wonder if you know.  lol Just kidding.
But I have to agree with you.  Way cheaper to let your customer service people work from home.  Besides Didn't Apple start in some guys garage?

Also:

1. Mattel
  2. HP 
  3. Amazon 
  4. Disney
  5. Microsoft
  6. MagLite
  7. Yankee Candle Company
  8. Harley Davidson
  9. And the company that paid for my daughters scholarship.

Maybe we shouldn't judge a book by it's building or I mean cover?

rated:
lowspeed said:   So it's only half price for the first month?
 Apparently there is so much hate for R+ that any switch offer no matter how lukewarm automatically makes it to the front page.

rated:
aleck said:   lowspeed said:   So it's only half price for the first month?
 Apparently there is so much hate for R+ that any switch offer no matter how lukewarm automatically makes it to the front page.

More that RingPlus is going to be shutting down in a few days, so people are right now especially interested in offers for people interested in keeping their service and/or phone numbers when leaving RingPlus.

rated:
Folks, I am telling you R+ will not die. How is that possible? What other options do we have for free cellphone service? The judge will not kill off the service so many of us depends on and cannot afford to pay for.

rated:
I found cricket to be reasonable.
$35 with autopay
unlimited talk/ text and 3gb web
Tax is factored in that $35

rated:
I wonder if you could port to Tello with this promotion, then convert your account to pay as you go with your credit?

rated:
zubrin said:   Can you use coupon code RINGPLUS50 for Tello Pay As Go deposit? It will save a lot if it can be used.
  "Tello is offering to customers who port from RingPlus to Tello a 50% discount off their first month of a monthly plan with code RINGPLUS50 or GET50OFFNOW."

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2017/02/sprint-threatening-to-sh...

rated:
mathfaster said:   
  "Tello  is offering to customers who port from RingPlus to Tello a 50% discount off their first month of a monthly plan with code RINGPLUS50 or GET50OFFNOW."

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2017/02/sprint-threatening-to-sh...

I tried RINGPLUS50  for "Pay As You Go", it didn't work. I was planning to put larger amount but since it didn't work I went for bare minimum.
Not sure if GET50OFFNOW would have worked because I already submitted the order.

rated:
fatxman said:   Folks, I am telling you R+ will not die. How is that possible? What other options do we have for free cellphone service? The judge will not kill off the service so many of us depends on and cannot afford to pay for.

IMO / IANAL I do not have inside information.
The injunction was only being used as a tactic to extend the time they had to move customers.  I wouldn't be surprised if the injunction was dropped altogether because R+ and Sprint came to an agreement.  Either way the result of the other Lawsuit will leave them without a carrier and in a deep hole they can't get out of without a cash infusion.  At some point they may be able to start over.  Probably with a new name because this incident combined with the last major malfunction has sullied their name.  I would be willing to give them another chance however because I like that they are trying new things.  The patents they hold might even help get them the cash they need in the form of licensing agreements and investors.

rated:
fatxman said:   Folks, I am telling you R+ will not die. How is that possible? What other options do we have for free cellphone service? The judge will not kill off the service so many of us depends on and cannot afford to pay for.

Huh?

rated:
What is the last day to port my current phone number from Ringplus to other data plan service? REcently, I just paid Ringplus a year membership two month ago .... 8^(

rated:
russellt said:   

Huh?

j/k

rated:
Let me get this straight, if I use my 3 FreedomPop phones for data and texts and just use the tello phone for the approx 30 minutes of talk time I really need each month, this service will cost me $5 a month?
I could deal with that.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017