Avatar
posted 3 months ago by
heygnow
New Member

I just ported over to TextNow

They are giving RP customers 2 free months of any plan, you may switch to any plan before the end of two months.

Porting and the promotion has to be done via their customer service line at 888 252 5255.

 Plans starting at $13.99 /mo with unlimited calling and text as well as unlimited 2g data (64kbs) after your 4 g allotment is used.

Each line of service requires a separate TextNow account and email address.
 

2366 Views
12 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Looks like voice over data/wifi?

rated:
shampooguy said:   Looks like voice over data/wifi?
  yes though the textnow app.
wonder....does this apply if you buy new phones with them too????

rated:
No no no, wait. I am opening a cellular telephone company and will give R+ customers big big big discounts!!

rated:
They don't even have the time to put it on a website.
No thanks but I can't read the fine print over the phone.

rated:
dabir said:   No no no, wait. I am opening a cellular telephone company and will give R+ customers big big big discounts!!
  textnow isn't opening a NEW cellular company - they have had wireless service for years - a Sprint MVNO - I have bought a couple phones from them, in fact one of my current R+ devices was a TN device.

rated:
Fascinating to watch this unfold. R+ tells everyone to port out, then realizes their competition is eating their customer base, then says to not port out.

rated:
Stubtify said:   Fascinating to watch this unfold. R+ tells everyone to port out, then realizes their competition is eating their customer base, then says to not port out.
  Where did you read about RingPlus telling its customer not to port out?

rated:
love4money said:   
Stubtify said:   Fascinating to watch this unfold. R+ tells everyone to port out, then realizes their competition is eating their customer base, then says to not port out.
  Where did you read about RingPlus telling its customer not to port out?

  i didn't personally read about it, but because their customer base is being gobbled up by someone else, they are trying to keep as many in tact as they can.

rated:
love4money said:   
Stubtify said:   Fascinating to watch this unfold. R+ tells everyone to port out, then realizes their competition is eating their customer base, then says to not port out.
  Where did you read about RingPlus telling its customer not to port out?

  Initially R+ told everyone to port out as Sprint was shutting them down by Sat Feb 11th.

They then asked users not to port as they were working with someone to take over the users.  That was eventually TING and now TING will automatically port you over unless you opt not to and then your R+ line dies.

TING is offering a minimum of $35 per R+ a/c (check the other threads) and the port will  be over the next few weeks.

rated:
I wonder if TextNow will be my next lifeline for two months after I exhaust my Ting credit of $35!

rated:
heygnow said:   I just ported over to TextNow

They are giving RP customers 2 free months of any plan, you may switch to any plan before the end of two months.

Porting and the promotion has to be done via their customer service line at 888 252 5255.

 Plans starting at $13.99 /mo with unlimited calling and text as well as unlimited 2g data (64kbs) after your 4 g allotment is used.

Each line of service requires a separate TextNow account and email address.

  The phone number 888-252-5255 is not available from my calling area, it says when I call. Can you post the URL where you see this deal?

rated:
love4money said:   I wonder if TextNow will be my next lifeline for two months after I exhaust my Ting credit of $35!
  The free 2 month deal is only for RP users. If you port from Ting, it likely doesn't count.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017