posted 48 years ago by
zgenerale
Thrifty Member

Found via a CNET article on R+ Dead (thanks to thx)  though I believe they have a big fact wrong: I don't think CellNuvo offers 250MB data free each month.  I think it is one-time.

With the promo code: RPFree you get free activation (normally $29) but I don't know if you need to purchase their SIM card ($5).  Sign up for their free Infinite Plan which gives you 2500 one-time credits.  A text uses 1 credit, a call minute and MB uses 10 credits.

So to start, you get 250 minutes or 250MB data (or any combination = 2500 credits) which would be a great $-0- cost (other than maybe the SIM) for an emergency phone.

I don't know what activity is needed to keep the line active.

If they do charge for the SIM and you have a Sprint ready phone, Tello PAYGO is another choice.  $5 min (+ tax) with the requirement of activity per six months ($0.03 per minute, $0.02 MB and $0.01 text).  So for the same $5, you have 166 minutes.

Views
7 Comments
Add Comment
Here's the Devil in the Details:

Just like with the Flex Plan, it's your responsibility to maintain a balance of 500 credits. You must also acquire a minimum of 2500 credits over the course of each 30 day period. Failing these will cause a temporary suspension of your service, this ensures our free service is not wasted. But once again the CellNUVO app makes all this especially simple. If you just follow the apps simple recommendations, you will have limitless cell phone service at absolutely no cost. If your credits are red you need to earn more, pronto. If your credits are green you're good, if they are our NUVO color you are a rockstar and have it all figured out... rock on.

Welcome to CellNUVO the New Generation of cell service.

follow the apps simple recommendations, you will have limitless cell phone service at absolutely no cost. If your credits are red you need to earn more, pronto. If your credits are green you're good, if they are our NUVO color you are a rockstar

Sounds like R+ to me. I have to get an app follow the color of something and if it is some color I need to do something, another color something and another color means I can use my phone, otherwise I am temporarily suspended.

For Christ sake guys, it's a phone it's supposed to make a call when you dial a number!!!

P.S. What is nuvo colored?

Sounds Great! I like it.

russellt said:   follow the apps simple recommendations, you will have limitless cell phone service at absolutely no cost. If your credits are red you need to earn more, pronto. If your credits are green you're good, if they are our NUVO color you are a rockstar

Sounds like R+ to me. I have to get an app follow the color of something and if it is some color I need to do something, another color something and another color means I can use my phone, otherwise I am temporarily suspended.

For Christ sake guys, it's a phone it's supposed to make a call when you dial a number!!!

P.S. What is nuvo colored?

Sounds like more work for your free time. I'm assuming the surveys are like Swagbucks and someone is paying them. That said, maybe they actually have some form of revenue stream that is/was better than Ring+ ads that I never seemed to hear anyway.

I do have a phone that was on Ring+ sitting around and, since I dragged my feet too long to activate it on FreedomPop for free (it's $9.99 now), I might just throw it on CellNuvo and see what happens.

You can still activate on FreedomPop for 0.99
https://www.freedompop.com/byodpromo8

Yeah changed my mind. Turns out if you don't earn the 2500 points the prior month you are charged. Manageable, if the phone is your main driver. Not so much, if it isn't. Went with the $0.99 FreedomPop offer. Had to use regular CC as it wouldn't take my prepaid ones. So crossing my fingers.

do they charge e911, fcc, usf, taxes and fees on the free plan?

i can't find anything in their FAQ.

they say they don't charge your card automatically, but I am guessing that is for adding credits.

thanks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017