posted 48 years ago by
woodsnake

FYI

I just saw their update on supporting CDMA phones . If u want to keep your old phone number from Ringplus then Republic Wireless is another option. I used Repubic Wireless network with GSM phone since December with special deal for 6 months of free 1G data plan while paying the first month of December when buying the new Huawei Ascend 5W . I have no issues so far will call, text, video live stream, internet, etc.  You should check if your CDMA phone is working with their network. They have special deal on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with bonus offer from Samsung too if you want to buy a new GSM phone. Good luck.Welcome RingPlus Customers. Special $50 Credit Offer!https://pwk.republicwireless.com/welcome-ringplus-customers-spec... Wireless Coverage Update and CDMA Availability
https://community.republicwireless.com/blogs/republic/2017/01/26...
$200 OFF Samsung’s most premium phone. Discount applied at checkout.*Get a free 256GB memory card from Samsung until 2/14/17.Details here** 
https://republicwireless.com/phones/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/

Views
10 Comments
Add Comment
do you have the link to $50 credit offer ?   Iam not seeing it.   

gocint said:   do you have the link to $50 credit offer ?   Iam not seeing it.   
  https://pwk.republicwireless.com/welcome-ringplus-customers-special-50-credit-offer/

I know Cricket monthly rate including taxes and fees. 5 line for $100 flat. Does Republic charge additional taxes and fees and do you have an example? Thanks.

Republic Rates
Disclaimer
Republic has reasonable rate. Pay for the 1st month $15 (no data though), then get $50 credit which will last 3 months. So $15 for 4 months. Not too bad, but not as good as Tello Pay As You Go plan for low usage customers.

Limited BYOD phone list: requires Marshmallow 6.0 or higher

List of compatible phones...
Huawei Ascend 5W
Moto G (4th Gen.)
Moto G PLAY (4th Gen.)
Moto G PLUS (4th Gen.)
Moto X Pure Edition
Moto Z
Moto Z Play
Nexus 5X by LG
Nexus 6 by Motorola
Nexus 6P by Huawei
Pixel by Google
Pixel XL by Google
Samsung Galaxy J3
Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Per zubrin request on sample tax & fee on a plan. This is my invoice
"I know Cricket monthly rate including taxes and fees. 5 line for $100 flat. Does Republic charge additional taxes and fees and do you have an example? Thanks."

Dec 21, 2016 2:41 PM
Monthly Service   Total $25.57

Clear Choice Talk & Text=$15.00
Sales Tax - State=$0.97
Fed USF Cellular - Federal=$0.98
Federal Compliance Fee - Federal=$0.12
Utility Users Tax - Wireless - County=$3.50
Clear Choice Data =$5.00
Sub Total=$25.57

Just moved 5 lines from RR to Cricket back in December. Took a advantage of iPhone 5S for like $79, Cricket using AT&T network, call quality is pretty clear, not like RR, I get all my text, there were few text missing with RR. Cricket is also increasing data limit from 2.5 to 3 g each line next month. $20 per line, unlimited talk and tex and 3g date with tax included. I am pretty happy

BTW, for my kids, when data limit is reached, it slows to like 128k, no overage charges which i like...

woodsnake said:   Per zubrin request on sample tax & fee on a plan. This is my invoice

"I know Cricket monthly rate including taxes and fees. 5 line for $100 flat. Does Republic charge additional taxes and fees and do you have an example? Thanks."

Dec 21, 2016 2:41 PM
Monthly Service   Total $25.57

Clear Choice Talk & Text=$15.00
Sales Tax - State=$0.97
Fed USF Cellular - Federal=$0.98
Federal Compliance Fee - Federal=$0.12
Utility Users Tax - Wireless - County=$3.50
Clear Choice Data =$5.00
Sub Total=$25.57

Keep in mind some of the taxes will vary wildly from one location to the next.

ALSO: For those that have not kept up with Republic Wireless news.  The New system is very different from the old system.  They work more like a traditional Cell carrier now unless you have one of the old Republic Wireless phones with the specially modified OS.  You would know if you owned one of those because they only worked on Republic Wireless.

comodosky said:   Just moved 5 lines from RR to Cricket back in December. Took a advantage of iPhone 5S for like $79, Cricket using AT&T network, call quality is pretty clear, not like RR, I get all my text, there were few text missing with RR. Cricket is also increasing data limit from 2.5 to 3 g each line next month. $20 per line, unlimited talk and tex and 3g date with tax included. I am pretty happy

BTW, for my kids, when data limit is reached, it slows to like 128k, no overage charges which i like...

You wrote RR several times. Did you mean RP (RingPlus) or RW (Republic Wireless) or something else entirely?

GamingPhenom said:   
comodosky said:   Just moved 5 lines from RR to Cricket back in December. Took a advantage of iPhone 5S for like $79, Cricket using AT&T network, call quality is pretty clear, not like RR, I get all my text, there were few text missing with RR. Cricket is also increasing data limit from 2.5 to 3 g each line next month. $20 per line, unlimited talk and tex and 3g date with tax included. I am pretty happy

You wrote RR several times. Did you mean RP (RingPlus) or RW (Republic Wireless) or something else entirely?

My bad, I meant to say Ring+, moved from Ring+ to Cricket..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017