posted 1 month ago by
Yarhead

Mintsim.com (T-Mobile MVNO) has pretty good deals right now on phone service with a 6-month or 12-month commitment. The code SHOPCLEVER gets 20% off.

12-months of unlimited talk/text/throttle data inc. 2GB LTE is $13.88/month ($166.67 total). That's good for a low baseline.

For those who want more LTE data, the 12-months of ulitmited talk/text/throttle data inc. 10GB LTE is $27.22/month ($326.67 total).

The 2GB makes sense for me as I use about that amount. I think there's also a 5GB option in addition the the aforementioned 10GB.

26 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Mar. 28, 2017 @ 12:07am
rated:
Really cheap prices. I wonder if I prepay a year for 3 lines.... hopefully they don't go out of business.

rated:
Comes out to a little bit more due to taxes and fees

Item in your order Qty Price
12 Month, 2GB Plan - SIM KIT

SKU: MINT-SMALL-12

1 $199.00
Subtotal $199.00
Shipping & Handling $3.47
Discount (shopclever) -$39.80
Sales Tax - Telecom $6.87
Regulatory Recovery Fee $4.00
Grand Total $173.54

rated:
Stupid taxes... grrr...
Items in your order Qty Price
12 Month, 2GB Plan - SIM KIT

SKU: MINT-SMALL-12

1 $199.00
12 Month, 5GB Plan - SIM KIT

SKU: MINT-MEDIUM-12

1 $299.00
Subtotal $498.00
Shipping & Handling $4.01
Discount (SHOPCLEVER) -$99.60
Sales Tax - Telecom $30.28
Regulatory Recovery Fee $8.00
Grand Total $440.69

rated:
Which state has no sale tax

rated:
I don't know if they enforce, but officially this is not for Tethering.
https://www.mintsim.com/acceptable-use-policy said: You may not use our Service or your ... Mint SIM device as a modem, or tethering your Mint SIM device to a personal computer or other hardware.

rated:
soulzeng said:   Which state has no sale tax

• Alaska
  • Montana
  • New Hampshire
  • Delaware
  • Oregon.

rated:
Do you think they allow bingeon? I have unlimited with 10GB, with rollover and binge with international for $40 flat...

So if these company had bingeon, it would be nice!

rated:
Any idea when this coupon expires?

rated:
Will this work with any tmobile phone that takes this sim card? I have 2 tmobile phones new in the boxes.
or can I use my boost phone? Does it work right away when I port my number?

rated:
Will they issue a new phone number?

rated:
Native TMobile coverage or Prepaid? I can't tell by looking at the map.

rated:
Nice price, thanks.

rated:
Can you port FROM T-Mobile pre-paid, TO MintSim? Is that allowed by T-Mobile? I Hope so, I went for the 3-month starter SIM kit.

Edit: Yes, you can, and I did.

rated:
jschuman said:   soulzeng said:   Which state has no sale tax

Sucks i'm in cali :[

• Alaska
  • Montana
  • New Hampshire
  • Delaware
  • Oregon.

rated:
OP - Thanks for sharing this! This sounds cool, I'm on RingPlus and looking to switch to Ting today (because of $35 Credit and My existing Top Up Balance with RingPlus - I have $51 tied with RingPlus). But not looking to stay with Ting after I use up My funds. Hopefully this mintsim deal will be around...

Folks, 1 word of caution....remember the sun rocket drama some years ago...I lost quite some money on that....I would say don't do the 1 year prepaid option with mintsim...6 months may be decent risk to take on

rated:
dealgain said:   OP - Thanks for sharing this! This sounds cool, I'm on RingPlus and looking to switch to Ting today (because of $35 Credit and My existing Top Up Balance with RingPlus - I have $51 tied with RingPlus). But not looking to stay with Ting after I use up My funds. Hopefully this mintsim deal will be around...

Folks, 1 word of caution....remember the sun rocket drama some years ago...I lost quite some money on that....I would say don't do the 1 year prepaid option with mintsim...6 months may be decent risk to take on

Use AMEX for the future dispute charge if required - keep a copy of the receipt.

rated:
dealgain said:   OP - Thanks for sharing this! This sounds cool, I'm on RingPlus and looking to switch to Ting today (because of $35 Credit and My existing Top Up Balance with RingPlus - I have $51 tied with RingPlus). But not looking to stay with Ting after I use up My funds. Hopefully this mintsim deal will be around...

Can RingPlus (CDMA) be switched to Mint? Mint is GSM right?

rated:
They do both now. From (near) the bottom of their homepage (emphasis added) :
With Mint SIM’s Bring Your Own Phone program, you can get service on your current phone as long as it is compatible with our BYOP program. Compatible phones include: GSM Unlocked phones, AT&T Compatible phones, T-Mobile Compatible phones, Sprint Compatible Phones, and some other CDMA Technology Compatible phones.

rated:
T-Mobile prepaid phones work?

rated:
Beware of this company.  I switched and ported my number to them. . Although the initial offer deal is pretty good, the renewal price is kind of high.  Their renewal price is $99 for 3 months for 5gb which is not that great.   Also, streaming counts against your data allowance, so I decided to leave.  I am having trouble getting my account number and password from them in order to port out.  They never answer the toll free customer service line.  You get a message asking you to leave a voicemail but they never call you back.  Also, I tried to get my information via online chat and email with them and they say they cannot give me this info over these methods due to security concerns.   Has anyone else had problems like this?   

Update: finally got through after a week of calling.  Surprised they answered the phone. Obviously they were in India.  Just be prepared to call at different times/days of the week to try to get through and give it a good week or two before you need to port out.  

rated:
zaustin said:   Beware of this company.  I switched and ported my number to them. . Although the initial offer deal is pretty good, the renewal price is kind of high.  Their renewal price is $99 for 3 months for 5gb which is not that great.   Also, streaming counts against your data allowance, so I decided to leave.  I am having trouble getting my account number and password from them in order to port out.  They never answer the toll free customer service line.  You get a message asking you to leave a voicemail but they never call you back.  Also, I tried to get my information via online chat and email with them and they say they cannot give me this info over these methods due to security concerns.  I am extremely frustrated and angry.  This company is holding my phone number hostage.  Has anyone else had problems like this?   I am going to have to file complaints with the FCC and FTC. 
  thank you for the heads up.  i will try their cheap 3 month plan and see what is my option afterward.  i will not port my number in and use google voice to forward my call

rated:
Nonexistent customer service! Not by phone, not on-line.

Consider yourself lucky if it works for you without the need for support.

I give up with them and am going back to my old carrier.

My advice, use extreme caution.

rated:
excellent offer! thanks for sharing.

rated:
I activated with MintSIM 2.5 weeks ago and it's been a good experience so far. Now, in full disclosure, I had been using Ringplus for about a year and a half and for my needs that got me by OK (not great -- Sprint's coverage is junk, but I paid nothing more than the initial top-up). My goal is to maintain the cheapest cell service without having to change my habits (sure I'll curb my habits a bit if the payoff is worth it, but there's a limit) -- I don't stream much of anything, I typically use under a gig a month of data, and I like having the ability to tether although I use it rarely. A handful of these MVNOs are decent options but I was tired of Sprint and that cancelled out a lot of them. This was the best I could find for non-Sprint.. I paid $170 for one year, after all fees, with SIM shipped which works out to just over $14/mo, and I haven't seen anything that beats it for a regular daily use phone. Coverage has been great, data is fast, calls are clear and without lag (looking at you, RIP RP) so this was perfect. It wont be for everyone, but for an "average" user which I think most people are, I think this is among the best deals available.

Of course not everyone is going to risk a 1-year pre-pay.. fingers crossed on that one.

rated:
I'd never risk a year pre-pay with any MVNO. They drop like flies. No way.

rated:
They are a sub-MVNO of Ultra Mobile, which has been around for a while. At least 4+ years, based on the press releases on their website.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017