posted 48 years ago by
silektis

Hello all! I got sick with godaddy charges and after many days of research I decided to move my domain to namesilo.com using the coupon below.

$7.39 including Whois Privacy and Protection for ever

Coupon Code: MAR2017OFF

(exp.31 Mar.)

Also include:

Views
34 Comments
Add Comment
silektis said:   Hello all! I got sick with godaddy charges and after many days of research I decided to move my domain to namesilo.com using the coupon below.

$7.39 including Whois Privacy and Protection for ever

Coupon Code: FEB2017OFF

(exp.28 Feb.)

Also include:

how much do they charge the year after?

do they support "forward with masking"?

Renewals are $8.99 after the first year, Whois privacy and Protection INCLUDED!

You can check their prices here.

I just checked the forwarding options and they offer:

1. Permanent Forward (301): Selecting this option will redirect web traffic using a 301 permanent redirection. This is the recommended option and should be used for domains that will always forward traffic and for which there are no plans to develop a site specifically for the domain.(People will see the Target domain that's being forwarded to in the address bar.)
2. Temporary Forward (302): Selecting this option will redirect web traffic using a 302 found redirection. This option should be used for domains that are only temporarily redirecting traffic elsewhere, and for which there are plans to develop a site for that domain.(People will see the Target domain that's being forwarded to in the address bar.)
3. Cloaked Forward: Selecting this option will generate a frameset displaying the forwarded site as though it were redirected. The main benefits to this option are that your domain will always appear in the user's address bar, and being able to provide your own META information.

silektis said:   Renewals are $8.99 after the first year, Whois privacy and Protection INCLUDED!

You can check their prices here

I just checked the forwarding options and they offer:

1. Permanent Forward (301): Selecting this option will redirect web traffic using a 301 permanent redirection. This is the recommended option and should be used for domains that will always forward traffic and for which there are no plans to develop a site specifically for the domain.(People will see the Target domain that's being forwarded to in the address bar.)
2. Temporary Forward (302): Selecting this option will redirect web traffic using a 302 found redirection. This option should be used for domains that are only temporarily redirecting traffic elsewhere, and for which there are plans to develop a site for that domain.(People will see the Target domain that's being forwarded to in the address bar.)
3. Cloaked Forward: Selecting this option will generate a frameset displaying the forwarded site as though it were redirected. The main benefits to this option are that your domain will always appear in the user's address bar, and being able to provide your own META information.

cloaked and masking are diff.

$9 a year with "customized private dns" is good enough. i will test to see if i can sub my masking with their cloaked forward.

I've got domains both on Google Domains and NameSilo. Google is more expensive, but I like it better for certain things. (Long story.) However, NameSilo seems quite good also, a great deal, and I would highly recommend them to the average domain owner. Dump GoDaddy!!!

We started moving all our domains over to NameSilo a couple of years ago. In addition to the great price, and the great renewal pricing, when you transfer your domain they ADD one year. So, if you're domain is expiring in March, and you transfer it over to NameSilo, they'll extend your registration so that it now expires NEXT March.

Love 'em!

I've had my domains with Namesilo for at least 4 years now. I moved from GoDaddy to Namecheap to Namesilo. I got tired of GoDaddy always making me change my password whenever someone else tried to login with the wrong credentials - obviously my password worked to keep others out of my account, so why make me change it? I don't know if that's changed since I left them 6+ years ago. For some reason, I never got renewal notices from Namecheap, so I had a domain expire, someone else bought it, and I had to wait until it expired again to get it back.

The only thing I don't like about Namesilo is that you can only use each type of coupon once. If you use a registration coupon, you're not able to use a similar coupon again, even if it's a different code with a different expiration date. It has to be a different type of discount to be able to use it, but their prices are still good enough without coupons and I love the free privacy protection.

ahallfatwallett said:   I've got domains both on Google Domains and NameSilo. Google is more expensive, but I like it better for certain things. (Long story.) However, NameSilo seems quite good also, a great deal, and I would highly recommend them to the average domain owner. Dump GoDaddy!!!
  i moved from godaddy to google domain then switched back to godaddy. googl domain lacked of forward with masking. they would never support it.

ahallfatwallett said:   I've got domains both on Google Domains and NameSilo. Google is more expensive, but I like it better for certain things. (Long story.) However, NameSilo seems quite good also, a great deal, and I would highly recommend them to the average domain owner. Dump GoDaddy!!!

From my research, Namesilo is the most honest registar out there. And if you need Whois Privacy, which is necessary for me, you can't find a better price anywhere else.

I migrated my domains from Godaddy 2-3 years ago and have been using NameSilo since.  I still kept 1 domain at Godaddy paid with the 5 years registration (to get the multi-years discount) before I knew NameSilo.  I will migrate the last one to NameSilo when time comes.  The regular price is $8.99/year for me at NameSilo (no multi-years discount that I know of).  There is quantity discount - not sure how many are required to get the discount.

xqa2000 said:   I migrated my domains from Godaddy 2-3 years ago and have been using NameSilo since.  I still kept 1 domain at Godaddy paid with the 5 years registration (to get the multi-years discount) before I knew NameSilo.  I will migrate the last one to NameSilo when time comes.  The regular price is $8.99/year for me at NameSilo (no multi-years discount that I know of).  There is quantity discount - not sure how many are required to get the discount.
You can transfer it now and won't lose any of the time you've already paid for.

I got a domain parked elsewhere.

I will/probably/should move it here.

I've been using Name Silo for years and it is nice to not put up with all the GoDaddy upsells or big jumps in price on following years. My favorite registrar.

anonguy said:   I've been using Name Silo for years and it is nice to not put up with all the GoDaddy upsells or big jumps in price on following years. My favorite registrar.
  Just renewed with Godaddy.  The upsells are the worst part. I think that is enough to get me to try someone else.

During the whole GoDaddy SOPA boycott like many others I did take my business elsewhere (that was the last straw, definitely unhappy before then). I went to Namecheap, which was pretty good but I also had some problems with their customer service. Once Google Domains offered their service I moved again everything there. Namecheap has some REALLY cheap domains (under a buck for .PW for the first year) so I'm back with them for those. Since when you transfer most registrars extend a year past your expiration date (so you don't have any downside for transferring early, etc) I'll just move between them as necessary.

I don't know about masking, but Google Domains interface works for me pretty easily. I also am playing around with Amazon Light Sail, which in all their plans (including $5/ a month for their cheapest VPS) includes DNS service (but you have to pay for the domain).

I will probably move most of my domains else were except for a few... GoDaddy (at least for previous registered domains), includes one webmail account. I have a few domains where I use the mail storage.

I don't think any other domain registrars do that... Some (Rebel comes to mind) does not even provide email forwarding.

I use NameSilo and love them. Great prices and service. Nothing splashy (you won't get the pizzazz of GoDaddy), just solid.

Their service is good too, I've talked with a live person a few times without waiting on hold too long.
Even though they don't offer SSL/TLS certificates they point you to how it can be had for free

Do any of you use SSL certs for seo purposes? Supposedly big G ranks you higher if you have SSL, can someone confirm this?

i been using namesilo for the past few years too after switching over from google and godaddy and Namecheap and a bunch of other ones. Namesilo is cheap and no need to coupon hunt.

but if you are still interested in coupon hunting, ask an existing user to give you one. eg, I can generate ones that give $1 off:

fwonedollar
VisaOne
dollarsaving

in for 1 , thx

Coupon Code: FEB2017OFF still works, thanks!

Thank you for the $1 off!!

FEB2017OFF worked for me too. TNX!

does this coupon work with single domain or with multiple domains too i.e if transferring >1 domain does discount apply to each one

worked for me. thank you.

I got it to work one time only, despite transferring multiple domains.

FYI Namesilo allows anyone to create their own coupon codes for $1 off (which this coupon is) as part of their affiliate program, there is no "sale" going on right now.

What about web hosting? Our organization is using BlueHost.com and they're asking for so much for renewal. I don't care about the introductory offer. What's best web hosting site that's best in terms of their regular yearly rate as well as solid/dependable?

I have been using https://www.nosupportlinuxhosting.com/ for many years for webhosting. Not a serious webpage, it is for my hobby. $1 pays for a month.

Why does it cost $51.99 to transfer a .press domain name? I registered it for 88 cents at Namecheap. Am I stuck with paying over $50 a year to renew a .press domain name???

bestdealseaker said:   Why does it cost $51.99 to transfer a .press domain name? I registered it for 88 cents at Namecheap.  Am I stuck with paying over $50 a year to renew a .press domain name???

Premium domain extensions like .press are priced to serve a niche market.  Try http://domcomp.com to figure out the best registrar to transfer to.  I find namesilo to be the cheapest even when the domain name is deemed premium.  At times they are cheaper than registrar run companies.  ie:  .reviews domain name will be cheaper at namesilo than name.com (who actually owns the .reviews extension)

Most people here will boo the name 1and1  ..but they can be a good holding spot if you are a domain hoarder and just need bottom dollar price for a year ...then transfer again within a year.

I respect Namecheap, but they hold a grudge ..lol ..they don't allow you to use promotional codes on any domain you once held there.

I hold embarrassing number of domains at namesilo (don't ask)  

plastrd said:   FYI Namesilo allows anyone to create their own coupon codes for $1 off (which this coupon is) as part of their affiliate program, there is no "sale" going on right now.
How does one do this? I was going to transfer >1 domain but it was a total of $1 off.

Thanks!
=aw

New Coupon Code for March: MAR2017OFF (exp.31 March)

Enjoy!

Tried to use last month's code in mid-Feb to transfer a domain, said the code was already used.

Are we able to use a code more than once, for separate transactions?

Are we only allowed one code per year (if moving over several domains, one-at-a-time)?

I think it is one use per account. So if you have to register or transfer more than one domain, you should do that with one transaction.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017