posted 3 months ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

Posted with ToGo

Verizon | $80 for Unlimited Data, Talk and Text

http://www.verizon.com/about/news/get-unlimited-data-network-you-deserve-verizon

• $80 for unlimited data, talk and text on your smartphone with paper-free billing and AutoPay.
  • $45 per line for four lines with unlimited data, talk and text on your smartphones and tablets with paper-free billing and AutoPay.

To switch to Verizon Unlimited beginning Monday, February 13, visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/

100 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — May. 25, 2017 @ 9:09pm
rated:
what a crock of horsesh!t, I had the unlimited plan a few years ago, kept raising rates to muscle out those of us grandfathered in with this kind of plan, now they bring it back to keep up with the competitiion, kiss my red ass Verizon

rated:
*Single line -$80* For one line
*Multi Line-$180* for 4 lines
*Smartphones, tablets, and internet devices* each $20 A month. Connected devices $5 A month
*Prices shown include line access and auto pay & paper-free billing discount. Without auto pay: +$5 For single and +$10 For multi. Credit card payments not eligible for discount.

Included features:

*Full hd video (not 480p)
*Mobile hot spot. 4g speeds for first 10gb then 3g speeds
*Unlimited talk and text
*NBA league pass on stream pass
*International LD to Mexico and Canada
*Mexico and Canada roaming. 4G LTE speeds apply for first 500 megabytes per day then 2G speeds.
*Travel pass for $10 a day. 4G LTE speeds apply for first 500 megabytes per day then 2G speeds.

So it's $180 for 4 lines, (with autopay) the multi line plan itself is $100 with $20 per line access. Tablets, Jetpacks, etc... now are $20.

Full LTE speeds on smartphones up to 22GB, after which Verizon "may" prioritize your data, based on traffic, for the rest of the billing period.

Edit: More details:

* Canada & Mexico gets 500MB of LTE data the rest is 2G speeds.
* No video quality drop like TMobile.$80 single line or $85 without autopay.
* Jetpacks have 10GB of LTE. (Homefusions too)
* Will still have 2GB plans @ $35, 4 @ 50, and 8 @ 70. 2yr contract lines/phones will have $40 line access.
* Basic phones, and jetpacks will be $20 (or $10 on Small, Medium, and Large plans).
* Plan can be backdated.
* Needs to be de-enrolled from CenturyLink one bill.
*Taxes will be additional.

Hope I answered most questions.

rated:
freekin ripoff

rated:
I'm on one if the old grandfathered plans. I'm now paying $160 a month for just my plan (includes hotspot). So this will cut my bill in half. I was just about to finally pull the trigger and go to Tmobile. Hmmm

rated:
Whoa, what?? It's about time! I have been grandfathered in with unlimited data since 2002 and very frustrated with all of the rate increases lately.
Glad to see the competition has finally influenced VZ to get a real plan, but will be interesting to see if it can work for me.
Right now I only have 2 lines with unlimited, but want to add a 3rd (teen son) with just 2GB.
I will be giving them a call tomorrow, thanks OP!

rated:
Now bring it to prepaid, Verizon.

rated:
i am wondering same thing about extra fee added each.month for old geandfathered plan.

rated:
After taxes and fees: one MILLION DOLLARS.

rated:
'Introductory Unlimited Plan' + 'Auto Pay discount' = Build up customer base, defeat competition, expire intro rate, feast off the % of people who do not keep close tabs on their auto-paid bill.

Verizon at its finest.

Anyway, count me in.

rated:
I kinda doubt this will defeat competition, cell phone network is more then capable of handling it, theyve been doing it in 3rd world countries long before us. US companies will just..adapt.

rated:
Will be interesting to see... Have been grandfathered on unlimited for my two lines ... This sounds like it could be a big saving ... Of course, that was after being farked over repeatedly and the cost being skyrocketed before .. Won't be jumping onto anything day one until all the little terms and conditions have been found out ... But may be promising ...

rated:
Why auto Credit card payment not eligible for discount?

new Unlimited plan has 22GB soft limit.

rated:
Verizon = the worst - Never again, Never.

rated:
My family currently has five lines on T-Mobile, at this point our monthly rate should be about $140 plus device payments, which come to about $50, so naturally our bill is nearly $300 per month until we call them and they make adjustments for different promotions (how many of us are still getting hit for $25 per month on last falls "free" lines promotion?).

I have used Verizon in the past and they do a much better job of keeping your bill straight. Add the fact that Verizon does have better coverage than T-Mobile in our area and my 25% discount through my employer (T-Mobile killed that long ago) and this gets tempting.

rated:
havok019 said:   I'm on one if the old grandfathered plans. I'm now paying $160 a month for just my plan (includes hotspot). So this will cut my bill in half. I was just about to finally pull the trigger and go to Tmobile. Hmmm
  Also considering the same.  Mine was $280 for 3 phones.  Wonder what my bill would look like with this new plan.

rated:
spdracer5g said:   My family currently has five lines on T-Mobile, at this point our monthly rate should be about $140 plus device payments, which come to about $50, so naturally our bill is nearly $300 per month until we call them and they make adjustments for different promotions (how many of us are still getting hit for $25 per month on last falls "free" lines promotion?).

I have used Verizon in the past and they do a much better job of keeping your bill straight. Add the fact that Verizon does have better coverage than T-Mobile in our area and my 25% discount through my employer (T-Mobile killed that long ago) and this gets tempting.

I had the opposite experience - our bill was never correct after 6 months plus the coverage was abhorent - no comparison to ATT but i realize coverage varies by area.

rated:
I would not trust Verizon with a "unlimited plan" . I used to be grandfathered in on a cheap unlimited data plan. I was told the price would never go up. 
Well, they kept adding fake fees and the price kept going up. Every time I upgraded a phone, they tried to push me off the unlimited plan.
I usually had to go to manager and complain to stay on the plan.

I finally gave up on Verizon. They really put the screws to their loyal customers.

rated:
I'm really surprised there are fatwallet users using main stream cell providers instead of MVNO.....

For this "deal" though, not bad for a premier service route.

rated:
javaman2003 said:   Why auto Credit card payment not eligible for discount?

I am right there with you... I refuse to switch my autopay from my card to my bank, so I guess I have to factor in the extra $5/month or else try and barter with the sales rep to get them to waive it.

As for the 22GB limit, I used to work for Verizon and what they don't tell you is that even all current grandfathered folks have this same soft limit... most are just unaware it exists.  And it's not automatic once you pass 22GB... it's only "if" congestion is high on the network at that time.  Not as bad as you think, and nowhere near as bad as the other carriers.

I have tried all of them, and all have failed me in terms of poor coverage and dropped calls, except Verizon.  And yes, it has everything to do with where you live/work and use your phone most of the time, so my experience means nothing to everyone else out there... to each his/her own.

rated:
Any idea what % of the bill is eligible for a company discount?

rated:
Ok, I'm a telephony newby, but ... if I get an $80 plan, will I be able to cancel my Comcast internet and go pure hotspot (is there a nice hotspot router available?). 

rated:
btrebor said:   Any idea what % of the bill is eligible for a company discount?
  0% unless you are military or veteran. Employer discounts do not apply to this plan.

rated:
TowHead said:   Ok, I'm a telephony newby, but ... if I get an $80 plan, will I be able to cancel my Comcast internet and go pure hotspot (is there a nice hotspot router available?). 

You only get 10 GB of hotspot data so probably not unless you are a very light user.

rated:
TowHead said:   Ok, I'm a telephony newby, but ... if I get an $80 plan, will I be able to cancel my Comcast internet and go pure hotspot (is there a nice hotspot router available?). 

You get 10GB of 4G/LTE data for tethering, followed by unlimited 3G data.  So, depending on your usage and needs, yes, you could replace your cable provided internet with this plan.

rated:
Mulox said:   
javaman2003 said:   Why auto Credit card payment not eligible for discount?

I am right there with you... I refuse to switch my autopay from my card to my bank, so I guess I have to factor in the extra $5/month or else try and barter with the sales rep to get them to waive it.

As for the 22GB limit, I used to work for Verizon and what they don't tell you is that even all current grandfathered folks have this same soft limit... most are just unaware it exists.  And it's not automatic once you pass 22GB... it's only "if" congestion is high on the network at that time.  Not as bad as you think, and nowhere near as bad as the other carriers.

I have tried all of them, and all have failed me in terms of poor coverage and dropped calls, except Verizon.  And yes, it has everything to do with where you live/work and use your phone most of the time, so my experience means nothing to everyone else out there... to each his/her own.

I think we are at $220 for 4 lines. 1400 minutes, 3 unlimited data, one 2gb data. i know the actual bill payer doesn't like autopay, so it seems like a wash. The $20 for a tablet doesn't seem bad, but does that count towards a line?

I totally agree on service. I have a ring+ as a craigslist phone, and right next to the verizon phone, both Motorola E's, the Verizon signal was always the same or better. Sometimes it wasn't great, but the Sprint was always worse.

geez, I easily have hit 75gb+ a month, never seen a slow down. guess no congestion in my area.

rated:
Here is also how it works.

4 lines $45/line
3 lines $54/line
2 lines $70/line
1 line $80/mo

I currently have 2 lines with 6gb.  After my employee discount it is $91.  Not a good deal for me.

rated:
Once burned, I never look back. This may seem good but just do not trust them after taking away my plan in the past.

Switched to Cricket Wireless - 5 lines for $100 month including everything (taxes and fees) and 3GB per line - enough since I am normally on WiFi. Only needed 4 lines but the 5th worked in my tablet and was basically free.

This is a decent deal if you have to have Verizon, but been happy with Cricket (AT&T network) and works everywhere - even in the mountains of Poconos and Vermont while skiing.

rated:
verizon said: Your employee discount doesn't apply to the new Verizon Plan Unlimited option.

WTF?

rated:
Also I'm seeing this:

Data:/Minutes/Messages Minutes,Messages,Data: more information tooltip collapsed
(Account Access) $65.00
Line Access Line Access more information tooltip expanded $20.00*
Monthly Plan Total $85.00**
Estimated Savings: $13.59*

How are you guys getting $80?

rated:
why pay $80 when i get the same thing for $40 with prepaid tmobile? traveled all over the USA and found no difference between verizon and tmobile though i did have some coverage problem with at&t;

rated:
Well your coverage really depends. If you stay in the big metros and major highways/thoroughfares, you may not see much difference. Once you wander a couple miles outside of those, the difference becomes crystal clear. T-Mobile coverage is a joke compared to Verizon, no matter how "cheap" it is.

rated:
How are you guys getting $80?

65.00 Access fee - 5.00 for autopay = 60.00
20.00 Line access fee

so 80.00 bucks

rated:
Just looked at this on verizon's website.

Big notification there that my employer discount does not apply to the new "Unlimited plan"

Leave it to Verizon with the "gotchas" .....

rated:
Also saw that the autopay must be to a debit card or checking account, no more autopay to cc for points/miles/$$.

rated:
Verizon is the Devil...

rated:
ams30 said:   Here is also how it works.

4 lines $45/line
3 lines $54/line
2 lines $70/line
1 line $80/mo

I currently have 2 lines with 6gb.  After my employee discount it is $91.  Not a good deal for me.

So basically if you are already grandfathered in, it does not make sense to switch.  Once you factor in the loss of my employee discount and $5 extra for cc autopay, it's a wash for me....

rated:
I'm curious how the employee discount works for you guys. I recently added it to my account and while it says 20% off, it seems apply only to the 'data' charges on my bill. There's no discount on the line access fee. Is that how its for everyone else or am I being shortchanged by Verizon?

rated:
 I believe discount (employee, etc) only applies to the Access Discount on eligible plans, not data

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017