posted 48 years ago by
smokeycatrules
Happy Member

Garmin nüviCam LMTHD 6 GPS/Dash Cam $249.99 ($50 off regular Costco price of $299.99) now through Feb. 26, 2017.
The integrated dash cam continuously records your drive and automatically saves files on impact.
Detailed maps of North America with free lifetime map updates
• HD digital traffic – avoidance solution from Garmin
• Forward collision warning alerts if you drive too close to the car ahead
• Lane departure warning alerts if you drift off the road or into oncoming traffic
• Garmin Real Vision displays camera view when approaching select destinations

Views
6 Comments
Add Comment
Great price.. Amazon wants $354 for that product

LINK to Amazon product 

Edit - now I see $320 for that product on Amazon  +$15 shipping 

Definitely a highly competitive price for this Garmin.  However, in PC Mag's review of this GPS ( PC Mag Review ), read their Bottom Line; 'Garmin's pricey nüviCam LMTHD offers a huge array of features, including an integrated HD dash cam, but navigation issues could delay you from reaching your destination on time.'

Not sure if this model is for me....

I've used this with Uber in LA and so far not issues yet.

I bought this at Costco on BF, same price as now. I reported a buggy search to Garmin, seems the voice search and text search work differently. Example my GPS would not find Lowe$ unless I said "lowe$ home improvement", otherwise I was directed 14 miles away to the next store in the database as Lowe$ only. Had similar issue with other known spots, advising closest place was 80 miles away, when a text search found one I was looking for as a 'Foursquare' location. Seems Foursquare results aren't shown in a voice search.

Also, I changed from a previous 6 year old Garmin to this, and this routes me different ways, than previous model, even though both were seeking 'fastest'. last night good example, taking relative to dinner in a town I'm not familiar with. Garmin routing me a full mile further south, to loop around and return to restaurant, as we were driving by the restaurant! And they were not new roads, that weren't on the map. When we arrived by turning into restaurant parking lot, it knew we were there, but for some reason really wanted to route us out of the way.

I still like it though, I was using a separate dashcam, and this frees up devices, also the magnetic window mount is great for staying at hotels. Quick removal without messing up the mounts.

" Garmin routing me a full mile further south, to loop around and return to restaurant, as we were driving by the restaurant!" LOL....  My old Garmin, will send me south past the street I want to turn on, and then left on next street, then back north to the street I wanted to turn on, the  turn right onto the correct street! LOL. I don't understand wth it's doing ,but I ignore it, and it eventually catches up with me LOL

Garmin had me going down a road that was dirt and blocked off. I found the right street just a few feet down. LOL!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017