posted 48 years ago by
sbarbati

WalMart offers the Pelonis 7-Fin Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater, model no. HO-0260, for $26. Choose in-store pickup to dodge the $5.99 shipping fee.

Views
10 Comments
Add Comment
High quality of this, I had one for two years, now still works well.

What is the difference between the oil filled and non oil filled?

dreedry said:   What is the difference between the oil filled and non oil filled?
  Oil.....

Actually the oil filled ones are a little safer.
There is no fan to fail.

Love these. They don't heat up a room quickly, but they're very "even", silent, and don't dry out the air so much.

One of our bedrooms is a little cooler and I feel 100% safe leaving this on in there overnight. On the other hand, if we were going to spend 10 minutes in the basement one of these would be a terrible choice. It'd take 5 minutes just to get itself warm, much less start heating anything around it.

How about Electricity Consuming?

techtechtech said:   How about Electricity Consuming?
  There are different heat settings. So, it depends. If you give your electric rate I'm sure someone can do the math for you.

EDIT: I have a somewhat high electric rate, so it would cost 21 cents an hour to run it at a 1000 watt setting. Doesn't sound like much but that's $150 a month to leave it on all the time.

I have one just for heating the bedroom overnight , turning the house thermostat
down and it works very well.
My 8 year old Edenpure does a good job heating the kitchen and living room and I
saved about $300 on the gas bill ( Oct-April ) after including increased electric compared to
running just the gas heater alone.

How would this compare $$$ wise to a 1500 watt fan heater ran 8-12 hours a day (keeping the cat warm when it below freezing in the workshop).

dedicke said:   How would this compare $$$ wise to a 1500 watt fan heater ran 8-12 hours a day (keeping the cat warm when it below freezing in the workshop).
  About the same.
Electric heat is about 100% efficient.

dedicke said:   How would this compare $$$ wise to a 1500 watt fan heater ran 8-12 hours a day (keeping the cat warm when it below freezing in the workshop).
  Assuming you run them at the same wattage setting they are going to be about the same money. You need to decide which your cat would prefer. I like the oil filled just because they are quieter. For your cat the blower is more directional. the oil filled, the heat tends to rise but does expand outward as well but not as much as the fan.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017