posted 1 month ago by
cathywood

Homedepot has SunSmart 8 Amp In-Wall Digital Timer on sale for $9.97.

• White and light almond faceplates included
  • Works with incandescent, CFL and LED
  • Light adjustment to save energy, adjustable timeout feature
  • Requires neutral wire

13 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
This also work for batteries?

rated:
Nice price, but not very good in reviews!

rated:
What is the minimum increment the switch can be set to turn-on to turn-off ?

rated:
This is a great timer, BUT it currently has an important defect. The LCD display becomes almost unreadable when it is plugged into an outlet.

rated:
This timer is a great idea but is very complicated to set.I thought I had it set a couple of time but it didn't work.

rated:
torresfija said:   This is a great timer, BUT it currently has an important defect. The LCD display becomes almost unreadable when it is pluggeid into an outlet.

It's NOT a Plug-In Timer

rated:
If you're looking for a dusk-dawn timer that adjusts year-round, this is the one I installed about 18 months ago. Works great, has a capacitor that lasts for many hours in case the power goes out (to save your settings):

https://customer.honeywell.com/en-US/Pages/Product.aspx?cat=HonE...

And most importantly, NO MINIMUM LOAD. Does require a neutral, though (as does this sun smart one).

rated:
torresfija said:   This is a great timer, BUT it currently has an important defect. The LCD display becomes almost unreadable when it is plugged into an outlet.
  Yes, agree. they should have made it back-lit.

rated:
kstraka said:   If you're looking for a dusk-dawn timer that adjusts year-round, this is the one I installed about 18 months ago. Works great, has a capacitor that lasts for many hours in case the power goes out (to save your settings):

https://customer.honeywell.com/en-US/Pages/Product.aspx?cat=HonECC+Catalog&pid=PLS750C1000/U&category=EconoSwitch+Programmable+Wall+Switch+with+Solar+Timetable&catpath=1.3.12.1.5.2&rank=2&v1=Sort.1.Product.Rank&asc=1

And most importantly, NO MINIMUM LOAD. Does require a neutral, though (as does this sun smart one).

I second the Honeywell Econoswitch recommendation.  I've had mine around 2 years and it works great and has been adjusting to the changing length of days just fine.

rated:
Bought 3 and have 2 installed. Anyone else run into the problem of the motion sensor trigger all the switches? Mine does......

rated:
this was reposted - and someone asked how it works in that thread. So, from the description:

• The motion sensor sends a signal to the timer when motion is detected to turn on your lights, then the timer counts down automatically to turn off.
  • Programming your timer using the daylight adjusting technology allows you to easily set the timer for sunrise and sunset times to your local area all year round.

However, a reviewer posted;

• This is a Home Depot proprietary product, but after more than an hour trying to program the timer feature to work with the remote sensor and being frustrated over several nights by unexpected "lights off" outside my front door, then half an hour on hold with customer support I learned that:
  • 1. Contrary to the indication on the product packaging the timer feature does NOT work with the sensor feature. In other words, it works only as a sensor OR as a timer but NOT BOTH. I will be returning this product for failing to properly describe the product function.
  • 2. The product is WAY overpriced for the function it performs.
  • If you are curious, ask someone at HD how this product works and my guess is that they too will expect that the switch allows BOTH timer and sensor features to overlap BUT THEY DON'T!!

Several of the positive reviewers said they were using either the timer or the sensor, but not both.
So, I don't know what the real answer is about how it works, but the amount of confusion about it does explain why the price keeps dropping!

rated:
Good deal.Thanks OP.

rated:
Nice.I also want to buy one.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017