posted 1 month ago by
Photowhit

I've been looking at finding a deal on minutes for my cheapy Alcatel tracfone from the summer simple phone deal. As usual it's cheaper to buy a whole phone than minutes and service.
I'm going with the Alcatel Adroid phone deal at HSN. I found the reception of the previous Alcatel was very good, I'm on the fringe of 2 different Cells towers.

Specs;
5" touch screen, Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) operating system, 1.2GHz quad-core processor, 3G/WiFi capable

Triple min for life, 400-minute PIN (tripled to 1200 minutes, 1200 text messages and 1200MB of data) with 365 days of service

https://www.hsn.com/products/alcatel-5-tracfone-w1200-minutestex...

​Please check Hot deals, TomN has posted a newer Samsung Galaxy Sky deal for just a bit more. I'm sticking with this due to my service coverage.
For a years service it's the cheapest I've seen.

3% cash back through Ebates, and extra $10 off for new customers code 169662, I saw an offer to get a % off with subscription to email notifications. I'm got on a never ending email trash lst lasttime I did that.

6 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Mar. 28, 2017 @ 1:33pm
rated:
That phone is nicknamed the POOP Icon for good reason. DO NOT buy this phone unless you plan on harvesting the minutes and airtime.  I owned one of these and it deserves the nickname it was given.  Since it was a backup to my primary Tracfone what I did was I kept it with active service for a year, added airtime and ran it through the unlock portal.  As soon as I seen it was eligible for the buy back program I swapped it's service out into an Ultimate2 and  I sold the Icon back to Tracfone for $26.  The phone only has 2GB of internal memory and much like the Galaxy Centura it freezes up and can only be fixed by removing the battery.

rated:
Nice finds. Thanks OP!

rated:
The specs are 4 GB of internal memory.

​Did you have 2GB after programs? It comes with Pandora, which I could careless about. I think I can cancel my order. but the service/reception at home was a good bit better with the Alcatel than the last 2 phones a Samsung and an LG. The difference between, being on speaker with the phone in the window and on speaker and just answering the phone.

​Perhaps this is a later model, I did see one negative review that said only 2 GB of storage, I just went back and checked and that was March of last year. I read through the first 2 pages of 1 star reviews, most of the negatives were they usual Tracfone stuff. I just went back and read more there are a few from 2015 that talk about the 2gb instead of 4gb. I'm thinking this is an updated model. I'll return it if it has only 2 gb.

rated:
Android 4.4? Isn't that dead and buried? I think they are up to Android 7.0 now. And don't expect them to upgrade you from 4.4. That will never happen.

rated:
TomN said:   Android 4.4? Isn't that dead and buried? I think they are up to Android 7.0 now. And don't expect them to upgrade you from 4.4. That will never happen.
  Heck, It's not an IPhone either, but it's a years service, 1200 minutes with some text and data for $70, you find me another deal like that?

rated:
Loved this phone! I actually upgraded to a new Alcatel model and it doesn't have the feature that allows you to HEAR the text messages.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017