Posted with ToGo

16GB Apple iPhone 5s Virgin Mobile No Contract Smartphone (Space Gray or Silver)
$99.99
https://www.virginmobileusa.com/#!/shop/phones/ 

15 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Mar. 24, 2017 @ 3:53am
rated:
Don't buy this...these are not refurb, they are just used. I bought one and have nothing but problems...I hate this phone.

rated:
Are these locked to Virgin or able to be used on at least Sprint or other Sprint MVNOs?

At any point can they be unlocked for GSM?

Thanks

rated:
Can this be used on Ring+?

(Yes, I know Ring+ is gone.)

rated:
DarthEnol said:   Can this be used on Ring+?

(Yes, I know Ring+ is gone.)

LOL.  We really miss you Ring+.  After Ring+ is gone, Virgin Mobile plan doesn't look too bad.  ($35 - $5) autopay discount for unlimited min/text and 4GB LTE then unlimited 2G data will be good for high usage customers.  However, if you can find 4 other people to join Cricket family plan, $100 for 5 lines for unlimited min/text and 3GB LTE then unlimited 2G data which is a better deal.  Does anyone know if there is a website that people can form groups and get better deal?

rated:
You mean cricket reddit groups?

rated:
xfmpcx said:   You mean cricket reddit groups?
  Thank you.  That is what I was looking for.

rated:
Anyone know if this can be used without a plan? My kid hates tablets and prefers phones to watch youtube videos. I hate handing over my phone all the time. If i can buy this to just use for the apps on wifi, will this work?

Thanks

rated:
splitxserenade said:   Anyone know if this can be used without a plan? My kid hates tablets and prefers phones to watch youtube videos. I hate handing over my phone all the time. If i can buy this to just use for the apps on wifi, will this work?

Thanks

Yes.  You can buy the phone first without a plan.  The phone is locked to Virgin Mobile so you can not use it on other carriers.  Using the phone as a WiFi device should be fine.

rated:
if these are used, they should tell you up front.

btw, same price at boost

rated:
splitxserenade said:   Anyone know if this can be used without a plan? My kid hates tablets and prefers phones to watch youtube videos. I hate handing over my phone all the time. If i can buy this to just use for the apps on wifi, will this work?

Thanks

Man you are better off going to Walgreens and buying whatever decent LG or Samsung Android phone for $20-40 brand new for like Verizon prepaid or At&T. You get a new phone that is great for YouTube kids and games. No SIM needed.  

rated:
splitxserenade said:   My kid hates tablets and prefers phones to watch youtube videos. I hate handing over my phone all the time.

Thanks

have the kid read a book

rated:
dedicke said:   

Thanks

Man you are better off going to Walgreens and buying whatever decent LG or Samsung Android phone for $20-40 brand new for like Verizon prepaid or At&T. You get a new phone that is great for YouTube kids and games. No SIM needed.  

Get an ATT GoPhone since, unlike Verizon, they are simple and free to unlock. Instructions are here on FW. This increases the value of the phone since you can use it on any other GSM network.
Be certain to remove the ATT sim card BEFORE you power the phone on or ATT will require 6 months of service before being able to unlock the phone for use on other carriers.

rated:
myisland said:   
splitxserenade said:   My kid hates tablets and prefers phones to watch youtube videos. I hate handing over my phone all the time.

Thanks

have the kid read a book

The day my 2 year old learns to read and read all day long will be the first.  I'm going to let her play, watch videos, go outside and be a 2 year old.  Appreciate the parenting tip, though. 

rated:

dedicke;19793163 said:

Thanks

Man you are better off going to Walgreens and buying whatever decent LG or Samsung Android phone for $20-40 brand new for like Verizon prepaid or At&T. You get a new phone that is great for YouTube kids and games. No SIM needed.  

I did the same exact thing for both my kids.  Got the LG Volt for $40 each and they enjoyed using it.  However, after we upgraded our iPhones, our old iPhone 5 models got passed down to them.  Asked them which phones they liked better.  They preferred the iPhone a bit more.

rated:
For those who got in on this either virgin or boost. does it say "unpaid bill" or "clean", using sickw.com "free - Sprint " checker? TIA

update: it is unpaid bills

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017