posted 48 years ago by
pitflyer
Senior Member - 2K

Starwood Preferred Guest Amex card has its rare (usually about once a year) promotion for 35,000 total bonus points for signing up for their AMEX card ($0 annual fee first year, $95 afterwards). 25k points are earned after spending $3k in the first 6 months, and another 10k after spending another $2k. Note that SPG points transfer to Marriott at a 1:3 ratio, so this would be one of the highest offer for Marriott Rewards points if you want that instead, and SPG does allow transfer between family members living at the same address. 

SPG Amex

The above link should have no referral code -- text here: http://apply.americanexpress.com/spgamexcard35k/. Current SPG Amex members can refer people, but I do not believe the one referred gets any extra bonus. 

Views
5 Comments
Add Comment
"Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product."

Starwood points also convert to American Airlines miles at bonus rates which vary - but always more than 1 to 1.

Amex is now denying the extra 10,000 points on the additional $2,000 spend. Said it is not in the promo. ?????

@kmatlock it's expired since mid April, but if you applied before then, i suppose you should still get the promo.

Yes, that is exactly the point. I applied on the promo page, and I should get the promo, but they are saying that I will not, too bad. I am not going to go quietly on this. This was hyped on several sites as one of the best credit card offers, and now to crawfish on the promo points is not acceptable.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017