posted 48 years ago by
woolooloo

I was looking for some Cree ones that I've used before but they were out. I stumbled across these in the light fixtures section instead of the light bulbs section. Price on the display was $6.97. I've installed 6 of 20 so far, very fast and easy and just as nice as the Cree ones that I've used in my old house. YMMV since the website price is $14.97, it is possible there was a Duke Energy incentive applied (I'm in Charlotte NC), but other bulbs that had the incentive were marked that way and these were not. Plus those were capped at 12, and I was able to buy 20.

YMMV, but great deal if you can get it. I'm heading back this weekend to get some more.

Commercial Electric LED 

Views
9 Comments
Add Comment
I have 6 of these installed in a family room and the quality of light is very nice. My only complaint is they don't dim low enough before going out/flashing with my Lutron Maestro dimmer.

plastrd said:   I have 6 of these installed in a family room and the quality of light is very nice. My only complaint is they don't dim low enough before going out/flashing with my Lutron Maestro dimmer.
  I have the same dimming issue, but otherwise they are solid. 

Neilium said:   
plastrd said:   I have 6 of these installed in a family room and the quality of light is very nice. My only complaint is they don't dim low enough before going out/flashing with my Lutron Maestro dimmer.

Are yours older Maestro dimmers or the more updated C-L models?

I've got an old style dimmer that dims them down to low levels well enough but causes a buzz. I just got some Lutron C-L dimmers I'm going to install this weekend, I'll report back how well they work with these bulbs.

vadeltachi said:   
Neilium said:   

Are yours older Maestro dimmers or the more updated C-L models?

I am not sure I will have to check. I doubt they are. So I will look into that once woolooloo reports back on the buzz. 

how many lights for $6.97?

Zip Code??

It is one kit for $6.97. The Zip Code of the store I purchased them in was 28211, but it is an in-store price only, you cannot purchase them online for that price. Check your local HD

Installed the Lutron dimmer today, seems to have cleared up the buzz. Besides the slider, it is further adjustable with the plate cover off. If everything is set to the lowest setting, it gets down to probably 15-20%, which is fine for our purposes. Not as dim as conventional incandescent lights go, but still fine.

I do not see any flashing or going out completely, they are completely fine at the lowest setting.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017