posted 48 years ago by
ksamymiester
Cool Member

I have bought an EOS Rebel SL1 two-lens (18-55, 70-300) kit as well as a f/1.8 50mm prime lens from the Canon outlet store, all refurbished, and they came in as-new condition. The only thing that indicated they were refurbished was the plain boxes. These refurbished prices are cheaper than anything but getting lucky on an auction on eBay, plus they come with the same full 1-year warranty that their new cameras and lenses have. I highly recommend buying refurbished straight from Canon.

One added bonus to buying from Canon is that they have by far the best service and integrity in the photography business. Both a relative and I have had Canons break long after the warranty expired and Canon admitted those models had chronic defects, took responsibility for those problems, and fixed our cameras free of charge. I know from personal experience that Pentax will not do that, will deny that their products have well-known problems and there are reviews on Amazon showing that Fuji and Sony will do the same and won't even honor their warranties when they haven't expired.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017