posted 1 month ago by
sourmix

OBi200 Sale at Newegg – 2/17 to 2/19

From February 17 to 19, Newegg. com will feature the OBi200 on sale at $34.99 (with promo code EMCRCBE38) with free shipping.

Click Here to get your OBi200 now!  

17 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I love my Obi VOIP phone! With Google Voice, it works great - my phone messages come in emails, that I can listen to - also transcribed - but it isn't very accurate. I'd say the system works about 98% of the time. (Rarely, my phone doesn't ring - but even in those rare times, I always get any messages left.) Saves me about $75 a month! I had been trying to get an Internet based phone to work for YEARS - and this is the only system that is fairly reliable, good connections, and doesn't require a PC to be running (to talk).

rated:
excellent deal, thanks

rated:
Great price - anyone know how it compares to Ooma? I have the original one - Don't use it much but one day it's time will come!

rated:
I believe with Ooma you still have to pay taxes monthly for the service (http://www.ooma.com/savings/#frmid)

If you use google voice you just pay once for the Obihai adapter, and get a free google voice account (or you can port in a number from a cellphone for one time fee of $20).  No fees after that for calls made to the USA.  I've never used Ooma so I can't speak about the quality comparison.

rated:
tyguide said:   Great price - anyone know how it compares to Ooma? I have the original one - Don't use it much but one day it's time will come!
  I believe with Ooma you still have to pay taxes monthly for the service (http://www.ooma.com/savings/#frmid)

If you use google voice you just pay once for the Obihai adapter, and get a free google voice account (or you can port in a number from a cellphone for one time fee of $20).  No fees after that for calls made to the USA.  I've never used Ooma so I can't speak about the quality comparison.

rated:
I know there is no support for 110 anymore, but is there any reason to buy this until my 110 dies? or may be Obihai intentionally kills is to force me to buy this?

rated:
i heard we can use this to call family overseas? something like getting a gv#, set it up in the obihai, then ship the obihai overseas.. afterwards we can simply call the gv# for free (also call from obihai via gv# to usa for free too)

can anybody confirm?

thx

rated:
tafandi said:   i heard we can use this to call family overseas? something like getting a gv#, set it up in the obihai, then ship the obihai overseas.. afterwards we can simply call the gv# for free (also call from obihai via gv# to usa for free too)

can anybody confirm?

thx

yep, as long as it's connected to the internet, each obihai has a unique number that you can call from another obihai, or you can set the obihai with a gv# then call it with any phone.   don't forget calling canada for free.

rated:
Does anyone know if it is possible to keep my current home phone number?

rated:
Yes.  You have to port it to a mobile # first, then to Google Voice.  Just did this in Jan. thru T-Mobile, using an old phone.

rated:
rsmars said:   Yes.  You have to port it to a mobile # first, then to Google Voice.  Just did this in Jan. thru T-Mobile, using an old phone.
  it costs $20

rated:
brownfam3 said:   Does anyone know if it is possible to keep my current home phone number?

If you are going to be using google voice with the obihai adapter you can only port cellphone number to google voice.   So first you have to port your home/landline number to a pre-paid cellphone and then once that is activated port again to google voice ($20).     I did this after I was fed up with Vonage.    Ported  from Vonage to T-Mobile, and the from T-Mobile to google voice.

http://www.obihai.com/porttutorial

rated:
sourmix said:   I believe with Ooma you still have to pay taxes monthly for the service (http://www.ooma.com/savings/#frmid)

I have an original ooma, still no fees at all

rated:
Thank you, OP.
Perfect timing too. Just received a letter from T-Mo they were discontinuing the @Home service, and offering users the LineLink service. Trouble is, I've been paying $5/mth for the @Home and they want $10/mth for the LineLink.
This Obi for $35 and $20 for Google to port the number over, and I'm set!

rated:
no 911 service with google voice. you will have to pay extra through 3rd party if you want 911 service.

rated:
glanwin said:   no 911 service with google voice. you will have to pay extra through 3rd party if you want 911 service.
  Why do you need a service, cant you just dial
911?

rated:
With the service, the call goes to the appropriate 911 center.
Without the service, your call is lost in the twilight zone.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017