posted 1 month ago by
ablang
Senior Member - 4K

For an unlimited time TGI Fridays is offering endless appetizers for just $10. Guests can choose to feast on a countless amount of mozzarella sticks, meatballs, boneless wings, loaded potato skins, and more. Unlike previous versions of the deal, guests can now choose any combination of endless apps for just $10 per person! 
more info

I checked Google Maps for the Sacramento region and sadly, all 3 are permanently closed. Are they in trouble?

36 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
who would buy any of the regular food with this deal? now I see them really going under.

rated:
We have one nearby, but rarely go there. Might try this deal out. Maybe they expect you to stay longer while you get your refills, and will drink while waiting?

Fine print for those who are interested: Buy one appetizer at $10 each (per person) and get free refills of your choice. While supplies last. Valid on select items only. Sorry, no take-home bags. At participating restaurants. Dine-in only. One offer per person, per visit. Not valid in conjunction with any other coupon, promotion or discount. Tax and gratuity not included.

rated:
awesome. thanks.

rated:
Of course I will need more refills for my drinks if I'm eating all the different types of appetizers.

"waitress, more water please?"

rated:
got the email, this is finally a good deal.

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   who would buy any of the regular food with this deal? now I see them really going under.

They probably expect to make MUCH more in beer sales, considering most people will order a beer every "round" of apps.  If it works anything like most "endless" offers you have a long wait between order/delivery -- PARTICULARLY if you are not ordering alcohol.  Longest lunch I ever had was when someone dragged us to the bread/soup/salad thing at Olive Garden.  Bread and salad were big deliveries and soup?  not so much.  We were all drinking water or soda because "work."

rated:
Check reviews for your local one first. The one near me is awful.

rated:
RedWolfe01 said:   
MeIsCheap said:   who would buy any of the regular food with this deal? now I see them really going under.

They probably expect to make MUCH more in beer sales, considering most people will order a beer every "round" of apps.  If it works anything like most "endless" offers you have a long wait between order/delivery -- PARTICULARLY if you are not ordering alcohol.  Longest lunch I ever had was when someone dragged us to the bread/soup/salad thing at Olive Garden.  Bread and salad were big deliveries and soup?  not so much.  We were all drinking water or soda because "work."

You shouldn't let that stop you, when I worked at a big firm, we'd smell alcohol on several people in the elevator and we'd always comment on how so people can still function on a liquid lunch. Some of those people had been with the firm for years and years. 

rated:
Hunny156 said:   We have one nearby, but rarely go there. Might try this deal out. Maybe they expect you to stay longer while you get your refills, and will drink while waiting?

Fine print for those who are interested: Buy one appetizer at $10 each (per person) and get free refills of your choice. While supplies last. Valid on select items only. Sorry, no take-home bags. At participating restaurants. Dine-in only. One offer per person, per visit. Not valid in conjunction with any other coupon, promotion or discount. Tax and gratuity not included.

Do you need somebody to go with? 

rated:
Do they have Pizza Shooters, Shrimp Poppers, or Extreme Fajitas?

rated:
I enjoy the pot stickers. Chicken Nuggets (I refuse to call them Boneless Wings) are not bad either.

- NEW Fried Pickles
- NEW Meatballs
- Loaded Potato Skins
- Pan-Seared Pot Stickers
- Mozzarella Sticks
- BBQ Chicken Flatbread
- Boneless Wings YOUR CHOICE OF FLAVOR

rated:
I want to try it out but feel weird if I don't order any entree. The problem is most people will be full after 2 appetizers.

rated:
jolapo said:   I want to try it out but feel weird if I don't order any entree. The problem is most people will be full after 2 appetizers.
They will make a nice profit since you likely will have ordered some sort of drinks. Even if you ordered only water, the restaurant's costs for two appetizers is likely less than $4.

Or, order the entree to go, take it home and don't feel weird.

rated:
Flingers has the same deal. You just missed their commercial on Channel 9. Now they've got some exam on: she kinda looks like Anne.

rated:
But is it truly unlimited, or is it like The Frying Dutchman? link

rated:
anonguy said:   But is it truly unlimited, or is it like The Frying Dutchman? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kzb6uf0U0k

Well you can always sue them if you don't get all you can eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqT-AvswCZo

rated:
Yes a lot better deal than the previous non sense of eating 9 plates of the same item with my large water

rated:
thanks for this sharing.

rated:
what are pure veg items in the above list? Wife is pure veg.

Tia

rated:
JB137 said:   what are pure veg items in the above list? Wife is pure veg.

Tia

what did you find when you looked yourself after clicking the link? 

rated:

Tia

The Rib platter or NY Strip Steak are both veg

YVW

rated:

Tia

After taking a look at the menu, only the Fried Pickles and Mozzarella Sticks are vegan-friendly. The loaded potato skins have bacon on them so that's why they're not vegan. Pot stickers is pork. All else is obvious why they're not vegan. 

rated:
Where does it say any combo? It sounds like it's still $10 for one type.

rated:
http://gawker.com/my-14-hour-search-for-the-end-of-tgi-fridays-endless-ap-1606122925
^ 14 hours at TGI Fridays with the endless appetizers, but no wifi, books, or sleeping. (long read)

rated:
ctujackbauer said:   http://gawker.com/my-14-hour-search-for-the-end-of-tgi-fridays-endless-ap-1606122925 
^ 14 hours at TGI Fridays with the endless appetizers, but no wifi, books, or sleeping. (long read)

Funny!

rated:
henry33 said:   
RedWolfe01 said:   

You shouldn't let that stop you, when I worked at a big firm, we'd smell alcohol on several people in the elevator and we'd always comment on how so people can still function on a liquid lunch. Some of those people had been with the firm for years and years. 

Try that with AT&T, particularly for guys with company trucks...  let me know how UI works in your state.    

rated:
RedWolfe01 said:   
henry33 said:   
RedWolfe01 said:   

Try that with AT&T, particularly for guys with company trucks...  let me know how UI works in your state.    

They were working desk jobs, some of them were secretaries, I guess their typing was still fine even with a few drinks in them. By the time they went home, they were probably sober. 

rated:
Pretty sure mozzarella sticks aren't vegan since they are fried cheese which is dairy and a no no..vegetarian maybe but vegan not even close

rated:
So tempting! Thanks OP!

rated:
$3 back on a bud light with this deal if you scan your receipt using the Ibotta app with your app.

rated:
I just went today. Meatballs were yucky. Fried pickles weren't to bad. I still would prefer the fried green beans. Only four choices of sauces on the boneless wings.Buffalo, Jack Daniels, BBQ and one more I forgot what it was. I was disappointed ghost pepper.wasn't on the list

Still a good deal

rated:
vadeltachi said:   
jolapo said:   I want to try it out but feel weird if I don't order any entree. The problem is most people will be full after 2 appetizers.
They will make a nice profit since you likely will have ordered some sort of drinks. Even if you ordered only water, the restaurant's costs for two appetizers is likely less than $4.

Or, order the entree to go, take it home and don't feel weird.

no to go allowed. if u can take ur maain entree home, who could prevent u from taking all the endless appetizers along  with it. just stuff them in the bag.

rated:
gmoneystunt said:    I was disappointed ghost pepper.wasn't on the list

Endless ghost pepper wings would look like this

<------------

the following morning

Got to assume Friday's is in some serious financial doo-doo doing this deal.

rated:
boneless wings are terrible ... one might as well get a piece of bread and toss it into some spicy sauce jar, same taste experience

rated:
So tempting!Thanks OP!

rated:
Great, thanks OP.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017