posted 48 years ago by
anonguy
Senior Member - 1K

Finally, a Monster product at a good price. Saw this on the other site, but nothing here yet. $3.00 at WalMart. It seems like WalMart has surge protectors all over the store. I found these in the audio-video aisle.

I have the 3-Outlet one that I picked up at Walgreen's for cheap about six months ago and it works fine.

Brickseek

• Six outlets
  • 2 USB Charging Ports
  • Surge Protection to 1080 Joules
  • $100,000 Insurance
  • Fireproof Protection (?)
  • Monster Power Filtration Performance (??)

Views
7 Comments
Add Comment
Online link for reference only

https://www.walmart.com/ip/29749076

Fireproof protection probably refers to the failure of the MOV's in the surge protector. Once they've absorbed all the surges they can take, they basically short out and blow up.
Of course, any decent surge protector not bought from China will have methods of preventing this failure from escalating into a fire. But hey, it sounds like an added feature, so why not advertise it anyway?

• Monster Power Filtration Performance (??)

fllters all monsters from your power

Nice price, but I noticed the outlets are not all different colors like on most Monster surge protectors.
Monster leads the industry in coloring outlets on surge protectors.

Picked a few up today. It doesn't sit flush against the wall, but it does have a screw that can be used to replace the one in the regular wall plate so that it won't fall out. Because it doesn't sit flush, it's a little wobbly, but with the screw and for $3, I don't see this as being a big problem.

I've seen the strips 5 and 6 outlet for $4 to $6 each as well. Varies by store, of course. They're nothing great, but probably better than the $4.99 or $5.99 "relocatable power tap" otherwise.

Went to a Wal Mart location that Brickseek said their were 4 pieces. Instead of guessing where they were located, I grabbed a manager. He walked me around till we found the 4 pieces. That's when he asked me what was so special about them and I told him $3 each made them special to me. At first he acted as though I was wrong but when he scanned them he was shocked. He told me he wished he knew about the pricing as he needed one. I relented to his needs and gave him one for himself. In the process I made a new friend who agreed to hold things for me in the future, if necessary. Totally worth it to me. Thanks OP and green 4 U.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017