http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PK-LC203-XL-High-Yield-Compatible-Ink-...


4 x Black 
2 x ea color

Get $20 back in Staples or Office Depot. Rewards when you recycle them when they are empty if you qualify for the rewards offer.

Views
18 Comments
Add Comment
Thx MrC

work with MFC-J430 ? If not cheapest deal?

vickh said:   Thx MrC

work with MFC-J430 ? If not cheapest deal?

  

If you have the older J430 (non chip version) you can get dirt cheap inks, less than $1 per cart, not these. these are for the new series with the more sophisticated chip design.

Not sure but I think the ink series is the LC75 on those? you'll need to verify, then search eBay for the best deal (or AMZ)

So overall are the days of Brother units using cheap chipless ink numbered?

brusbrother said:   So overall are the days of Brother units using cheap chipless ink numbered?
  

that already ended with the J430/435 series about 3 years ago.  However, cheap is a relative term. these new more sophisticated generics are running about $2 a pop, vs, maybe 75c a pop on the older LC 51/61/75 series, but compare than to $30 a pop or more for branded any major (Brother, HP, Epson, etc)

MISTERCHEAP said:   
brusbrother said:   So overall are the days of Brother units using cheap chipless ink numbered?
  

that already ended with the J430/435 series about 3 years ago.  However, cheap is a relative term. these new more sophisticated generics are running about $2 a pop, vs, maybe 75c a pop on the older LC 51/61/75 series, but compare than to $30 a pop or more for branded any major (Brother, HP, Epson, etc)

  
thx will try to save my older unit then.

any link to  the more reliable  75c a pop ink?

vickh said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
brusbrother said:   So overall are the days of Brother units using cheap chipless ink numbered?
  

that already ended with the J430/435 series about 3 years ago.  However, cheap is a relative term. these new more sophisticated generics are running about $2 a pop, vs, maybe 75c a pop on the older LC 51/61/75 series, but compare than to $30 a pop or more for branded any major (Brother, HP, Epson, etc)

  
thx will try to save my older unit then.

any link to  the more reliable  75c a pop ink?

  

vick, simply type brother lc75 ink at the eBay Search bar. the more quantity in the lot, the cheaper the prices, so it depends how much you want to stock up in one order.

My concern is getting something cheap that would clog... Esp now that I know these printers are more valuable then current tech..

vickh said:   My concern is getting something cheap that would clog... Esp now that I know these printers are more valuable then current tech..
  

Vick, if you have the older model using the cheaper older generics, I wouldn't worry, I've had a Brother for 7 years, using generics, not one clog issue.

Few days ago I got 16 cartridges for my MFC-J430W for $6.79 in eBay bucks from here http://myworld.ebay.com/chun7010

I think he even threw in 3 or 4 extra cartridges.

I've had this printer for about 4 years and never any problems!

Type:
New Premium Compatible
All Cartridges are ready to use.

Compatible Printer List:
MFC-J460DW
MFC-J4620DW
MFC-J480DW
MFC-J485DW
MFC-J680DW
MFC-J880DW
MFC-J885DW
MFC-J4320DW
MFC-J4420DW
MFC-J5520DW
MFC-J5620DW
MFC-J5720DW

Package includes:
4 x LC203XL Black Compatible Ink Cartridge
2 x LC203XL Cyan Compatible Ink Cartridge
2 x LC203XL Magenta Compatible Ink Cartridge
2 x LC203XL Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridge

Note: There are better deals on eBay for this ink.

inurface said:   Note: There are better deals on eBay for this ink.
  

Totally unhelpful unless you provide a SPECIFIC deal Link to the updated chip series for a better price (for about 10-12, not 50 carts)

$16.95 https://www.ebay.com/itm/182432264828

Searched "lc203 10" sorted by price.

inurface said:   $16.95 https://www.ebay.com/itm/182432264828 

Searched "lc203 10" sorted by price.

  

not bad, but only 8  avail for sale. HOWEVER< there is no mention of the newest version chip. If they are older carts, and you buy the Best Buy printer, you are SOL as the printer won't read them. it's a pain in the ass if they don't. not worth $2-3 savings to 'guess', the seller has to be written to verify what exactly he's selling there.

FWIW I did email the specific seller and they said it's the "updated" chip.

This is my first chipped Brother so I'm not aware of issues with the chip versions.

"chipped Brother"?...sigh, oh well, the end of an era I guess.

Brother printers I own/owned have always cheerfully printed from generic ink/toner cartridges.

comandoed said:   Few days ago I got 16 cartridges for my MFC-J430W for $6.79 in eBay bucks from here http://myworld.ebay.com/chun7010 

I think he even threw in 3 or 4 extra cartridges.

I've had this printer for about 4 years and never any problems!


 

 This is how products are SUPPOSED to work.
Don't settle for disposable crap companies try to trick you into buying.
Revolt!

UkeDoggie said:   "chipped Brother"?...sigh, oh well, the end of an era I guess.

Brother printers I own/owned have always cheerfully printed from generic ink/toner cartridges.

  There has been considerable pushback in the courts concerning this. Every manufacture that has gotten hauled into or been in court over this issue has lost iirc. Even when pathetically claiming DCMA nonsense. See eff.org for more info.

My issue with the older Brother printers (LC51 variety) is they would want to clean the heads (which likely prevents clogging) until they were dry on ink. I am an infrequent user so that was annoying. My HP printer (which has scare screens against using refilled cartridges - they were forced by the courts to let users use them though) is much better in this area partly because the heads are part of the cartridge.

I suspect that with all the nazi cartridge chipping you will see many older printers being repaired. Which is not necessarily a bad thing imho.

Another thought is that it might be possible to hack the printer's firmware so that this is less of an issue, which might be profitable for some group under the right circumstances.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017