posted 48 years ago by
ctujackbauer
Senior Member - 1K

It's finally here, transatlantic flights from the northeast to europe for the price of a bad night out at Chili's.

Limited smaller airports: check
Limited timeframe (mostly summer flights, some year-round): check 
No frills airline where everything extra is extra: naturally
Fatwalleters making up most of the flight's passengers: priceless

https://www.norwegian.com/us/booking/ 

USA Today article 

Providence

Edinburgh: Begins June 16; four weekly flights in the summer, two during the winter.

Belfast: Begins July 1; Two weekly flights during summer. No wintertime service.

Cork: Begins July 1: Three weekly flights during summer, two during winter.

Dublin: Begins July 2: Five weekly flights during summer, three during winter.

Shannon: Begins July 3: Two weekly flights year-round.

Newburgh/Stewart International, N.Y.

Edinburgh: Begins June 15: One daily round-trip flight, year-round.

Belfast: Begins July 1; Three weekly flights during summer, two during winter.

Dublin: Begins July 1: Daily service during summer, three weekly flights during winter.

Shannon: Begins July 2: Two weekly flights year-round.

Hartford/Bradley

Edinburgh: Begins June 17: Three weekly flights during summer, two during winter.

Views
11 Comments
Add Comment
Also check WOW air for crossing the Pond via Iceland

I haven't verified as I'm not near any of these gateways but the returns flights are supposed to be about 3x the outbound. Still a great deal if it fits your plans. Thanks OP.

will require some very flexible dates and times. For example, Newburgh/Stewart in NY to Dublin... there are ZERO days in july with discounted outbound flights, and TWO days in july with the discounted return flights of only $82. The $82 flight deal does NOT include checked baggage or a meal on the flight... so $82 is really going to be more like $160.

Looks like they use Dreamliners (787) for long flights. They do have a Premium Economy that gives 46" pitch (instead of 31-32" in Coach) with a width of 19" (instead of 17.2 in Coach) and recliner seats. Curious to see how much more those seats are.

Booked early today SWF Newburgh NY to Dublin in September, two RT tickets for $147 each. Cheap seats went fast. No Meals, no checked bags, no assigned seats.

Been flying with them FLL-OSL: great rates, new clean planes and nice native Norwegian passengers.

robstrash said:   Looks like they use Dreamliners (787) for long flights. They do have a Premium Economy that gives 46" pitch (instead of 31-32" inCoach ) with a width of 19" (instead of 17.2 inCoach ) and recliner seats. Curious to see how much more those seats are.

They use a 737 Max on these particular flights, see linked article in OP.

787 Dreamliners are for most of their other flights.

ctujackbauer said:   
robstrash said:   Looks like they use Dreamliners (787) for long flights. They do have a Premium Economy that gives 46" pitch (instead of 31-32" inCoach ) with a width of 19" (instead of 17.2 inCoach ) and recliner seats. Curious to see how much more those seats are.

They use a 737 Max on these particular flights, see linked article in OP.

787 Dreamliners are for most of their other flights.

Also keep in mind that the 737-Max hasn't even started flying commercially yet. I believe Norwegian is the launch customer. So don't be shocked if some of these aircraft end up delayed and they have to cancel some flights (didn't stop me for jumping on a PVD-DUB for $65!).

Man, the closest airport to my family is Providence, and we have planned a trip to Cork in May. We had been holding out for these flights but gave up last week. No loss because the flights only start in July. But that would have been a hell of a lot better than our actual plan, drive to NYC, flight to Shannon, drive to Cork. So close! Next time!

I'm not seeing these prices, even with ops dates and locations they're all 300+. I need to fly out there in August but it looks like the prices already go back up then. Am I missing something? I need to get elsewhere on the continent but if I hop on a RyanAir flight it should still come out dirt cheap.

sepulcher said:   I'm not seeing these prices, even with ops dates and locations they're all 300+. I need to fly out there in August but it looks like the prices already go back up then. Am I missing something? I need to get elsewhere on the continent but if I hop on a RyanAir flight it should still come out dirt cheap.

You kinda got to the deal late. There are still some fares that are $83 in November, so I don't think its enough to mark the deal dead.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017