posted 26 days ago by
Atariman56
Primate Member

Crackle Barrel menu and prices 

Link here 

CardCash takes 30% off Cracker Barrel gift cards. (These items are available as printable eCards.)  Bag $25 gift cards for $17.50 or less. 

Maybe another Extra 5% Off Select Already-Discounted Restaurant Gift Cards with coupon code "SPECIAL".

Gift cards you buy are guaranteed for up to 45 days after you receive your order

It also states on the eGift card, upon redemption that their is no expiration date.

12 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Got 2, and they emailed the card very quickly and it shows $25 balance at crackerbarrel.com
Thanks...

rated:
The $50 cards are now available.

rated:
CardCash's contact address is a UPS Store in Brick, NJ.
Most Jan/Feb reviews on SiteJabber are negative.

rated:
It's a good deal, but if you get them, use them quickly. My father recently purchased one on here to find it completely depleted before he could use it. It isn't just CardCash either, I'd estimate that I have a 50/50 success rate on getting gift cards that I buy from these third party sellers to work. I usually don't even bother anymore unless I know it is something that I'll use almost immediately.

rated:
sdskees said:   It's a good deal, but if you get them, use them quickly. My father recently purchased one on here to find it completely depleted before he could use it. It isn't just CardCash either, I'd estimate that I have a 50/50 success rate on getting gift cards that I buy from these third party sellers to work. I usually don't even bother anymore unless I know it is something that I'll use almost immediately.

To quell all fears, I bought one this morning and after reading these negative posts I wondered. However I can tell you that I checked my "card number" on Cracker Barrel's web site and in fact it does show that my "card" is valued at $25. Also it mentions on the "card" that their is NO expiration date.

rated:
Atariman56 said:   
sdskees said:   It's a good deal, but if you get them, use them quickly. My father recently purchased one on here to find it completely depleted before he could use it. It isn't just CardCash either, I'd estimate that I have a 50/50 success rate on getting gift cards that I buy from these third party sellers to work. I usually don't even bother anymore unless I know it is something that I'll use almost immediately.

To quell all fears, I bought one this morning and after reading these negative posts I wondered. However I can tell you that I checked my "card number" on Cracker Barrel's web site and in fact it does show that my "card" is valued at $25. Also it mentions on the "card" that their is NO expiration date.

In the case of my father, it was good when he bought it... and then it showed as redeemed about a month later, before he ever used it, by somebody who wasn't him. He did get a refund, but stockpiling cards like this is probably not necessarily the best idea. That being said, I trust them as much as I do any other gift card reseller. I believe most of them try to do their best, but situations like these are beyond their control, but most are willing to help when you get ripped off by one of the people selling to them. I frequently buy Panera Bread gift cards from sellers like this, for example, but I never get more than I can use in a matter of weeks. Just make sure you plan to use it within the "guarantee" window.

rated:
sdskees said:   
Atariman56 said:   

In the case of my father, it was good when he bought it... and then it showed as redeemed about a month later, before he ever used it, by somebody who wasn't him. He did get a refund, but stockpiling cards like this is probably not necessarily the best idea. That being said, I trust them as much as I do any other gift card reseller. I believe most of them try to do their best, but situations like these are beyond their control, but most are willing to help when you get ripped off by one of the people selling to them. I frequently buy Panera Bread gift cards from sellers like this, for example, but I never get more than I can use in a matter of weeks. Just make sure you plan to use it within the "guarantee" window.

Once you verify the balance on the card within the guarantee period, you can take the printout to your Cracker Barrel and have the amount transferred to a plastic gift card which will eliminate any issues of the value being removed by an unscrupulous character.

rated:
Thats a good perk cuz alot of places leave you stuck with the silly paper e gift cards. Why they can't convert to a normal card is beyond me

rated:
Atariman56 said:   

This post indicates a lack of understanding of the risk of getting these types of cards. It isn't a concern of whether or not the cards are valid, and all gift cards by definition have no expiration date (by federal law, I think).

The nature by which these cards are bought and sold means that other parties can and do have access to them, that is why the guarantee window is a fairly short 45 days. As others have stated, if you are able to fully use up these cards within that 45-day window, these can be a great deal. But you risk losing your money if you hang on to them any longer than that. And there is a possibility that the original purchase of the card (before it ends up at Card Cash and the like) involved fraud, stolen CC numbers, etc.)

And don't get me and many others started on PayPal Digital Gift Cards....   

rated:
yoregano said:   
Atariman56 said:   

This post indicates a lack of understanding of the risk of getting these types of cards. It isn't a concern of whether or not the cards are valid, and all gift cards by definition have no expiration date (by federal law, I think).

The nature by which these cards are bought and sold means that other parties can and do have access to them, that is why the guarantee window is a fairly short 45 days. As others have stated, if you are able to fully use up these cards within that 45-day window, these can be a great deal. But you risk losing your money if you hang on to them any longer than that. And there is a possibility that the original purchase of the card (before it ends up at Card Cash and the like) involved fraud, stolen CC numbers, etc.)

And don't get me and many others started on PayPal Digital Gift Cards....   

As Beachbum states above, "Once you verify the balance on the card within the guarantee period, you can take the printout to your Cracker Barrel and have the amount transferred to a plastic gift card which will eliminate any issues of the value being removed by an unscrupulous character.". Maybe he's wrong but it sounds like a good way to relieve any worries, unless you think that Cracker Barrel will try to pull a fast one. I think not.

rated:
If you paid for two cards your balance should be $50.00.
​So why only $25.00?

rated:
tracerconnect said:   If you paid for two cards your balance should be $50.00.
​So why only $25.00?

2 separate purchases for $25 each.

P.S. As of now the discount is 30% instead of 40%

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017