posted 48 years ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

Posted with ToGo

Apple iPhone 7 BOGO Offer

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/apple-iphone-bogo-offer.html 

BOGO: Ltd. time (ends 4/1/17 in Puerto Rico). Select locations. Elig. Devices: New iPhone 7 & 7 plus on 0% APR AT&T Next (30 mos. at $21.67) or AT&T Next Every Year (24 mos. at $27.09) installment agmts. $0 down for well-qualified credit or down payment may be req?d. Retail price is divided into monthly installments. Tax on full retail price due at sale. After all credits, get iPhone 7 32GB up to $650 (credits are $21.67/mo. or $27.09/mo.) for free. May apply max credit towards other elig. devices priced up to $970, which will be discounted but not free. Wireless: Monthly postpaid voice & data plan req?d on both (existing customers can add to elig. current plans). If cancel svc., you will owe device balance of up to $970. Bill Credit: Applied in equal amounts to device on the new line over entire agmt term & will not exceed $650. Both lines must be on same acct, active & in good standing for up to 30 mos. and devices must remain on agmts for entire term to get all credits. If upgrade or pay up/off agmts early your credits may cease. Offer Limits: May not be combinable w/ other offers, discounts or credits. Participation in this offer may make your wireless account ineligible for select other offers (including select bill credit offers) for a 12-month period. Return: Restocking fee up to $45 may apply. See store or att.com/iphoneoffer for offer details. GEN. WIRELESS SVC: Subj. to Wireless Customer Agmt (att.com/wca ). Deposit: May apply. Limits: Purch. limits apply. Activation: $25 Fee. Credit approval, taxes, fees, monthly, other charges, usage, speed, coverage & other restrs apply. See att.com/additionalcharges for details on fees & charges. Promotion, terms, & restr?s subject to change & may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. AT&T service is subject to AT&T network management policies. See att.com/broadbandinfo for details.

Views
20 Comments
Add Comment
Hoping BestBuy adds a GC offer to this for new lines...?

Thanks OP. Time to upgrade from iPhone 5 to iPhone 7. I feel like a dinosaur.

Still waiting for my launch trade in credits for 2 phones, $1,300 owed from 5 months ago and I'm in a virtual line for resolution. So I'd plan on getting a full bill for a long time and some type of future credit. Buyer beware.

polishdreamer said:   Still waiting for my launch trade in credits for 2 phones, $1,300 owed from 5 months ago and I'm in a virtual line for resolution. So I'd plan on getting a full bill for a long time and some type of future credit. Buyer beware.
  Wow. Dang it. Thanks polishdreamer. 

^^^Wow, yeah. That's messed up. (not surprising with their "customer service" though)

Worst Buy has a $200 GC for the S7 and S7 Edge which are also on the same BOGO promo by AT&T. So you get two GC's with the BOGO. 

No iPhone deal for T-Mobile?

Thanks OP. I picked up 2 from Costco and got a $125 Cash card (Costco gift card) and 2 free portable battery chargers.

I see this requires a new line. Anyone know a way to get this deal without having to add a "new line"?
Or some work around of some kind?

I guess you could remove a line temporarily and then add it back in later? (If you didn't mind getting a new phone number)

You can port your number to Google Voice and have it ring your new cell phone number.  You have to keep the new number active for 30 months.

Doing a little research another method of keeping the same number is porting into Sideline app.

Do both phones have to be activated?

I need a new line added to my plan. Wondering if I can sell the other phone.

The device credit really isn't much of a deal unless you're planning to stay with AT&T for 2 years or 30 months. These deals are a way to ensure that you're locked into their plan for 2 years, otherwise you pay a fee similar to the early termination fee. Better off looking for deals that don't give you credits, but rather a rebate where you can pay off the phone completely and without penalty.

Thanks OP!

There are no early termination fees with this. You just pay off the remaining balance.

dennisfuller said:   There are no early termination fees with this. You just pay off the remaining balance.
  I didn't say there was an early termination fee. I'm saying that they've converted that ETF into something new to keep you on that plan. I just got off chat and they confirmed that the second "free" line is only free if you complete a 24 month or 30 month monthly installment plan. If you cancel earlier, those "free" credits are then forfeited and you must pay for the remaining balance of that phone.

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO APPLY "FREE" CREDITS TO PAY OFF THE PHONE EARLY. 

So no, it's not technically an early termination fee but the setup is the same. You want to cancel or port out your number? Well that "free" iPhone will now cost you for the remainder of that plan. It's basically a contract for 2 years or 2 1/2 years where instead of paying a fee for cancelling, you're paying retail price on the remaining balance of the phone.

Thought I'd clarify it for people who thought they could get in on this offer and cancel their line right away while receiving a free phone.

I cant imagine people think they could sign up/cancel and get a free phone.

It worked out perfectly for my family. We already had 2 lines and we needed 2 more. We got 2iPhones and they gave us 2 for free. We tried Verizon before and it has bad coverage in my house. AT&T works best. We have no problem staying with them for 2 years. It might not work well for everybody but it worked well for us.

This will not work if one of the two people want a PLUS, and one wants a standard iPhone. - Too bad.

If i add a line for the buy one get one free, do you think att will come back at me if i cancel my original line after i buy the phones?

This would work out great for me and my wife as we both needs new phones.

Im not under contract and i dont mind losing my phone number for a free phone and the monthly payments.

lakbossa said:   If i add a line for the buy one get one free, do you think att will come back at me if i cancel my original line after i buy the phones?

This would work out great for me and my wife as we both needs new phones.

Im not under contract and i dont mind losing my phone number for a free phone and the monthly payments.

I'm wondering the same thing... I might cancel/port one line first and be out of a phone for a day just to be sure.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017