Avatar
posted 48 years ago by
canoeguy1
Senior Member - 1K

I've gone to the websites of Hyundai dealerships in Chattanooga and Atlanta, and searched their inventories for Elantras. As soon as I do, an offer pops up for a $30 reward card (one option is Amazon ) if I do a test drive of a new Hyundai (not necessarily an Elantra). YMMV for your dealership (I haven't had the time to test every US dealership), but it's worth a quick check.

Example: http://www.longhyundai.net/all-inventory/index.htm?search=elantr... 
 

Views
29 Comments
Add Comment
Worked for me in Orange County, California. Thanks, OP.

Got hosed on last $50 deal in late Oct.  Hyundai is pulling tricks to harvest emails to spam people which I've been getting for Genesis from the initial reward card submission.

Emailed the sales manager twice and she said they will submit but never did.  Her husband owned the dealership and they live a block from me. 

BPH789 said:   Got hosed on last $50 deal in late Oct.  Hyundai is pulling tricks to harvest emails to spam people which I've been getting for Genesis from the initial reward card submission.

Emailed the sales manager twice and she said they will submit but never did.  Her husband owned the dealership and they live a block from me. 

  Time to leave something on their front yard ...

go to your dealership Hyundai site and do a search on Elantra. you will get a pop up with the offer. at least 5 dealerships around me worked that way. i am in central NJ

Worked for me. thanks.

Is it worth $30 reward card to test driving a car and get harassed by salesperson? I guess you can give a fake number but not worth my time to step a foot into a dealership and test drive Hyundai. I would do it free for Tesla. But will need at least $100 to step into Hyundai dealership and give a copy of my driver's license.

I got $75 from Lincoln by stepping into their showroom.  That was worth it

gecman said:   I got $75 from Lincoln by stepping into their showroom.  That was worth it
  
Is this from this month, I know there was a deal back in late 2016?

docjoo said:   Is it worth $30 reward card to test driving a car and get harassed by salesperson? I guess you can give a fake number but not worth my time to step a foot into a dealership and test drive Hyundai. I would do it free for Tesla. But will need at least $100 to step into Hyundai dealership and give a copy of my driver's license.
  It's certainly worth it if you're thinking of buying a Hyundai, since you have to talk to the saleperson anyway. 

Hyundai isn't doing this to get people in the door who have no intention of buying from them. Don't expect them to shower you with money!
They're trying to give those people who ARE potentially in the market an extra incentive to have a look.

yes.  Nov  2016.   I just checked to see if my drive was posted and saw it.  It came attached to a E-mail  

No popup for me.  Also didn't work the last time around.  Figure the local dealer doesn't participate in these promos.

They are running a $5 oil change for test driving a Tuscon.

I need at least $50. Maybe next year.

Terms and conditions for this test drive offer mention limit one redemption per household every 6 months.
I did the last offer Hyundai offered in October for a $50 gift card. I guess I will wait a few more months for the next Hyundai test drive offer...

BigDave123 said:   Terms and conditions for this test drive offer mention limit one redemption per household every 6 months.
I did the last offer Hyundai offered in October for a $50 gift card. I guess I will wait a few more months for the next Hyundai test drive offer...

  Thanks for the heads-up!

nice sharing. thanks.

I'm in - their Sonata has taken significant strides, though dealership/ownership experience still somewhat lacking worth checking them out it has been a couple of years...

jschuman said:   
BPH789 said:   Got hosed on last $50 deal in late Oct.  Hyundai is pulling tricks to harvest emails to spam people which I've been getting for Genesis from the initial reward card submission.

Emailed the sales manager twice and she said they will submit but never did.  Her husband owned the dealership and they live a block from me. 

  Time to leave something on their front yard ...

   I would love to have my 2 pups leave excrements in their front and side yards (house on corner) but these typical used car dealers owners (who also owns Ford dealership next to Hyundai) replaced their yards with CHEAP (very tacky looking) astroturf.  

Again not worth the trouble of y'all time for $30 you may never get and spammed.

I actually bought my 3rd Elantra in Aug of 2016 when the popup was for 50.00. Didn't test drive but bought the car. Dealer filled out all paper work. Long story short: never rec'd rebate of the 50.00 Visa card. After 2 months of back and forth with dealer, they sent me a 50.00 check. I did receive a link from the fulfillment company Hyundai used.. they said to fill out this form. When I clicked on it I got this message: This web site is unreachable. I made sure to voice my frustration with the dealer. They acted like gentlemen, I must admit. This is in upstate NY.

I did the one in Oct. and received the gift card with no problems. Not eligible for
this one but just did the $25 Subaru. Drove BRZ six speed manual and this 
thing rivals many muscle cars, it is quick.

Note that the terms say "Dealer reserves the final decision to redeem or refuse any reward card certificate or coupon." My sales guy did mention how some people come in and say they have no interest in the vehicle, they just want the gift card. Wondering if this "clause" will allow them to avoid that issue?

That said, I saw this offer pop up when I was looking for a Hyundai earlier this month. I had already test driven two, but went back in, and test drove another and bought one. They obviously were happy to give me the card - which was an Amazon card, and was in my inbox within about 20 minutes of giving them the paper.

thanks for share !

pbwhite said:   Note that the terms say "Dealer reserves the final decision to redeem or refuse any reward card certificate or coupon." My sales guy did mention how some people come in and say they have no interest in the vehicle, they just want the gift card. Wondering if this "clause" will allow them to avoid that issue?

That said, I saw this offer pop up when I was looking for a Hyundai earlier this month. I had already test driven two, but went back in, and test drove another and bought one. They obviously were happy to give me the card - which was an Amazon card, and was in my inbox within about 20 minutes of giving them the paper.

  
I've done many test drive offers in the past and always told them I'm considering
several different brands to peak their interest.  

Mine popped up with a $40 offer.

How long it takes to receive the reward? I went in and the salesman took the print saying he would take care of it. But nothing came yet.

hjdut said:   How long it takes to receive the reward? I went in and the salesman took the print saying he would take care of it. But nothing came yet.
  Mine was in my email box about ten minutes after leaving the dealership. Already used the $40 to refill another card.

docjoo said:   Is it worth $30 reward card to test driving a car and get harassed by salesperson? I guess you can give a fake number but not worth my time to step a foot into a dealership and test drive Hyundai. I would do it free for Tesla. But will need at least $100 to step into Hyundai dealership and give a copy of my driver's license.
  OK, so how was the Tesla test drive?

How an offer is defined isn't clear and thus this 6 month language is likely not enforceable. The company running this considers the ongoing campaign one offer despite changes to the expiry dates, amounts, dealership, etc.

Got mine.

Went to a dealership and walked around the lot. Didn't see a single salesperson so left. 



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017