posted 48 years ago by
Sangel
Addicted Member

My local Tractor Supply  ( and most TSC) just did another markdown for all "insulated " clothing type items. At my Tractor supply this included  most  winterCoats and hoodies(heavy and light weight ), Coveralls( the quilted kind only) winter boots, winter hats and gloves. Basically 50% off the LOWEST clearance price. sale does not apply to EVERYTHING clearance, Just what they consider "insulated" which my store made it anything with even a lightweight lining for clothes . Mens items seemed to have a better markdown overall
I bought  men's Schmidt insulated work jacket $13 and change. Ladies Schmidt hot pink insulated coat $20. Men's lightweight lined camo zip coat $15. Carhartt men's insulated work jacket $22 and change. Men's insulated coveralls ... I admit I forget but cheap.

Sorry I can't remember all exact details but I've been awake 20 hours now so all exact to the penny pricing escapes me. My store actually had pretty many coats to choose from. Adults and kids

Views
3 Comments
Add Comment
Just got home from trying to buy a clearance Carhartt coat. Was marked down to $38. They tried to charge me $32. I pointed out the sign that clearly stated 50% off LOWEST MARKED price, but they wouldn't honor it. Told me it was 50% off original price. I called corporate when I got home, he said I was correct, and he called the store to make them honor the sale price. Only problem is the store is 40 miles away. I should have called from the parking lot.

Same problem for me yesterday. Sign say 50% off on coat rack.
Coat markdown from $169 to $99 then gave me 20% off (for this weekend sale) really?
Just left, didn't need it that badly.

Well, I went back today to pick up the coat I tried to purchase Friday. To get the sale price of 50% off, they said I had to get there before the sale was over. They would not honor the price so I could pick it up at my convenience, even though it was their mistake. It still didn't ring up at the correct price. They had to do an override. WTF? This store made me feel like I was trying to pull one over on them. The discount rang up correctly at the other 2 stores in my area, but they did not have the one I was looking for. I ended up getting a $90 coat for <$20, but not sure it was worth it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017