posted 48 years ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 8K

Posted with ToGo

Sennheiser - Audiophile Over-the-Ear Headphones - Titan
$79.98
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sennheiser-audiophile-over-the-ear-headphones-titan/1700513.p?skuId=1700513

Only @ Best BuyListen to your music comfortably with these headphones that feature velour ear cushions and a twist-n-lock cable for easy use. Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement (E.A.R) technology simulates sitting in front of hi-fi speakers without space constrictions.

Views
8 Comments
Add Comment
These look awesome.Is it worth the price though?Anybody have any personal reviews?

have anyone used this kind of headphone?

Best way to check up on them is the reviews at headfi.org, maybe also Amazon as a secondary source.

I have the 555's I think they are called...basically an older version of this. They do sound great and are very comfortable. I paid about $50 for mine about 10 years ago, and I'm still using them. The only negatives are that they are open so you hear everything going on around you and others hear your music if you have it turned up. Also, the cord is very long and has the large plug on the end. The 3.5mm adapter works for most things, but if you've got a cell phone with a case on, forget it.

I've also been using the HD555 for a little over a decade as my daily wear on my PC.  I definitely agree about the downside of the plug.  It uses one of those enormous 1/4" studio plugs, so it requires a 1/4"->3.5mm adapter for most uses.  I definitely wouldn't recommend these as a travel pair of cans that you'd use with your phone.  I will however disagree about the "downside" of it being open-ear.  I think it's 100% personal preference.  Not only do I think you get better sound, but I also hate the feeling of not being aware of my surroundings that noise cancelling headphones provide.

I will say that as soon as my headphones die, if ever, I'll be buying this model.  Sennheiser gets an A+ from me for sure!

Best review site is rtings.com

I personally have the HD598's (which are more open-sounding, brighter version of this) and they're on par with any other $150 headphone out there. Very comfortable. I can't speak to these personally, though.

They appear to be HD558 by the picture. Maybe this is the 2017 model? I have a pair kids bought me for XMAS. Between us, the family also owns HD419's and HD439's. The HD558 (?titan?) is open backed, so you may disturb those around you if you like it loud. They are light and comfortable, with very soft velvety ear cushions. My only gripe is they are geared for home use, with a 1/4" plug, although they include an 1/8" adapter. That adapter is long and rigid, so it doesn't work so well with a portable mp3 player or phone. You can get replacement cords to fix that problem. I just wish they had done like the HD439's and included both a long cord for home and a short for portable. They sound very nice and airy, great for Classical music, and I love them with Rock and Heavy Metal.

howiez69 said:   They appear to be HD558 by the picture. Maybe this is the 2017 model? I have a pair kids bought me for XMAS. Between us, the family also owns HD419's and HD439's. The HD558 (?titan?) is open backed, so you may disturb those around you if you like it loud. They are light and comfortable, with very soft velvety ear cushions. My only gripe is they are geared for home use, with a 1/4" plug, although they include an 1/8" adapter. That adapter is long and rigid, so it doesn't work so well with a portable mp3 player or phone. You can get replacement cords to fix that problem. I just wish they had done like the HD439's and included both a long cord for home and a short for portable. They sound very nice and airy, great for Classical music, and I love them with Rock and Heavy Metal.

"Titan" is the color on this set of HD558. It is a Best Buy exclusive for this model. The second cord for the HD598 SE should be what most people would prefer with them to use with portable devices. It is 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm and 1.2 meter long.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017