posted 2 months ago by
dealrep
Happy Member

Hi Guys,

I just noticed that ATT has announced (coming soon) new Unlimited Data plan as follows and seems you will be paying lesser compare to what you are paying now for your current family (15 GB or more) share plan, but now it will be unlimited. Currently, I am paying $145.00 for my 3 phone lines with 15 GB family sharing plan, but for the new one I will be paying $135 ($115 + 20, under choice plan) or $140 ($145 + $20 - $25, under unlimited plus plan) for 3 lines. Because I have Direct TV, therefore, I will get this $25.00 credit under unlimited plus plan otherwise, it will be $165. But still, in any case, I will be saving money and everything will be unlimited.  I think these mobile carrier wars (T-MobileSprint, Verizon & ATT) to won more customers is helping the customers to have more choices and force the carriers to make their deals better to retain or attract new customers. Thanks to T-Mobile, who started it but still their service is not as good as compare to ATT and Verizon.

AT&T
Unlimited
Plus℠After 22GB of data usage,
AT&T may slow speedsPlan includes Stream Saver
$90/mo.** After $5/mo. discount with AutoPay and Paperless bill.Includes

• Unlimited Data, Talk and Text
  • High-Definition VideoStream video in HD quality, when available, with Stream Saver turned off.
  • 10GB Mobile HotspotAfter 10GB, hotspot speed limited to max of 128Kbps for the rest of the bill cycle for eligible devices
  • Our Fastest Speed
  • Save $25/mo. on DIRECTV and DIRECTV NOW ***

$145/mo.** After $10/mo. discount with AutoPay and Paperless bill.Includes

• All the benefits of the Single Line plan
  • 2 Smartphone lines
  • Add up to 8 additional devices for $20/mo. each**
  • Save $25/mo. on DIRECTV and DIRECTV NOW ***

AT&T
Unlimited
Choice℠After 22GB of data usage,
AT&T may slow speeds
$60/mo.** After $5/mo. discount with AutoPay and Paperless bill.Includes

• Unlimited Data, Talk and Text
  • 3Mpbs Max SpeedAfter 22GB of data usage, AT&T may slow speeds.
  • Standard-Definition VideoVideo streamed at max of 1.5Mbps (about 480p)

$115/mo.** After $10/mo. discount with AutoPay and Paperless bill.Includes

• All the benefits of the Single Line plan
  • 2 Smartphone lines
  • Add up to 8 additional devices for $20/mo. each**

23 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Gotta love AT&T -- an "unlimited" plan with limits! #smh

rated:
I considered signing up, until I read the small print that said the DIRECTV NOW discount does not apply to the early adopters who got the Go Big plan for $35, which I have.

rated:
Plus Taxes and Fees !!!

rated:
im guessing to get unlimited with att on these plans, directv isn't a requisite anymore?

rated:
True, DirecTV no longer needed.

I got the "First" Unlimited Plan offered as of Feb. 17, 2017 and now they will offer 2 more choices? WTH? One with a hotspot as well? Would have liked that and maybe can switch but there will probably be another damn fee! And this first plan offered NO discount for AutoPay/Paperless. Crazy a$$ ATT...

rated:
I was at AT&T today and I learned about this by chance. Was there to see my options for adding 2 more lines to my existing 2 line account. The salesman said we would get 4 new iPhones and 2 of those would be free. And if we select the "No Hot Spot" option for Unlimited we would pay $155 for 4 lines Unlimited.

rated:
Newyorker1905 said:   I was at AT&T today and I learned about this by chance. Was there to see my options for adding 2 more lines to my existing 2 line account. The salesman said we would get 4 new iPhones and 2 of those would be free. And if we select the "No Hot Spot" option for Unlimited we would pay $155 for 4 lines Unlimited.
Bur it you can't have a hot spot (tethering), you are limited. And, if you use too much data, you are limited, right?

1. unlimited (adjective): not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent."the range of possible adaptations was unlimited"
    synonyms: inexhaustiblelimitlessillimitableboundlessimmeasurableincalculableuntoldinfiniteendlessbottomlessnever-ending More

rated:
Newyorker1905 said:   I was at AT&T today and I learned about this by chance. Was there to see my options for adding 2 more lines to my existing 2 line account. The salesman said we would get 4 new iPhones and 2 of those would be free. And if we select the "No Hot Spot" option for Unlimited we would pay $155 for 4 lines Unlimited.
  Did they offer you the $155. Plan to you today?

Yes, they do have a BOGO with the free phone going up to $695.00. I think tis works for Android phones too. The credits for the free phone won't show up for 2-3 months.

rated:
lol, cute AT&T!

Taxes in Utah are stupid high (one of the highest in the country). That $90 quickly turns into $109.

I'm good with T-Mobile, thanks.

rated:
I'm still waiting for my trade-in-credits for 2 phones on the Iphone 7 launch day, I've been getting 5 months of run around. I'm calling the sheriff if I don't get credit today.

rated:
All 'unlimited' plans are limited. Sad.

rated:
vadeltachi said:   
Bur it you can't have a hot spot (tethering), you are limited. And, if you use too much data, you are limited, right?

1. unlimited (adjective): not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent."the range of possible adaptations was unlimited"
    synonyms: inexhaustiblelimitlessillimitableboundlessimmeasurableincalculableuntoldinfiniteendlessbottomlessnever-ending More

10gb of tethering. 

rated:
burrzoo said:   
  Did they offer you the $155. Plan to you today?

Yes, they do have a BOGO with the free phone going up to $695.00. I think tis works for Android phones too. The credits for the free phone won't show up for 2-3 months.

Yes I was offered it yesterday. I told them I would go to Verizon store to see pricing for their plans and phones and come back to them. Pretty busy now so will check Verizon on the weekend and pull the trigger. My wife and I are still on iPhone 5 and both of them are pretty slow at the moment. 

rated:
New Plan implementated today, saves me $40 a month because I have teenagers tha crush my data perpetually. Thank you OP.

rated:
I was hoping they would decrease the prices of their non-unlimited plans. Doesn't look it it.

rated:
polishdreamer said:   New Plan implementated today, saves me $40 a month because I have teenagers tha crush my data perpetually. Thank you OP.
  hey there. You were gonna call the sheriff if you didn't get your trade in credit. Where are you on that end?

rated:
Newyorker1905 said:   
polishdreamer said:   New Plan implementated today, saves me $40 a month because I have teenagers tha crush my data perpetually. Thank you OP.
  hey there. You were gonna call the sheriff if you didn't get your trade in credit. Where are you on that end?

I called AT&T told me to collect my money from the point of sale store. I went to the store and after stopping in to talk they told me there's nothing can do, I warned them I'm calling the sheriff for a theft of my phones, then the manager kicked me out of the store. I went into my car parked out front and called the sheriff and a Corporal came out after about 30 minutes. He called me on his way over and I explained about how I left my phones there 5.5 months ago and now consider this a crime. Unlike some towns, the police here are very fair and reasonable to the many intelligent locals. I spoke with him for about 10 minutes telling him my plight and he then pulled up telling me to wait in the car and he will go in to talk. All the agents inside explained that I'm a nice person and their hands are tied because of it being a corporate store. The corporal then ended up getting the number to the regional manager who called his big boss and they gave the corporal his cell number. The corporal came out to talk with me explaining the situation and that he personally had dealt with ATT and had a problem himself on a trade your phone in for a new phone deal. The corporal had a 8gb phone and brought it in to trade up for a 16gb which was their lowest phone and they ended up charging him, which wasn't the idea behind the promotion. He said that he went in plain clothes to do that deal and got jammed, then went back in full uniform and they fixed it real quick for him. Here where I am, the police are the law / whatever they say you do and everything stays cool. 

The corporal followed up several times and finally the big boss called the corporal back and told him that he was going to calculate the amount I was owed and get me a credit in either 1 lump sum or 2 payments one for each phone by Saturday, apologizing for him having to come out. So I'll keep checking my account on the "my account" app and see if when the credit lands. Kudos to the sheriff and I'm lucky to have gotten a sympathetic ear to help me, hopefully the big boss comes through. 

rated:
polishdreamer said:   
Newyorker1905 said:   

I called AT&T told me to collect my money from the point of sale store. I went to the store and after stopping in to talk they told me there's nothing can do, I warned them I'm calling the sheriff for a theft of my phones, then the manager kicked me out of the store. I went into my car parked out front and called the sheriff and a Corporal came out after about 30 minutes. He called me on his way over and I explained about how I left my phones there 5.5 months ago and now consider this a crime. Unlike some towns, the police here are very fair and reasonable to the many intelligent locals. I spoke with him for about 10 minutes telling him my plight and he then pulled up telling me to wait in the car and he will go in to talk. All the agents inside explained that I'm a nice person and their hands are tied because of it being a corporate store. The corporal then ended up getting the number to the regional manager who called his big boss and they gave the corporal his cell number. The corporal came out to talk with me explaining the situation and that he personally had dealt with ATT and had a problem himself on a trade your phone in for a new phone deal. The corporal had a 8gb phone and brought it in to trade up for a 16gb which was their lowest phone and they ended up charging him, which wasn't the idea behind the promotion. He said that he went in plain clothes to do that deal and got jammed, then went back in full uniform and they fixed it real quick for him. Here where I am, the police are the law / whatever they say you do and everything stays cool. 

The corporal followed up several times and finally the big boss called the corporal back and told him that he was going to calculate the amount I was owed and get me a credit in either 1 lump sum or 2 payments one for each phone by Saturday, apologizing for him having to come out. So I'll keep checking my account on the "my account" app and see if when the credit lands. Kudos to the sheriff and I'm lucky to have gotten a sympathetic ear to help me, hopefully the big boss comes through. 

Wow. I can't believe AT&T tried to screw you like that. Tomorrow I will head there to buy 4 new iPhones under the BOGO Free campaign. Do you see them screwing me over like they did to you? I really don't want to involve any sheriff.  

rated:
Newyorker1905 said:   
polishdreamer said:   
Newyorker1905 said:   

Wow. I can't believe AT&T tried to screw you like that. Tomorrow I will head there to buy 4 new iPhones under the BOGO Free campaign. Do you see them screwing me over like they did to you? I really don't want to involve any sheriff.

Do not do auto pay and watch everything with them, they are as shady as can be. I got my full credit for both phones today as well, as agreed upon. Just had to go to extremes after 5.5 months of chat.

rated:
OP, please adjust title to reflect deal is active and available. I saved $40 a month plus taxes because of it, thanks.

rated:
Anybody else have att and get this ??

rated:
Signed up for the Unlimited Plus plan, have the same set up (3 phones) and original plan (15Gb) as OP.

Autopay must be from a bank, no credit cards (they accept them for autopay, but it apparently doesn't get you a $5/month credit).

DirectTV or Uverse will get you the $25/month credit, in "2-3 billing cycles". I'm willing to bet my $10/month bundle discount goes away, however.

rated:
polishdreamer said:   Anybody else have att and get this ??
  I have ATT and I got this deal last week. We had 2 lines and we needed 2 more. We were on iPhone 5 previously with my wife and we got iPhone 7's and our 2 kids got their own iPhone 7's for free. 

We will pay this in 24 months and we can discontinue our service once we agree to payoff the phones when we leave ATT. I hope what happened to you doesn't happen to us. ATT told me we will start receiving credits after 3 cycles. For the first 3 cycles they will credit us. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017