HP 12C Programmable 10-Digit LCD Financial Calculator Platinum Edition F2231AA $47.99 + f/s

HP Programmeble Caculator  

8 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I loved this calculator! I bought mine sometime back in the late 80's. It was such a great calculator that it is essentially unchanged after all these years. I sold it on eBay several years ago when I bought RealCalc for my phone so I could have an RPN calculator with me all the time. I do miss the loan/payment functions of the HP. If you want a stand-alone calculator, this is the best! 

rated:
I paid more when I bought mine in 1987 (and I still use it). I have a 15C as well.

rated:
For a person who often deal with numbers, it is very useful. I have searched in many websites, this price is very reasonable.

rated:
Price compare with Amazon rated 4.5 stars Price compare

rated:
They forgot to include an = key. (TI-55 owner here)

Do they offer a spell check device OP?

rated:
WDEagle said:   They forgot to include an = key. (TI-55 owner here)

This is an RPN calculator. It has an ENTER key instead.

rated:
kenmarks said:   I loved this calculator! I bought mine sometime back in the late 80's. It was such a great calculator that it is essentially unchanged after all these years. I sold it on eBay several years ago when I bought RealCalc for my phone so I could have an RPN calculator with me all the time. I do miss the loan/payment functions of the HP. If you want a stand-alone calculator, this is the best! 
This isn't the same one you bought in the late 80's.  It's a substantially cheaper feeling version made in China.

I have a 16C (programmer version made in USA) from back then and it's very solid and the keys feel much better.  I also have this Chinese version of the 12C that replaced my old HP-80 (70's version, $400) and I would say it's worth the money for sure, but definitely not the same quality as the old USA made ones.

rated:
littleswallow said:   
WDEagle said:   They forgot to include an = key. (TI-55 owner here)

This is an RPN calculator. It has an ENTER key instead.

Yeah, I know.  I had to chose between a TI and a HP back in 1976 when I was in College (Engineering Major.)  My TI cost ~$100 which = ~ $418 in today's dollars.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017