• High-performance & Large Storage Space
  • H.265 High Efficiency Video Coding
  • UHD 4K Resolution
  • Fully Compatibility & Multi-language Support

Views
31 Comments
Add Comment
what is this for beside 4K? Can you hack it like fire stick? thanks

Does "fully loaded" imply Kodi is installed?

It got a HDMI 2.0 port
~~Support 4K 30fps H.264 and 4K60FPS H.265 Video Decoding

Android but not Android TV...even at this low price a few extra bucks for a real, supported, Android TV version is worth it.

Can I get some actual specs? Is there a list of container/codecs it supports out of the box? Hardware decoding? Can it pass DTS and DD sound to my receiver (either as discrete channels or as a "real" DD or DTS signal)?

Is there a native "player" that just lets me browse a SMB share to play files (native decoding), or do I have to do everything through Kodi/Plex/some other media server software? 

The reason I ask is pretty much everything I have is H.264 video with AAC/DTS/DD audio in MKV containers, and lots of players *demand* an mp4 container otherwise everything gets transcoded by the media server.  My media server is also my storage box, and it has a slow CPU that can't handle a lot of transcoding.  This is why I really like my (now really old) WDTV Live Streaming, which will *natively* play just about any format.

dwayne33 said:   Does "fully loaded" imply Kodi is installed?
  never rely on what it MIGHT IMPLY - however with 16.1 in the description - that WAS the latest KODI version as of about 3 weeks ago, now they are up to 17.0
i think the big crackdown in Europe on these "kodi box" sellers has people nervous so they may be eliminating the name Kodi - not to mention Kodi devs are pissed becuase people keep going to their forum and saying "that box you sold me" doesn't work - yet Kodi doesn't sell anything - read up  on it https://kodi.tv/about/
and  REALLY READ THIS https://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-sellers-and-youtube-promoters-are-killing-kodi/
SO BUYER BEWARE - You may be just buying crap

This is no where near the latest anything
Android 7 is out on Nvidia Shield streaming/gaming machine, as is Kodi 17
You will likely spend more time messing with this cheapo box, than watching content
If you interested in an Adroid box, buy a quality one that actually functions

kstraka said:   Can I get some actual specs? Is there a list of container/codecs it supports out of the box? Hardware decoding? Can it pass DTS and DD sound to my receiver (either as discrete channels or as a "real" DD or DTS signal)?

Is there a native "player" that just lets me browse a SMB share to play files (native decoding), or do I have to do everything through Kodi/Plex/some other media server software? 

The reason I ask is pretty much everything I have is H.264 video with AAC/DTS/DD audio in MKV containers, and lots of players *demand* an mp4 container otherwise everything gets transcoded by the media server.  My media server is also my storage box, and it has a slow CPU that can't handle a lot of transcoding.  This is why I really like my (now really old) WDTV Live Streaming, which will *natively* play just about any format.

Yeh I love my wdtv live plus (wdlxtv), Mine cannot play hevc, dunno about yours.
You could probably use ES File Explorer and MX Player to play just about anything on this box.

This box will have you watching Kodi. But as others have said version 17 Kodi is out and they are working on 18 now. The processor in this is 1.5GHz. I would want a minimum of 2GHz and 2GB of ram to support newer Kodi builds and updates. Spend a little more and watch TV longer as you will be able to use the newer updates. Just remember it all could end tomorrow. 

I would expect the quality of a "fully loaded" Android box from fleebay to be about the same as a fully loaded Ford Probe from a local used car lot.

Beyond the $26 price, you should get a FireTV. Kodi can be loaded (with all the plugins) and really huge amount of content providers are on the FireTV, plus the remote works nicely and has Alexa. You can expand the memory too.

jobenso said:   Beyond the $26 price, you should get a FireTV. Kodi can be loaded (with all the plugins) and really huge amount of content providers are on the FireTV, plus the remote works nicely and has Alexa. You can expand the memory too.
  Just FYI, I bought a FireTV about a year ago and returned it because it did NOT play nice with my Denon receiver.  I kept getting blasted with loud static when the Denon receiver thought it was getting PCM sound from the FireTV when the FireTV was sending digital.  It was super-annoying and a total deal-breaker.  Never had that issue with other devices connected to that receiver.

Ships direct from China?? I'll pass!

All of you nice ppl suggesting that we spend a few bucks more and buy a better box, can any (or all) of you come to any consensus of what that better box might be? I am not *near* as tech-minded as many here, much more plug'n'play sortof guy, and I trust this community for reals.

AusTexDealSeeker said:   All of you nice ppl suggesting that we spend a few bucks more and buy a better box, can any (or all) of you come to any consensus of what that better box might be? I am not *near* as tech-minded as many here, much more plug'n'play sortof guy, and I trust this community for reals.
  ty.. I am looking forwarded to recommendations too.

I currently have the nvidia shield, and had a no-name Chinese Android tv box before. It was so unstable, and created so many headaches that I can't recommend anything with 1gb ram. This thing will for sure get glitchy.

Good luck, I need another one for my parents, but I'll skip this

kutta said:   
AusTexDealSeeker said:   All of you nice ppl suggesting that we spend a few bucks more and buy a better box, can any (or all) of you come to any consensus of what that better box might be? I am not *near* as tech-minded as many here, much more plug'n'play sortof guy, and I trust this community for reals.

I had an 8 core android 6.0, chipset 912 box that was highly regarded as being wonderful, but it turned out to be a unstable, glitchy, and in general almost useless,
​I solved that issue with Nvidia Shield 2017 model, it works so nicely I have one on each tv now

kutta said:   

I would strongly recommend Amazon FireStick with Alexa for $39.99. You can easily install Kodi and then subscribe IPTV if you like. With apps2Fire app, you can install most of the android  app on FireStick. Only limitation FireStick has is non expandable memory. FireTV has a microSD slot but it is $89.99. Just my 2 cents.  

I always wonder how well the firmware is updated. These kind of devices makes up for the bulk of the DDOS botnet.

Hey nothings perfect, I've heard that Denon had issues with HDMI and these devices.

My Yamaha works perfectly, 

Very good? but it seems not to work in Hongkong. I need one for my Hongkong friends.

lemonhead said:   
dwayne33 said:   Does "fully loaded" imply Kodi is installed?
  never rely on what it MIGHT IMPLY - however with 16.1 in the description - that WAS the latest KODI version as of about 3 weeks ago, now they are up to 17.0
i think the big crackdown in Europe on these "kodi box" sellers has people nervous so they may be eliminating the name Kodi - not to mention Kodi devs are pissed becuase people keep going to their forum and saying "that box you sold me" doesn't work - yet Kodi doesn't sell anything - read up  on it https://kodi.tv/about/ 
and  REALLY READ THIS https://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-sellers-and-youtube-promoters-are-killing-kodi/ 
SO BUYER BEWARE - You may be just buying crap

I also read the article where UK is cracking down on sellers on selling Kodi with the illegal streaming software.   I guess its just a matter of time before DMCA crack down on it and make it will end up like another paper weight (TVPad).

Buy a windows 10 tablet with Micro HDMI out, something like this: Link Add to it one of these BT keyboard/trackpad: Link You'll spend about 4x as much, but you'll have a much easier time installing apps like Kodi. You can also stream anything you can watch in a browser. You have a full KB to search easier too. 

Bonus, you can take this with you anywhere you go and it is a full version of windows. Negative, doesn't do "4K" but you're not going to find source material on Kodi at that resolution anyway.

Extra bonus: Add all your favorite emulators and roms and you have a nice old school nintendo/SNES/Genesis/N64 system. Use BT controllers for that.

Hey Stubtify, your links go nowhere.

Thanks, but I don't like buy something on eBay.

The only legit Android TV device out there is the Nvidia Shield. It works great with KODI. I also have a Amazon Fire TV (I wanted another SHield but this was cheaper). The Fire TV is much more limited because Amazon keeps trying to sell you crap on it, but once KODI is loaded its pretty seamless. On sale the ATV is $80 and the Shield is double that. I think those are the only options that play Netflix and KODI to amplifiers and transmit the 5.1 DD+ and stuff.

If there's cheaper options, I'd love to know and save some cash.

=20pxChinavasion sell for $21.14 and you can pay with paypal but then shipping kills the deal

Hey Stubtify, your links go nowhere.
When you get to the dead page, delete the period from the URL and hit enter (FW has incorporated the "." into the URL).

=aw

Fixed them thanks to ottawa for catching the issue.

will this work with coby and Ringplus..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017