posted 2 months ago by
danjayh

Normally $2.99, 66% off at $0.99 on Google play

I've actually had this installed on my phone for a while. It works well, doesn't cause any issues, and is great for when you get screwed by a CSR (I'm looking at you, Comcast!)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nll.acr.licens...

33 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — May. 29, 2017 @ 11:29pm
rated:
Illegal to record voice without consent

rated:
ocean935 said:   Illegal to record voice without consent

Depends on the state. Some states are one-party consent. In those states if the person doing the recording consents (which, presumably, you do), then it's perfectly legal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_recording_laws#United_St...

rated:
already got it. thank you.

rated:
danjayh said:   Normally $2.99, 66% off at $0.99 on Google play

I've actually had this installed on my phone for a while. It works well, doesn't cause any issues, and is great for when you get screwed by a CSR (I'm looking at you, Comcast!)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nll.acr.license&hl=en

This license key removes adverts from ACR Call Recorder ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nll.acr ) and gives access to PREMIUM features such as

- Ability to record by contact
- Ability to start recording in the middle of conversation via manual recording setting
- Dropbox integration
- Google drive integration
- Auto email
- Auto delete short recordings
and more ..

This app is ONLY USED TO ACTIVATE PREMIUM FEATURES OF ACR,
YOU NEED TO HAVE ACR INSTALLED ON YOUR PHONE.

[[This app is free.]]

If you don't, download it from
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nll.acr

Please reboot your phone after installing ACR License

rated:
Fantastic app. You will find that some phone brands (i.e. Samsung ) don't record while on wifi calling. Nothing you can do, really. HTC phones are very open and record on cell signal or wifi calling (T-Mo in this case).

Most phones will work on cellular signal. I think Huawei has issues. Really depends on the way the manufacturer firmware is written.

And lol at it being illegal. Maybe, but who cares. The Lumia 950XL has call recording out of the box. It's no big deal to record, the big deal is WHAT you do with the recording. I have lots of recordings of my father and I's conversations...he died last month and it's nice to have these archives. YMMV.

So yeah if you're trying to pin something on your ex baby mama, you may encounter legal hurdles. For all other uses, it's no different than putting a call on speaker and recording it with another device.

rated:
Doesn't it being illegal just means you can't use it in court? It's not like they're going to come after you for recording something.

rated:
Could someone please suggest something which can record call made from VOIP app on android?

rated:
Thanks for the post

rated:
Aren't free ones available? Who pays for a voice recorder app.

rated:
rockymast said:   Aren't free ones available? Who pays for a voice recorder app.
It's 99 cents. You can't be serious. No wonder devs get frustrated with piracy. People buy a $600 phone and agonize over a $1 app. I bought it at *gasp* full price like 2 years ago. Been using it daily since. That's kinda worth 99 cents, IMO. Would you work 2+ years for $1?

At any rate, I'll play along. This app is regularly updated. An example is the recent profile/setting troubleshooting wizard. Phone firmware changes all the time and if it fails to record a call, the app will recognize this and offer you some pre-set settings to remedy. It applies them automatically after you select the phone/OS you are using. If totally free apps do this sort of thing for you, go nuts. (they don't)

Also, all of my recordings from the past few years are automatically uploaded and saved to Google Drive. It's really nice and worth a buck. I'm not a billionaire, but do recognize when an app is worth this cost. This app is worth the cost.

rated:
Thanks for the post. Always wanted to the ability to record. I also like the cloud storage too. +1

I tried to replay a recording, and it didn't pick up anything.  I don't think this work on a Pixel XL (as others on SD have reported).  My phone is rooted.

rated:
Thanks for the post danjayh! Application tested and works nicely on both of my Marshmallow 6.x based Android phones. License is well worth it for only a $1, which gives you the option to manually record an outgoing or incoming call by placing an overlay button in your phone call screen, and even an auto-record function for telephone numbers you specify.  Those, along with the options to either an auto-upload to a cloud storage or auto email. Also removes the ads from the bottom of the app screen.  Well worth the buck.  Even at the $2.99 normal price, it's a deal.  The $1 price is a limited time sale.

rated:
Thanks OP!

rated:
russ0519 said:   Doesn't it being illegal just means you can't use it in court? It's not like they're going to come after you for recording something.
  Depends on the state, in most states you are correct, recordings from something like this can't be used in court, or otherwise be publicly released, or played for any third party, but it isn't a criminal offense to make the recording.

As for using it against a company, I doubt it would help you much.

My guess is that this app is targeted more towards the Jerry Spring "he said she said" crowd. I imagine every drama queen in the trailer park will have this installed.

rated:
russ0519 said:   Doesn't it being illegal just means you can't use it in court? It's not like they're going to come after you for recording something.
  Uh ... have u met codename47 ?
Might want to rethink that attitude

rated:
Is this good for ambient recording?

rated:
Hmmm I live in a two party consent state but number is ported from a one party consent state, so how does that work? 3 hr time difference, telemarketers start calling at 5am...which is illegal in the state I'm physically in but falls in the acceptable time frame in my area code.

rated:
Dinkoh said:   Thanks for the post. Always wanted to the ability to record. I also like the cloud storage too. +1

I tried to replay a recording, and it didn't pick up anything.  I don't think this work on a Pixel XL (as others on SD have reported).  My phone is rooted.

This is a firmware issue. Some phone firmware just doesn't allow recording. I believe the Huawei Nexus 6p had this same issue. LG is really flexible with call recording in their firmware, Samsung is pretty good (non-wifi calling). People will rate this app 1 star if it doesn't work with their phone, but that's not the dev's fault. It's a tricky thing to pull off and if the firmware canvas is restricted from the start, there's really nothing anyone can do for it to work.

rated:
ezletzpla said:   Hmmm I live in a two party consent state but number is ported from a one party consent state, so how does that work? 3 hr time difference, telemarketers start calling at 5am...which is illegal in the state I'm physically in but falls in the acceptable time frame in my area code.
  The crime occurs where the crime occurs. Or there would need to be two party everywhere.
if ur a two oarty state then the crime would occur there.
 telemarketers arent allowed to call at 5am. There at times set forth. Yes its the time where the phone rings not where they call from.

rated:
owenscott said:   
ezletzpla said:   Hmmm I live in a two party consent state but number is ported from a one party consent state, so how does that work? 3 hr time difference, telemarketers start calling at 5am...which is illegal in the state I'm physically in but falls in the acceptable time frame in my area code.
  The crime occurs where the crime occurs. Or there would need to be two party everywhere.
if ur a two oarty state then the crime would occur there.
 telemarketers arent allowed to call at 5am. There at times set forth. Yes its the time where the phone rings not where they call from.

What happens in state where two party consent is required but when you call, you end up getting recording? For example, I called Dept. Of Children and family in Florida to schedule a phone interview and a recorded messages instructed me to leave a number to call back. I left my number and full details twice but they never called back but sent me a notice of failure to schedule an interview. In these type of situations, can I record a conversation even if two party consent is required or not? What do you guys have to say?

rated:
You can record anything you want. The legal hurdles begin when you decide to do something with said recordings.

Nobody is going to kick your door down because they heard you recorded an interview. Nobody. Your moral compass is at play here, up to you. What you do with that recording is the question. For personal reference? Go for it. Nobody would ever know.

I have a camera system in my home. It records all audio/video. If I have a confidential conference call with the FBI on speakerphone, it gets recorded. Nobody knows, nobody cares.

rated:
coolbreeze said:   You can record anything you want. The legal hurdles begin when you decide to do something with said recordings.

Nobody is going to kick your door down because they heard you recorded an interview. Nobody. Your moral compass is at play here, up to you. What you do with that recording is the question. For personal reference? Go for it. Nobody would ever know.

I have a camera system in my home. It records all audio/video. If I have a confidential conference call with the FBI on speakerphone, it gets recorded. Nobody knows, nobody cares.

Way to get somebody indicted. Linda tripp recorded monica and was going to be prosecuted until the feds stepped in and saved her. Of course u can say she did something by sharing it .. yes. But if ur gonna record and not beable to share without immunity whats the sense ??
ps its not moral or immoral to record .... its just one of thise thjngs thats illegal here and not there kinda rules.

The crime happens when u record without notice. As long as u tell them "this line may be recorded for quality control purposes" its now a legal call.

rated:
I'm not going to argue, but again, it all depends on WHAT you do with the audio. For all we know Lida Tripp had 24,345 recordings of the Pope and her talking about stuff. We will never know because they were for her reference only.

So, nobody is getting indicted over a 99 cent app. If you are in a 2-party consent state and go to Taco Bell with your mistress, eat a taco and talk about stuff...their camera system records it all (yes, I realize this isn't a phone call). Will millions of business suddenly indicted because of this? Nope. Things are recorded everywhere all over the world, all day every day. 99.9% of those recordings never leave the owner's possession, just like the recording from this app. Google and this app dev belong in jail then because they are allowing 2-party state residents to purchase/download it...right?

If I call Comcast in a 2-party state and don't notify them (audibly, on tape) they are being recorded and the rep says he's going to chop me into little pieces and make soup out of me, I can't do anything with that audio. Cool. Like I said previously, the only recordings I care about that I've made are between my father and I since he recently passed. YMMV on other use cases.

Again, my Lumia 950XL has call recording integrated directly into the dialer out of the box. Microsoft is in trouble, no matter the argument that can be made about the responsibility of the user. There is no recording announcement when you press "record call."  Besides, nobody has personal responsibility these days. Everyone is a victim, right?

rated:
What file format does it save files on?

Everybody is saying it is a fantastic. But look at this: updated on December 1st 2014

Is it old?

rated:
Is this really the best one out there?

rated:
quickfatwallet said:   What file format does it save files on?

Everybody is saying it is a fantastic. But look at this: updated on December 1st 2014

Is it old?

The OP's link goes to the licence app, which was updated on 12/1/2014. There is really no need to regularly update the licence patch file. It just tells the software "it's licensed."

The actual app, which you need (and has a free trial) was last updated 2/21/2017. It receives updates quite frequently.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nll.acr&hl=en
quickfatwallet said:   Is this really the best one out there?
I don't know what is considered "the best" (i.e. very subjective) but it is well supported by the dev, so yeah I guess?

rated:
What is the difference between the license and the actual app?

rated:
The app doesn't even work.

rated:
zeugma said:   The app doesn't even work.
  Download the app. Make sure it works for u and u like it, but do it quick lol, and then spend the 99 cents.
 it works for me and i now see phone calls stored in my google drive just like i wanted.  

rated:
coolbreeze said:   I'm not going to argue, but again, it all depends on WHAT you do with the audio. For all we know Lida Tripp had 24,345 recordings of the Pope and her talking about stuff. We will never know because they were for her reference only.

So, nobody is getting indicted over a 99 cent app. If you are in a 2-party consent state and go to Taco Bell with your mistress, eat a taco and talk about stuff...their camera system records it all (yes, I realize this isn't a phone call). Will millions of business suddenly indicted because of this? Nope. Things are recorded everywhere all over the world, all day every day. 99.9% of those recordings never leave the owner's possession, just like the recording from this app. Google and this app dev belong in jail then because they are allowing 2-party state residents to purchase/download it...right?

If I call Comcast in a 2-party state and don't notify them (audibly, on tape) they are being recorded and the rep says he's going to chop me into little pieces and make soup out of me, I can't do anything with that audio. Cool. Like I said previously, the only recordings I care about that I've made are between my father and I since he recently passed. YMMV on other use cases.

Again, my Lumia 950XL has call recording integrated directly into the dialer out of the box. Microsoft is in trouble, no matter the argument that can be made about the responsibility of the user. There is no recording announcement when you press "record call."  Besides, nobody has personal responsibility these days. Everyone is a victim, right?

Their camera system shouldnt record audio as it oft times runs afoul of state laws. But thats ij public AND there is no expectation of privacy (google parabolic mics public). There an expectation of privacy on a phone call in a 2 party state.
 he is telling u that yes u are violating the law but ya know ... ur prolly not going to get in trouble for it. Its upto u.

rated:
 I have the same question because I paid .99c, downloaded on my Samsung Galaxy 5S T-Mobile Android 6.0.1 and I don't see icon or any thing. App Manager show with only uninstall option. What am I doing wrong?

rated:
yugpatel said:   
 I have the same question because I paid .99c, downloaded on my Samsung Galaxy 5S T-Mobile Android 6.0.1 and I don't see icon or any thing. App Manager show with only uninstall option. What am I doing wrong?

Goto play store. Find app. Download. Once its installed then it should upgrade automatically. U only purchased a license so u needed app first ... or in ur case now.
 i think that should work for u. If not pm me and ill call u to see if we can figure this out. I have a gal s5.
misread what u said. Search ur phone but check app store first. Make sure u have app.

rated:
There are two links for this app (see my post above). The one linked in the OP is the license. It does nothing by itself. You need the actual app that I linked above. The license is included in the OP because that's what you have to buy to activate the free app. Very common scenario with paid apps (with free limited main app).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017