posted 2 months ago by
MISTERCHEAP
MOTY 2016

Click here to link your Amex rewards account to your Amazon account https://www.amazon.com/gp/shopwithpoints/marketing.html?tag=

• Once linked/enrolled add $50 or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart
  • Proceed to checkout & select your Amex rewards card as your payment method, then select the amount of points you'd like to use for the purchase (must use points for at least a portion of your order)
  • Apply promotion code AMEX17EVER
  • Up to $25 discount will be applied to qualifying items
  • Note, offer eligibility may vary by cardholder.

32 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
how about buying gc?

rated:
Thanks. Worked great!

GG

rated:
nortotron said:   how about buying gc?

can certainly try, no promise it will work.

rated:
YMMV.  Didn't work for me.

rated:
The deal worked for me. Thanks.

Elsewhere people said that 3rd party gift cards bought on Amazon work. Maybe Amazon gift cards aren't eligible?

rated:
only these cards?

The Platinum Card® from American Express
    Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
    Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express
    Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
    The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
    The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express
    Business Green Rewards Card from American Express 

rated:
It worked for an Outback card!

Kev

rated:
picked up Staples GC. thank you.

rated:
And didn't work on a platinum or business gold card.

rated:
I have Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express but it doesnt seem like its working for me.
This is the first time am using Amex for paying in Amazon. I tried putting Staples GC in the cart.    

rated:
has to be a card that you get rewards points for, you can put in 1 point(.01) and the rest $24.99 is paid by your AMEX CC. 3rd party GC are OK can't get Amazon GC or pay a portion with Amazon GC.

rated:
This does not seem to work on cashback cards, only travel cards with "points".

rated:
This sounds like a good deal for me

rated:
Just worked with AMEX EveryDay card, which is a CB card..

rated:
thanks for sharing.

rated:
Be careful with this deal. I used to have my thankyou from Citi VISA linked (one of the cards featured) and the point conversion multiplier was much less than the equivalent value of just buying gift cards directly from the credit card rewards site. In other words, you lose ~ 20% of equivalent value by using points to purchase on Amazon.

rated:
GMY said:   Just worked with AMEX EveryDay card, which is a CB card..
AMEX EveryDay is a Membership Rewards card, not a CB card.  

rated:
It doesn't work if you had previously linked your Amex card and have used similar offer within the last 24 months.

rated:
Kenpet22 said:   It doesn't work if you had previously linked your Amex card and have used similar offer within the last 24 months.
  hmmm....not sure about that....pretty sure I used the AMEX16EVER and this worked again....not sure if I was using the same Amex card though.....I have had multiple ones linked but haven't used rewards points from all of them on Amazon before.

rated:
No go on my Amex Everyday, boo!

rated:
rdnzl said:   No go on my Amex Everyday, boo!
  Same here.

rated:
javajoejava said:   Be careful with this deal. I used to have my thankyou from Citi VISA linked (one of the cards featured) and the point conversion multiplier was much less than the equivalent value of just buying gift cards directly from the credit card rewards site. In other words, you lose ~ 20% of equivalent value by using points to purchase on Amazon
  Use $1 worth of your points.  You lost 20 cents to save $25.

rated:
Never Mind

rated:
Has anyone been able to find any "eligible purchases"? I linked my card and tried it on several items, none was "eligible"...

rated:
dxulab said:   Has anyone been able to find any "eligible purchases"? I linked my card and tried it on several items, none was "eligible"...
  Same problem here. I can't find any eligible products.

Is there any way to search for products "sold and shipped by Amazon"

rated:
https://www.amazon.com/b?node=14220395011

AMEX Promotion Terms and Conditions 2017
1. This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 12/31/2017, or until 80,000 customers have redeemed this offer, whichever is earlier. The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.

2. To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 90 days or longer.

3. Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $50 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.

4. The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $25 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card.

5. Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twenty four months.

6. Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.

7. Offer only applies to eligible products sold by Amazon.com.

8. Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.

9. Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.

10. Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.

11. Offer may not be combined with other offers.

12. Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.

13. Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $25.

14. If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the card amount first, followed by Membership Rewards points.

15. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

16. Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.

17. This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible American Express card issued in the United States.

rated:
Not working with my Amex Blue for Business cash rewards card.

rated:
doesnt work for me either

amex plat enrolled fine but the code doesnt work.

rated:
worked for me, thanks! bought a random assortment of things sold by Amazon

rated:
BOGUS! Would not work for me.

rated:
Green for OP...I forgot about all of my unused AMEX points! Enrollment was easy, and now I can use them at Amazon

x

rated:
1. The most optimized way to use AMEX MR is to transfer to airline miles that you happen to have a usage. One example of best redemption is to transfer to Virgin Atlantic. US mainland - Hawaii round trip business class meeds 80,000 miles. It is over $1300 if pay by cash. There'e lots of other trips and other airline miles AMEX MR can transfer to, making it very possible to redeem AMEX MR at 1.5-2 cents per point. (Waring: airline award tickets may have limited availability. Make sure it's available before transferring AMEX MR to miles).

2. Redeem as Gift card when AMEX has promotion. The best promotion in the history is 5,000 points for $100 gap gift card, which was several years ago and never repeated. Although not so great, there might be still some good promotions. With them, the value of MR could be more than 1 cent (of gift card value) each point.

3. Sell at brokers for cash. This option is in gray area. AMEX MR doesn't want you to do it, but AMEX MR wouldn't know if you do it. One reliable broker is milesp2p.com which has good reputation online and over two thousand facebook likes. As of now (March 2017), price for AMEX MR is 1.3 cents/point.

4. Buy stuff as Amazon at 0.7 cent/point. Add your AMEX credit card, and the option will come up automatically at Amazon payment page. However since the value is too low, try to avoid it as possible.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017