posted 48 years ago by
george2001
Overlooked.

Blue Rhino $3 rebate form 

"Limit one per household per calendar year."

If you save it as a PDF, you can fill in the information before printing.

Views
12 Comments
Add Comment
The link let's me download the PDF but when I try to open it, it asks for a password.

Worked fine for me. Thanks OP

Does anybody know, is Blue Rhino still underfilling cylinders?  I recall they got caught at that some years back and had to issue refunds because at that time they were claiming the cylinders were full.  But if they don't claim the cylinders are full ...

Green for the deal, but to answer the above, yes Rhino tanks are only filled w/15 lbs.

I've been taking my tanks to the U-Haul near me and with current pricing, was getting a full 20lb refill for about $10-12.

Here's a good blog post on the topic, relevant to us Fatwalleters:

https://www.orangecoat.com/the-truth-about-filling-20-lb-bbq-grill-propane-tanks

Agreed that refilling your own tank is a better deal, and that is what I usually do. In my case, I have an old 20# cylinder that is beyond the date that it can be refilled. My plan is to trade it in for a newer tank and then refill that one. Be aware the Blue Rhino used to put "Tri-safe" valves their tanks which prevented you from refilling elsewhere. A Google search will tell you how to identify and avoid those valves.

I just put together the new gas grill that I received for Christmas. Where is the best place to get a brand new propane tank (as opposed to simply a refill)? Thanks in advance!

lindyn said:   I just put together the new gas grill that I received for Christmas. Where is the best place to get a brand new propane tank (as opposed to simply a refill)? Thanks in advance!
  I bought my last new one at Costco.  They have one with a built in gauge, priced about the same or a tad less than those without a gauge. Made in China though, if that's an issue.

Noahbody123 said:   The link let's me download the PDF but when I try to open it, it asks for a password.

Same here.

Tried to put image here...It didn't work...

Go to WWW.BLUERHINO.COM 

Click on "coupons" under "Quick links" near the bottom of the page.

Click on text "Print out this coupon and save"

<= Added scanned image.

What a waste of time. All this for $2.50? You have to mail this in.

You people must be broke.

kingdoodler88 said:   What a waste of time. All this for $2.50? You have to mail this in.

It's not much of an incentive to buy, but if you're buying Blue Rhino anyway, you have to be pretty darn lazy to NOT just fill it out and send in.  I have 4 propane tanks and have replaced 2 with Blue Rhino tanks once they were too old to be refilled without an inspection.  Just check the tank when they give it to you to makes sure 1) it's not a trisafe valve (triangle symbol and different shape) and 2) it's not an already expired and inspected tank.  Afterwards, I just refill them as usual from either U-Haul or other local place.

kingdoodler88 said:   What a waste of time. All this for $2.50? You have to mail this in.

No, we have Fat Wallets!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017