posted 2 months ago by
LaCamus

Edit: HomeAway, VRBO and their affiliates (under the HomeAway umbrella) are property rental sites where owners can list their properties (condos, b&b's, homes, etc) for short term rentals (vacations, etc.).

Not sure why HomeAway , VRBO and its affiliates are such jerks to their existing clients...

I tried to call them to get a $50 discount on my property listing renewal (like in previous years); first person said no, second said let me see then gave me another # to call. I called that number and the first time they hung up (or we were disconnected). I called back the next day and the wait was 20+ minutes before their automatic system put me to voice mail...twice...and they never called back.

Anyway, just venting, but today I decided to look for coupon codes to see if anything out on the net would work...fatwallet didn't show anything and every time I tried a code for property listings they never worked...because they are intended for new listings/clients only (F their loyal customers who have been with them for years...huh?! ...sorry).

But...I finally found a winner and it appears to be one that they have forgotten about. I am subscribed through VRBO, but it says that this is a HomeAway coupon...listed as "HomeAway Get 15% away revival provide". It worked for me on VRBO so it should work on HomeAway too.

The code: MKREACT15

When you go to checkout when renewing your listing there is a spot under "Payment Summary" (top right)...click "INSERT COUPON"...then type the code in and apply.

After payment went through I received a copy of my paid invoice via email showing the 15% deduction ($53 from $399), and it was marked as "15% off each tier level of renewals"...which is odd because they don't sell tiers anymore.  

Hope this helps someone (and I hope they keep it live),
Rus

5 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
It would be a good idea to explain
Who, What, When, Where and Why of this site.

rated:
This code is only for renewals on the sites mentioned (as far as I know). Anyone looking to use this code will already have a clear understanding of what these sites are.

HomeAway, VRBO and their affiliates (under the HomeAway umbrella) are property rental sites where owners can list their properties (condos, b&b's, homes, etc) for short term rentals (vacations, etc.).

Hope that helps.

rated:
I keep trying to write responses, but they get rejected. I guess I can't mention the name of any companies whatsoever without sending up a flag.

Anyway, those 2 sites I mentioned above (and their affiliates) allow owners to list their properties as vacation rentals. As far as I know this code will only work for renewing listings, so anyone searching for this code most likely knows what these sites represent.

Edit: looks like a couple made it through.

rated:
As LaCamus suggested, Home Away owns VRBO.

rated:
whoops

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017