posted 17 days ago by
kewgy

Office Depot offers the Brother Monochrome Laser Printer, HL-L2320D for $49.99.
Free shipping.
Print resolution of up to 2400 x 600 dpi for sharp images; Automatic 2-sided (duplex) laser printing
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/733081/Brother-Monochrome-...

18 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Office Depot coupon thread.
rated:
great price for a duplex printer. Just missing wireless.

rated:
Love this laser printer.  Bought this one several years ago and have never had an issue.  Just recently upgraded to the wireless version with scanner (2540dw) which has printed perfectly from cell, tablet, and laptop.  Both are highly recommended.

rated:
Good price.

rated:
I still have my older similar version (HL-2170W) from way back when , still kicking strong (6-7 yrs) . These units are definitely workhorses . This is also a very good price wireless or not . Green !

rated:
what is the price of the tonel?

rated:
30 seconds of research says toner is about $50 for Brother brand, under $10 for aftermarket on Amazon.

rated:
Bought it about 2 years ago. still working without issues.

rated:
fine for what it is... but IMO you can do better waiting for a deal on a wireless or wired networked laser. Even if you don't need one now, they're awfully convenient. Besides using them with more than one computer, it can also makes printing from a tablet or phone possible.

You can semi-regularly find the Dell e310dw for around this same price (and sometimes for less). It's also made by Brother and has more features than this model. It's more like the Brother HL-L2340dw... but with wired networking added too.  Main downside is the Dell branded toner costs significantly more so you need to be willing to use generic toner or toner refills.

EDIT:  Actually, looks like it is available from Staples. com at the moment for $49.99.  It can come and go quickly.
http://www.staples.com/Dell-E310dw-Mono-Laser-Printer/product_16... 

rated:
Danzilla said:   fine for what it is... but IMO you can do better waiting for a deal on a wireless or wired networked laser. Even if you don't need one now, they're awfully convenient. Besides using them with more than one computer, you it can also makes printing from a tablet or phone possible.

You can semi-regularly find the Dell e310dw for around this same price (and sometimes for less). It's also made by Brother and has more features than this model. It's more like the Brother HL-L2340dw... but with wired networking added too.  Main downside is the Dell branded toner costs significantly more so you need to be willing to use generic toner or toner refills.

EDIT:  Actually, looks like it is available from Staples. com at the moment for $49.99.  It can come and go quickly.
http://www.staples.com/Dell-E310dw-Mono-Laser-Printer/product_16...

this looks good.  I am going to check it out.  thanks.

rated:
Good price, but i personally prefer the wireless printer.

rated:
I have been looking for to buy this printer during the last few days. Thanks OP.

rated:
palo34 said:   what is the price of the tonel?
  I see generic TN660 for less that $15.

Wish I could find some generic toner for my Pantum 2502.  Think I paid $55 for my last toner for it.

rated:
I have this one but with wireless networking and it's been great. I think we're still on the original trial toner after a year of use since we only print on occasion. Very Handy for the occasional work task at home

rated:
i never saw a bad review on brother printer, but my HL-L2300D broke in a year, all lights flash, seldom used, maybe i got a lemon

rated:
Bought a pair at the original price. How I wish I saw the deal earlier.

rated:
Any recommendations on the generic toner for the Dell e310dw?

rated:
ariom said:   Any recommendations on the generic toner for the Dell e310dw?
Often a crapshoot.  I just recommend not buying more than you need, in case there turns out to be something wrong with the toner.  Generics tend to have less quality control in my experience.

As a bonus, because the Dell is made by Brother, you can actually use the same Brother TN-660 toners in the Dell, but only if you switch the one gear that's a different size on the two toners.  There's more information if you search for it, but essentially you take apart the end of the toner cartridges.  Removing a few screws holding on the gearing cover.  Then just Swap one gear from the Dell to the new Brother toner.  I've heard it should be obvious when you're looking at them side by side.

rated:
Thanks for the input, especially the Dell/brother cartridge insight, that is cool.

I agree with the other posters that the Brothers' are workhorses. My hl-5250dn (wired) just recently gave way after 10 something years of boringly consistent performance! My backups are the wireless-enabled printers  hl2280dw and the hl2270dw, both of which are humming after 3+years of service. All bought somewhere around the $40-60 pricepoint. And I've never used a non-generic cartridge ever, unless they were the original starter cartridge.

Going forward, I intend only to get AirPrint compatible wifi laser printers with scan capabilities, ideally a Brother. 

The (apparently Brother rebranded/clone) Dell e514 @ $82.99 along with the generic 2-pack at Amazon for $25.59 meets my needs.
https://www.fatwallet.com/deals/dell-e514dw-mono-laser-all-in-on...
https://www.amazon.com/LxTek-Compatible-Cartridge-Replacement-Mo...

Anybody know of any other current Brother branded AirPrint/wifi/laser printer+scanner deal?

Also, for those who don't know about it, I use and recommend the easy to use scan software NAPS:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/naps2/

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017