http://seniordriving.aaa.com/maintain-mobility-independence/driv... 

I just took this course.  It is supposed to take 8 hours; took me maybe 15 minutes.
You can enter your AAA membership number for $4 off, making the course $15.95.
It will give you a modest discount on your AAA auto policy for three years.  Probably wise to confirm that with AAA.
For me, it will have paid for itself this first year, and give me something like $20 off for the next two years.

May well work with other insurance companies.

After you complete the course and take the exam, you should receive your certificate within 8-10 days.
Then you need to get it to AAA, either by taking it in to an office or you can call them and email it to the agent you speak to.

I would suggest that you pay attention during the course, as although you should probably be able to mostly fly through it, as the exam will include some specific info that you might not be able to guess.  You have to get 80% on the test to pass it.  I skimmed the course pages and just barely passed.

It is supposedly not tax deductible, according to their customer service, but I think it might actually be...?

5 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Farmer's Insurance discounts for this as well, for 3 yrs after the course in my state of MN.

rated:
15 minutes? Not possible as each page has a timer so you can't speed through it.

rated:
pacificgrovecity said:   15 minutes? Not possible as each page has a timer so you can't speed through it.
  All that I can tell you is that I paged through really fast and it worked.  I was stunned when it worked so fast, so I called them and they verified that I had completed the course.

I did listen to the few videos in the course.

rated:
works with USAA. Saved a few $$. Didn't cost much to take.

rated:
It would not allow me to fast forward thru it.It is not difficult, but it was time consuming and saved me a whopping $3.50 a year on each of my two cars. I should have checked into savings first with my carrier. It will take me years just to break even. LOL

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017