Avatar
posted 16 days ago by
ghlejackson
Shopaholic Member

TSA Luggage Locks, 1 Pack TSA Approved Luggage Lock + 1 Pack Ordinary Digit Combination Coded Lock, Combination Luggage Locks for Travel Safety and Security - Black

Link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FQBKTHQ

FREE Shipping on orders over $35.

2074 Views
13 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Is this mean the TSA can open this lock anytime?

rated:
kenwallet said:   Is this mean the TSA can open this lock anytime?
  either that or they just cut it off, anytime.   Nothing keeps them from getting into your luggage.

rated:
I can't remember which airport it was (I think Denver or NYC) but there was an investigation into personal items being stolen from luggage.  They found it was the luggage handlers doing it.  It didn't matter if there were locks on the luggage because all they had to do was push a pen through the closed zipper to pop it open.  Then they pulled the pen along it to open it all the way.  After stealing whatever valuable they found they would pull the locked zipper tabs across the open zipper to close it back up like nothing happened.  This was all caught on video.  So luggage locks are worthless.

rated:
plasmata said:   I can't remember which airport it was (I think Denver or NYC) but there was an investigation into personal items being stolen from luggage.  They found it was the luggage handlers doing it.  It didn't matter if there were locks on the luggage because all they had to do was push a pen through the closed zipper to pop it open.  Then they pulled the pen along it to open it all the way.  After stealing whatever valuable they found they would pull the locked zipper tabs across the open zipper to close it back up like nothing happened.  This was all caught on video.  So luggage locks are worthless.
  
I don't lock my luggage any more.  Take the valuables with you.  Those luggage handlers exist in every airport in the world!
 

rated:
For this price,the item is worth.

rated:
Oh, yes, I think it is worth, too. Good item!!!!

rated:
Better still lock up luggage to avoid easily opened by anyone out of TSA or handling staffs. Some of these locks have indicator showing whether they have been opened by TSA. Mine was last time.

rated:
What is the TSA LOCK AND i DON'T KNOW

rated:
I feel confused,too
 

rated:
Did anyone ever place money inside their luggage? I have a heavy bag of quarter coins about $40. I placed the quarter bag inside my luggage. After I arrived at my final destination, the quarter coins bag disappear. I didn't know if the TSA or the bag handle had that coins bag. I have very bad feeling about this incident because this is strictly domestic flys.

I hope, this incident should never happen or the bag handler manager with a big salary should do something about this problem with the TSA approved lock or not lock.

rated:
garycook said:   Better still lock up luggage to avoid easily opened by anyone out of TSA or handling staffs. Some of these locks have indicator showing whether they have been opened by TSA. Mine was last time.
  TSA is supposed to leave a note inside the bag if the bag is opened by them

rated:
itsme13 said:   
garycook said:   Better still lock up luggage to avoid easily opened by anyone out of TSA or handling staffs. Some of these locks have indicator showing whether they have been opened by TSA. Mine was last time.
  TSA is supposed to leave a note inside the bag if the bag is opened by them

  
And an IOU if they take your $40 in quarters.  

rated:
The comment is funny.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017