posted 16 days ago by
AnonAZ

I have 8 lines and I was able to upgrade each line to 4GB LTE data. 

- Login to My T-Mobile
- Click Plan tab
- Click Change Data under Account
- On each line under Data option select 4GB LTE (In my case it showed $0 increase) 
- Select Effective Data
- Click Agree and Submit

I hope it works for everyone. 

18 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Mar. 26, 2017 @ 6:55am
rated:
I do not see 4GB...just 2 GB, 6 GB, 10 GB and No Data. I already have 2GB @ $0 and under that it does say 4G LTE.

rated:
are we talking 4G LTE or 4GB? big difference

rated:
doc53 said:   I do not see 4GB...just 2 GB, 6 GB, 10 GB and No Data. I already have 2GB @ $0 and under that it does say 4G LTE.
  Simple Choice North America plan here - I see the same thing across my 5 lines

rated:
No 4GB for me either:{

rated:
Nice.. deal OP. Have 8 lines on my plan too all upgraded to 4GB....Thanks.

rated:
I have the Simple Choice and do see 2GB, 4GB, 4GB, 6GB, etc...(yes 4GB listed twice). My plan is currently 2.5GB LTE and for some reason it says my plan is already 4GB LTE. So when i select the other 4GB option and commit the change, nothing happens and it still shows my plan as 2.5GB LTE.

so i guess its ymmv.

rated:
Seeing that as well, 4GB listed twice, and it says my 2.5 GB plan is a 4GB plan (Active is marked next to 4GB). Also, if you click the little pink "i" next to the plan it says "Up to 2.5 GB free" even though the heading is 4 GB.

rated:
My own line is still on the unlimited from a promo from over two years ago, but on the other lines on my plan, 4GB isn't even an option... but 2GB is listed. Twice even.

rated:
My options are:

*2GB
*6GB
*10GB
*No Data

(Except for one line that currently has 1GB non-BingeOn selected.)

rated:
supposedly you should've received a text from T-Mobile with a code for this offer.

rated:
Thats correct. We received a txt from TMO as well and all our lines were automatically moved to 4GB from 2.5GB per line.

rated:
just call them. They are suppose to give all 2.5gig simple choice plan up to 4gig free until feb 2019

rated:
I have 3 lines that has 6GB per line plus 20GB stash. I pay $70 plus tax. So how much would 3 lines (4gb per line) would cost? Trying to compare savings.

rated:
This is only for those with the 2.5GB promo, not the standard 2GB?

rated:
Yayy, worked for me. I have 8 lines and all of them are changed to 4gb per line now. Thanks for sharing!

rated:
You are correct. Seems only the 2.5GB plans can get upgraded free.

rated:
Allegedly there was a cutoff date that you had to have the line before with 2.5 GB to be upgraded to 4GB for free. Many found they got the text and weren't upgraded, or they didn't get the text and were still upgraded.

Then we found you can manually go into the account and upgrade yourself to the 4GB (although don't ask me which one to choose when you get 2 free 4GB options that look identical)

Now I find, they my plans say they are 2.5GB, but the current billing cycle usage screen will show "x.xx GB of 4GB High Speed", so it's possible that many people really have it, but don't realize they do.

If you have a free line, I would be hesitant to do anything with it for fear of messing up the bill credits.

rated:
Thanks for this deal. I upgraded all my lines yesterday but I still do not understand how and whether binge on applies. Apparently, binge on is only for lines with 3GB or more not counting this upgrade but video compression is an option. Can anyone confirm that?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017