posted 17 days ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 6K

Posted with ToGo

Verizon Prepaid - Moto G4 Play 4G LTE with 16GB Memory Cell Phone - Black
$37.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/verizon-prepaid-moto-g4-play-4g-lte-with-16gb-memory-cell-phone-black/5577481.p?skuId=5577481

Stay connect with this prepaid Verizon Moto G4 smartphone. The quad-core processor lets you browse w

17 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Mar. 28, 2017 @ 12:07am
rated:
Will this work on Sprint or locked to Verizon prepaid?

rated:
Stat under picture in link states 8GB memory but description says 16GB??

rated:
After 12 months of prepaid service, will this then unlocked phone work on GSM ATT or TMo?

rated:
brusbrother said:   After 12 months of prepaid service, will this then unlocked phone work on GSM ATT or TMo?

All you have to do is pay for one month of service ($30) and then it will be unlocked. whether it works on ATT & Tmo is another story. probably not

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   
brusbrother said:   After 12 months of prepaid service, will this then unlocked phone work on GSM ATT or TMo?

All you have to do is pay for one month of service ($30) and then it will be unlocked. whether it works on ATT & Tmo is another story. probably not

have you done this recently?  I would like to use this on a Verizon postpay.  Under the prepay site the lowest I see is $40, would I need to call in to get the $30 plan?  And after activating would I be able to switch the SIM with my postpay and get it to work right away?  Thank you

rated:
Hmmm.....I seem to remember that the requirement to unlock a prepaid device was changed to 12 months. Was it changed back to 30 days?

rated:
Larryslug said:   Hmmm.....I seem to remember that the requirement to unlock a prepaid device was changed to 12 months. Was it changed back to 30 days?

Well at X-Mas time when I bought my dad a pre-paid for his post-paid account it was. From the year prior, I activated the Motorola E that was $10 from BB no problems on his account (read: no charge). Then this year, i did the same thing but was blocked. After multiple call ins between VZW Postpaid I prepaid, it got settled all out. Though there seems to be one teeny-tiny department that can help facilitate this, without bouncing back & forth as much as I did (found out towards the end, don't ask, i don't remember). I had to activate on the pre-paid for a few seconds, then they did something i believe to speed things up, and it is now on our Post-paid account, for a charge of $30 for one month of the most basic service

if things changed, it was in the last 2 months. you might be thinking of other carriers that require longer commitments

rated:
The ransom is less for the Moto E. This one costs $75 in service according to prepaidphonews.

rated:
Larryslug said:   The ransom is less for the Moto E. This one costs $75 in service according to prepaidphonews.
  If that is the case I would be better off just buying the unlocked version.  Hopefully BestBuy will let me return this.

rated:
Larryslug said:   The ransom is less for the Moto E. This one costs $75 in service according to prepaidphonews.

If you read what I posted, all I paid was $30 (maybe tax). it was jut a basic phone plan. I didn't have to buy anything with data. I would have trusted that article too, if I hadn't done it for $30 myself. Maybe I was a fluke, but i paid ~$30-40 for the phone, and $30 for tempory pre-paid activation.

edit: $34.99
ArmchairQB said:   
  If that is the case I would be better off just buying the unlocked version.  Hopefully BestBuy will let me return this.

They will (within return policy). Ting currently has this phone for $99 unlocked. So that's another route.

It is a great upgrade for someone on a Motorola E. very similar, but better obviously. 

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   

If you read what I posted, all I paid was $30 (maybe tax). it was jut a basic phone plan. I didn't have to buy anything with data. I would have trusted that article too, if I hadn't done it for $30 myself. Maybe I was a fluke, but i paid ~$30-40 for the phone, and $30 for tempory pre-paid activation.

ArmchairQB said:   

They will (within return policy). Ting currently has this phone for $99 unlocked. So that's another route.

It is a great upgrade for someone on a Motorola E. very similar, but better obviously. 

Was the phone that you just did a couple months back this exact phone?  Were you able to just have them add the $30 to your regular bill?

rated:
yes, EXACT. paid $34.99

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   yes, EXACT. paid $34.99
  Thank you.  I will give it a go on Monday so I can call Verizon business and get the line unmarked and have them add the $35 on.  This should be a nice upgrade from the wife's Moto E

rated:
ArmchairQB said:   
MeIsCheap said:   yes, EXACT. paid $34.99
  Thank you.  I will give it a go on Monday so I can call Verizon business and get the line unmarked and have them add the $35 on.  This should be a nice upgrade from the wife's Moto E

I'm actually going through the steps right now. Calling Prepaid to activate right now, then I will call Verzion (tech department) to activate on the post-paid side, #866-221-4096 . They are saying that the minimum activation fee now is $40. The guy is saying that the fee went up a couple weeks ago. I'm not thrilled about that, but still going ahead as it is still $20 under the Ting deal, and I have in my hand now.

rated:
Amazon Prime members can get the unlocked version of this phone, with lockscreen ads and offers, for $99.  Link

rated:
gbuskirk said:   Amazon Prime members can get the unlocked version of this phone, with lockscreen ads and offers, for $99.  Link
  can we use ur Amazon version for postPaid Verizon?

can we use this OP prepaid on a Verizon postpaid service?

rated:
microkelvin said:   
gbuskirk said:   Amazon Prime members can get the unlocked version of this phone, with lockscreen ads and offers, for $99.  Link
  can we use ur Amazon version for postPaid Verizon?

can we use this OP prepaid on a Verizon postpaid service?

looks like you only read the last post. do yourself a favor, and read all the posts on this ONE page. it isn't like this thread is 100 pages long

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017