posted 48 years ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

Posted with ToGo

BlueTech Rechargeable Battery Charger with USB Charging Port
$14.99
http://www.staples.com/BlueTech-Rechargeable-Battery-Charger-with-USB-Charging-Port/product_2605577?cid=SM:SBD:FACEBOOK:SITELIKES:20111002:EVENT

Buy BlueTech Rechargeable Battery Charger with USB Charging Port at Staples? low price, or read cust

Views
6 Comments
Add Comment
What no batteries with it? Over priced.

This looks like a copy cat of the LaCrosse BC-900 and BC-1000 as the overall design and button placements are almost an exact copy. Personally I have the BC-1000 and love it, which I paid around $50 for but it came with a few AA and AAA batteries. If this BlueTech is a worthy copy cat, then it is well worth $15 and possibly more. This is a "Smart Charger" which is completely different then the "Dumb Chargers" that the other 99% of all chargers are. I am considering this BlueTech as a backup to my LaCrosse BC-1000.

Dumb Chargers have a set charging rate and charge either 2 or 4 batteries at the same time and at that fixed rate. Some Dumb Chargers are high speed, which are the worst kinds, because even though it charges the batteries faster, it also reduces the useful life of the battery. Ever notice how warm or hot the batteries get in some fast chargers, which is never good. Personally I do not use any Dumb Chargers anymore as they simply kill your battery faster they it should.

A Smart Charger like the LaCrosse BC-1000, and hopefully this BlueTech one, will let you charge 1, 2, 3 or 4 batteries at a time and also at a rate that you specify (200, 500, 700, 1000, 1500, or 1800 mAh). After the battery is charged, it will also tell you the current capacity of the battery in mAh. They will also let you do a refresh of the battery which will drain the battery first, and then do a proper full charge. A third setting will let you just perform a complete drain of the battery. And a fourth setting (my personal favorite) will do multiple refreshes of the battery (complete drain and then charge to full) until the battery increases its capacity to its fullest at that time. The only downside to the fourth setting is that it will sometimes take 2-3 days to properly refresh a battery to full capacity. The LCD display will even show charge rate, current charge, elapsed time, voltage levels, etc.

I have used my BC-1000 on all my NiCAD and NiMH batteries, and it has brought life back into some batteries that after 3-7 years of use would only hold maybe 200-300 mAh (out of there original 2100 mAh capacity) and now those same exact batteries hold 1400-1800 mAh capacity when fully charged. I actually have some old 2000 mAh Monster Power rechargeable batteries from CompUSA that are over 10+ years old and those still hold around 1800-1900 mAh at current capacity.

I personally have not tried this BlueTech charger yet, but if it is anything like the LaCrosse BC-1000 that it is an obvious copy cat of, it should bring new life back into many of your old batteries. I am going to purchase one of these and keep it as a spare charger in my Garage. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Many props to OP for this.

raytyszka said:   This looks like a copy cat of the LaCrosse BC-900 and BC-1000 as the overall design and button placements are almost an exact copy. Personally I have the BC-1000 and love it, which I paid around $50 for but it came with a few AA and AAA batteries. If this BlueTech is a worthy copy cat, then it is well worth $15 and possibly more. This is a "Smart Charger" which is completely different then the "Dumb Chargers" that the other 99% of all chargers are. I am considering this BlueTech as a backup to my LaCrosse BC-1000.

Dumb Chargers have a set charging rate and charge either 2 or 4 batteries at the same time and at that fixed rate. Some Dumb Chargers are high speed, which are the worst kinds, because even though it charges the batteries faster, it also reduces the useful life of the battery. Ever notice how warm or hot the batteries get in some fast chargers, which is never good. Personally I do not use any Dumb Chargers anymore as they simply kill your battery faster they it should.

A Smart Charger like the LaCrosse BC-1000, and hopefully this BlueTech one, will let you charge 1, 2, 3 or 4 batteries at a time and also at a rate that you specify (200, 500, 700, 1000, 1500, or 1800 mAh). After the battery is charged, it will also tell you the current capacity of the battery in mAh. They will also let you do a refresh of the battery which will drain the battery first, and then do a proper full charge. A third setting will let you just perform a complete drain of the battery. And a fourth setting (my personal favorite) will do multiple refreshes of the battery (complete drain and then charge to full) until the battery increases its capacity to its fullest at that time. The only downside to the fourth setting is that it will sometimes take 2-3 days to properly refresh a battery to full capacity. The LCD display will even show charge rate, current charge, elapsed time, voltage levels, etc.

I have used my BC-1000 on all my NiCAD and NiMH batteries, and it has brought life back into some batteries that after 3-7 years of use would only hold maybe 200-300 mAh (out of there original 2100 mAh capacity) and now those same exact batteries hold 1400-1800 mAh capacity when fully charged. I actually have some old 2000 mAh Monster Power rechargeable batteries from CompUSA that are over 10+ years old and those still hold around 1800-1900 mAh at current capacity.

I personally have not tried this BlueTech charger yet, but if it is anything like the LaCrosse BC-1000 that it is an obvious copy cat of, it should bring new life back into many of your old batteries. I am going to purchase one of these and keep it as a spare charger in my Garage. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Many props to OP for this.

Got to love the individual bank & slow charging options. However, I get the refreshing (though more applicable to NiCad), but if you do the multiple refresh option, there are several of your charge cycles gone & the extra electricity spent to charge them, however minimal. Might as well drain, charge once and use, repeat. 

$33.99 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/BlueTech-Rechargeable-Battery-Charger-Cha... with 4.6 star rating. Thanks OP.. Just got one. I have Lacrosse one too and I love it.

sudhs said:   $33.99 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/BlueTech-Rechargeable-Battery-Charger-Charging/dp/B014U5JOCA with 4.6 star rating. Thanks OP.. Just got one. I have Lacrosse one too and I love it.
  F from FakeSpot

Is this charger worthy for the elite rechargeable batteries?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017